• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young needs to ride the bench this season. Let him learn behind Dalton before it's too late.

jasonluckydog

Just now, Jon Snow said:

The other picks were irrelevant.  We still have a future.  Nothing was given up but two of our skill players. Granted it was our 2 best skill players but it's not our "future". What we had wasn't working so we started over. This is what happens when you clean house. Get used to it this season. 

I know what you are saying but those picks in theory would still be on the team and provide as starters or depth.  They have to be replaced on some level going forward.  If for some reason Young doesnt work out its not a crippling move on the whole it just means we have to start completely over again.

And I have been one of the more realistic ones on this board, playoffs were never in my predictions.  This is a 7 maybe 8 win team if things break right.  I thought 2024 is the year to contend but that may be premature if we are having to deal with getting more corner help and more pass rush and better wrs.   It would be super advantageous if tmj and mingo made some big strides as the year goes on

• Pie 2

Bryce is probably the most ready QB to come into the league in a decade, if not longer, if not ever.

There is a HUGE difference between the readiness of QB's today than there was even just 20 years ago.  Kids are growing up learning the intricacies of the game in a way they never did years ago.

They have QB coaches from a young age, taught to read defenses well before high school, and so much more.  Young kids with QB aspirations these days are doing things by the time they're in high school that most college QB's didn't do 25+ years ago.

That's more of why QB's needed to sit for a year or two to learn, but in today's game, they knew stuff 5 years ago that rookie QB's struggled with 25 years ago, massive difference.

9 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I was extremely unsatisfied with Bryce Young as a draft pick.  I felt he sh*t the bed pretty badly yesterday, and I'm not willing to use "he's a rookie" as an excuse. It's a weak excuse, and the mistakes he made had little to do with him being a rookie. Overall, I'm not excited or hopeful about him as the future of the franchise either.  

All that being said, benching him now would ENSURE his failure and absolutely destroy his confidence.  You can't make that move at this point.  That decision would have had to have been made back in early August.  You have to stick with your horse and pray he figures it out, and pray that guys like me are wrong.

You’re not willing to understand a rookie is great 😊 n his 1st game as a pro.. got you smh!!

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we have moore yesterday and we likely win

We might have.. But what does that mean?? If you have Moore you don’t have BY.. At some point ppl have to realize it is what it is this season and we aren’t Superbowl contenders after 1 offseason of major change..

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

And the seconds and Moore.   That’s a lot of depth to replace.  If Bryce works then it is what it is.   If not we are back at square one.   

"a lot of depth to replace" is definitely an overstatement. One of those 2nds came from CMC...  It was a bonus pick...  realistically if we are talking "cost in losses" it would be the 2024 first round pick, 2025 2nd and DJ moore. So 3 players in totality...  2025 is DJ Moore's last year of his current contract... 

So truly we lost 2 players in the deal if you are looking big picture.  So if we are speaking from a depth perspective through the life of the trade.. then we are looking Bryce Young (Franchise QB) vs 2 unknown players....

You can say we lost depth, but not "a lot of depth" ... 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, recceice said:

Okay IF.. Even thoe we seen 2 teams come off a bust rookie QB and still been competitive and relevant..

see San Fran and New York Jets

We'll see what the Jets do. Everyone is trying to crown them already but that's yet to be seen. Hard to build the type of roster you need to lure an elite QB if you make a big trade up for a bust. The Niners already had a great roster when they made their blunder then won the lottery landing Purdy.

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we have moore yesterday and we likely win

No way.  We had 3 TOs on the road (4 if you can't the failed 4th down conversion).  On top of that our punt returned pinned us on the 1 yard line.  I remember plenty of games where Moore couldn't get separation until the game was already over.  What did Moore have yesterday with the Bears?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I mean... he looked like Jimmy Clausen out there dude...

But like I said, I, along with every one of you, pray that I'm wrong.  I genuinely do.  I'd love to be wrong.

He’s a rookie in his 1st game who played less in the preseason then I’ve seen in history.. 
Be honest you have been spoiled by Cam??But reality is most rookie aren’t good right away and it takes time and reps for them to get better.. This wasn’t a day 1 fix.. Only 1 rookie Qb in the last 30 years won his 1st game and that was David Carr.. 

Let that sink in..

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see what the Jets do. Everyone is trying to crown them already but that's yet to be seen. Hard to build the type of roster you need to lure an elite QB if you make a big trade up for a bust. The Niners already had a great roster when they made their blunder then won the lottery landing Purdy.

We will see but reality is missing on a QB isn’t as big of a Organization killer as it use to be..

Plus the fact we are even talking this after 1 game is embarrassing and showing we have lost touch with reality as a fan base..

• Pie 1