• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Calm the hell down..

musicman

something no one has mentioned outside of the two INTs is that the ball bounced the falcons way on three separate fumbles, once resulted in a TO from Sanders and two they self recovered. 

I think if Horn doesn't get hurt that's a one score game. 

We get two out of those three fumbles and it's maybe a Panthers win. 

Score truly looks worse than how close that game was. 

WR will be a focus this offseason to upgrade. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, musicman said:

The last time a starting rookie QB won his 1st game was in 2002. No DJ Chark, a hobbled Theilen and probably Marshall. Horn goes out. It wasn't that bad. 3 TO's hurt. The O-line did better. 1st game for Sanders. It's gonna take time. There were some positives. But it looked like a rookie playing in a new system with new coaches and a lot of new faces. 

Everyone knows this. Everyone knows all of this.

What you see is a reaction equal and opposite to the infinite optimism that existed over the summer. I was banned for saying Bryce would probably struggle and that I didn't like the pick, mostly due to the team building aspect. I was called "negative" and that it wasn't needed.

I was chided for saying that our 3-4 defense would take time since we lacked depth and the appropriate personnel. 

We just lost to a divisional opponent by two touchdowns and they threw for 95 yards. They threw for less than 100 yards and we lost. This after this forum decided that Wilks and his offensive preference was too old school because you have to pass to win now. 

What most of you all don't get is that we ran a power run game last year because we had to in order to win. We couldn't throw 40 times a game and win. We couldn't line up in shotgun 65% of the time and win. We needed to run a traditional offensive look and pass off of play-action to protect the offensive line, the quarterback, and to help the receivers. We would be wise to go back to that approach because what I saw today isn't going to win many games.

It may hjave been one game, but there was enough there to see that we are a 2 to 5 win team. I don't see a world in which our offense is good enough to win more than that, as it exists today. Even without Bryce's interceptions, we were not winning that game today. 

4 hours ago, ickmule said:

I’m calm, but Bryce has a noodle arm. Most of us knew that, so it’s no surprise. 

I was banned for saying this over the summer; be careful. "BUT HIS BRAINS. HE'S GOT HUGE, MASSIVE, STRONGGGGG, BRAINS."

Of course it's just one game. But physically, he is underwhelming to say the least, which we all knew. He had deep ball opportunities and missed those as well which is another concern considering that was supposed to be a strength of his. 

It took Drew Brees what, six years? So maybe after another two coaches we will get there. Or maybe we can get a GM who can work a trade for or find the next Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle in the draft? 

Going to be tough going against the Bears when they have DJ Moore, Marvin Harrison Jr., and Drake Maye or Caleb Williams. They could be great for a decade or more if they play their cards right. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, gakonline said:

Bryce overthrew the deep balls hardly a noodle arm. 

He overthrew DEEP BALLS? So he doesn't have a noodle arm? I think you're misunderstanding what gives an NFL QB the moniker of "noodle arm". It's not the ability to throw the deep ball but rather the ability to nail in the short and intermediate throws into tight windows. 

10 minutes ago, SOJA said:

something no one has mentioned outside of the two INTs is that the ball bounced the falcons way on three separate fumbles, once resulted in a TO from Sanders and two they self recovered. 

I think if Horn doesn't get hurt that's a one score game. 

We get two out of those three fumbles and it's maybe a Panthers win. 

Score truly looks worse than how close that game was. 

WR will be a focus this offseason to upgrade. 

We’re going on 10 years now of needing to upgrade the wide receiver position and it ain’t for lack of trying. 

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He overthrew DEEP BALLS? So he doesn't have a noodle arm? I think you're misunderstanding what gives an NFL QB the moniker of "noodle arm". It's not the ability to throw the deep ball but rather the ability to nail in the short and intermediate throws into tight windows. 

He had a few throws in tight windows. The problem is most of the time the windows were completely shut.