• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tee Higgins on Block?

Rags

30 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Just bc ur the top wr on your teams depth chart doesn’t mean you’re a true wr1. Was ted Ginn a wr1? Nothing to do with fantasy. Higgins would be a solid, not good, wr1

edit: I just reread my original comment and realized I never even mentioned this wr1 thing. You just made up an argument lmao

You’re right, those 4 games where Chase was injured and Higgins put up numbers equivalent to what would have made him 3rd in the league in catches and yards proves he couldn’t be a true #1

• Pie 2

My “cool story bro” is that I met Tee at his camp this summer. I work with D1 Training and we were facilitating a lot of the drills for kids. Nice guy! His mother is a bit of a local celebrity around his old high school. I saw her last week and she kept telling me to make sure I get Tee for my fantasy team this year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Just bc ur the top wr on your teams depth chart doesn’t mean you’re a true wr1. Was ted Ginn a wr1? Nothing to do with fantasy. Higgins would be a solid, not good, wr1

edit: I just reread my original comment and realized I never even mentioned this wr1 thing. You just made up an argument lmao

Tee is a legit #1 receiver though. That's why it was seen as a luxury pick to take Jamar Chase instead of Penei Sewell in the draft. Turns out Chase happens to be elite, but Higgins himself is still a #1 level receiver. I'd put him on the same level as DJ Moore If not better, because I think Higgins runs better routes.

It'd be a boon for us to somehow get him.

I'd like to think we will treat at least 1 trade or FA signing this next year as a 1st-round level acquisition to compensate for not having a first in the draft. Ideally, I'd like to see that either as a 3 down DL or playmaker WR.  We could win this year but it's easy to see that this offense needs playmakers badly.  

Higgins would be a very solid target.  You're probably looking at the likes of Mike Evans, Gabe Davis, and his teammate Boyd come 2024.  Higgins is the youngest (24) and would be an ideal target to grow in an offense with Bryce. He seems to get knicked up a lot, but doesn't tend to miss a tone of time.  

I'd love to bring Tee back to the Carolinas and give BY a true WR1 at 25 years old in year two of his career. Higgins/Mingo would be nasty and curious if CIN can pay Higgins after just giving Burrow his due $$ and Chase on the horizon. 

In looking at cap space next offseason, am I reading this incorrectly? Looks like we don't have as much as we thought or would there be some tweaking to open up more space? I thought '24 was when we had an insane amount of dough available...

image.thumb.png.e34793102a787b47298fe817fb0fc8b8.png

That dead cap is pretty crazy to see on paper.