• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All-22 Review: Panthers @ Falcons [Week 1 - 2023]

TheCasillas

3 hours ago, Silent Majority said:

It's mine. Why should I be concerned because yours differs from mine. I simply do not think he is aggressive. He is safe. If I'm proven wrong so be it. Never said I disliked the kid. You all are hilarious. 

It's not bad for being different from mine. It's just bad.

Not every quarterback is a gunslinger. Nor should they be. Hell, some of the best of all time were "safe". It's part of why they were successful.

Good quarterbacking isn't limited to one style of play.

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

There's a bit of a difference between safe and cautious.  At times last week he was cautious but in college he certainly played aggressively when he needed to.  He was a play maker by extending plays etc and I think we will see more of that as he grows... I remember some pre draft videos where he was fitting the ball into windows that would be called risky.

I can see and respect your perspective 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not bad for being different from mine. It's just bad.

Not every quarterback is a gunslinger. Nor should they be. Hell, some of the best of all time were "safe". It's part of why they were successful.

Good quarterbacking isn't limited to one style of play.

Never said he should be a gunslinger nor that part about limiting QB play to one style.  Smh

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

He's gonna overthrow receivers a lot because he's noodle-armed. 

He also took too many aggressive throws because he plays it safe all the time.

He's so even-keeled that he panics a lot.

Anything else we can add to the list?

Don’t forget he takes the check down if nothing is there instead of throwing into double coverage

5 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Never said he should be a gunslinger nor that part about limiting QB play to one style.  Smh

Your complaint is that he's not aggressive (doesn't have that "dawg" in him) and your original post essentially describes him as a system quarterback.

It's just not an accurate take. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Your complaint is that he's not aggressive (doesn't have that "dawg" in him) and your original post essentially describes him as a system quarterback.

It's just not an accurate take. 

"Essentially"...is your inferring not my implying. I stated what I wanted very clearly. I, like most here also watched the all 22. He made some weak decisions to check it down or make the safe throw quite a bit. Was it first game jitters? I don't know. Remains to be seen. I don't knock optimism. He probably will be very good. Probably isn't guaranteed, so behaving as though someone seeing signs is hating or way off base is ridiculous. 

19 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

He's gonna overthrow receivers a lot because he's noodle-armed. 

He also took too many aggressive throws because he plays it safe all the time.

He's so even-keeled that he panics a lot.

Anything else we can add to the list?

He didn't wear a tie before the game.  

• Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

"Essentially"...is your inferring not my implying. I stated what I wanted very clearly. I, like most here also watched the all 22. He made some weak decisions to check it down or make the safe throw quite a bit. Was it first game jitters? I don't know. Remains to be seen. I don't knock optimism. He probably will be very good. Probably isn't guaranteed, so behaving as though someone seeing signs is hating or way off base is ridiculous. 

I disagree with your take, but if you're willing to wait and see, that's good.

An unfortunate portion of this board isn't, which is why we've got so many silly overreactions at the moment. I won't lump you in with that bunch.

• Pie 1

On 9/13/2023 at 12:28 PM, Untouchable said:

Pressure is coming around what looks like the RG before or right as AT breaks that double move so it looks like me might have dropped his eyes at that point. I think he had room to step into the pocket and take that shot, but he might have went to escape where there was a free late rusher.

I’m not sure why people are considering this to be a legit deep ball play, between the pressure and there was no guarantee the safety bites either way because the ball was out 2 seconds before AT even finished the double move. 

5 hours ago, Silent Majority said:

I can see and respect your perspective 

Appreciate that! Just my thoughts. It's totally possible he'll never be aggressive in the NFL because he may never feel comfortable enough with the game to be so.  I hope that is not the case, but plenty of rookies end up playing scared at the next level. So we will see.

• Beer 1