• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What has Scott Fitterer done right?

hepcat

Just now, CRA said:

it's 2023.  Inside scoops by legit reporters are done via social media.   

and yes, the Panther marketing department does Panther PR.  They help paint the picture the Panthers want out there in the universe.  We have been over this before.   And there you go with the exaggerated projection.  Thats' not doctoring a video.  It's PR. 

In other words, you actually are full of sh-t 😄

And hell, it's by your own admission that you like to defend stupid points just to argue. That said though, this year I think you've exceeded your quota.

1 hour ago, weyco2000 said:

I concur, hope it works out in our favor.

I don't think people realize how talented and deep this next QB class is.  Most of the guys after the top two or three have no-to-little eligibility remaining, so the volume of QBs returning next year will be way less than this year.  That's what gutted the QB class this year after the top guys, nearly the rest of the guys after the first round prospects returned to school.  So many of these guys have tons of starts under their belts and there may a few 'Brock Purdy's' in the mid-to-late rounds.  Not to mention the obvious that the top of the class isn't too shabby either.

Take this, for example:

So that next weekend, before the Panthers went to Atlanta and lost an overtime thriller, Fitterer and assistant GM Dan Morgan and vice president of football administration Samir Suleiman headed to Knoxville to watch Kentucky's Will Levis against Tennessee. After they beat the Falcons three weeks later to improve to 3-7, Fitterer and Morgan used the road trip to Baltimore to slide over to College Park, Md., to watch the Terps get carved up by Ohio State's CJ Stroud.

One of the televisions in Fitterer's office, the one to his left, eye level from his desk, always has game film on it. And last fall, it was often college film. As the year went on, you'd see more and more Florida tape in addition to Kentucky and Ohio State, as they started getting intrigued by Anthony Richardson. But seldom did you see a lot of Alabama on that screen. It wasn't due to lack of interest.

Asked during that stretch last fall if there was a quarterback in the following class they had "conviction" on, and Fitterer laughed.

"Yeah, Bryce Young, but it's not like we're going to be in a position to get him," Fitterer said.

Now, we know for our wonderful Huddle sources who have absolutely no inside info whatsoever, that David Tepper was the guy who wanted Bryce Young. So obviously all of this must just be made up bullsh-t.

Seems like an awful loy of effort to go to just a fabric and a narrative, though 🤔

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Past 5 I will give you but past 10 includes years we had way more talent and went to the Super Bowl. I would trade this team in a second for the 2013 team even with the next couple off seasons/drafts in a second if we could swap coaches.

Never ever felt overly confident in any team led by Ron, nor put together by Hurney.

• Pie 1

Also this...

Last Monday, Fitterer went to Reich's office and finally asked which quarterback he liked. They had held off asking each other their preference so they didn't contaminate the process.

"That was about a five-second conversation," Fitterer said.

With the big decision made, the draft day itself was almost anticlimactic and definitely more relaxed than last year, when they were pacing and sweating and hoping left tackle Ikem Ekwonu would fall to them at six.

Again, obviously made up, right?

Darin Gantt sure did go to a lot of trouble to write these fictional stories covering for what really happened 🫥

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

In other words, you actually are full of sh-t 😄

lol. 

Frank on Tepper and them going to get the #1

His analysis (Tepper) of those options, I thought, was spot on—kinda helped push us to the right decision to get up to No. 1 and to make that decision and to be in control.”

More Frank on Tepper in regards to the QB selection.

He’s (Tepper) intimately involved . This quarterback that we pick will be the face of our franchise. And so, obviously he has to be comfortable with that."

NFL insider Adam Schefter

“There’s a belief that David Tepper loves Bryce Young, [and] Frank Reich likes CJ Stroud,” 

NFL teams are mom and pop shops.  Tepper is a billionaire owner.  And AGAIN, he told you in his own words this type decision would be the type he would inject himself into.    He was specific about the type dealings where he thought he would need to be in and not in.  This was literally an example he used in terms of the type decisions he wouldn't stay out of. 

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I don't think people realize how talented and deep this next QB class is.  Most of the guys after the top two or three have no-to-little eligibility remaining, so the volume of QBs returning next year will be way less than this year.  That's what gutted the QB class this year after the top guys, nearly the rest of the guys after the first round prospects returned to school.  So many of these guys have tons of starts under their belts and there may a few 'Brock Purdy's' in the mid-to-late rounds.  Not to mention the obvious that the top of the class isn't too shabby either.

I swear this conversation happens every year.  I'm not saying it's not the case, but there is a lot of football left and who knows who returns and who doesn't .  The class with Lance, Fields, Mac, Mond, and Lawrence doesn't look nearly as strong as anticipated and this past class was suppose to be the next big one but now it's next year's class.  This narrative will always happen to get people excited about college football and interested in the draft. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also this...

Last Monday, Fitterer went to Reich's office and finally asked which quarterback he liked. They had held off asking each other their preference so they didn't contaminate the process.

"That was about a five-second conversation," Fitterer said.

With the big decision made, the draft day itself was almost anticlimactic and definitely more relaxed than last year, when they were pacing and sweating and hoping left tackle Ikem Ekwonu would fall to them at six.

Again, obviously made up, right?

Darin Gantt sure did go to a lot of trouble to write these fictional stories covering for what really happened 🫥

I mean, it's all picking and choosing.  Go listen to any NFL org the day after the draft.  They are doing PR.  That's why all 32 teams got the #1 guy on their board the entire draft.  They were just praying the 10 teams in front of them would be foolish enough to pass on. They weren't thinking of anyone else. And everyone is high fiving in complete agreement on every single pick, on all 32 teams.   Every time. 

I mean, you want to find guys selling bologna.  Go listen to all 32 teams sell their fanbase on how awesome every single draft has gone. 

you keep going to the, well the Panthers said X.....so it totally has to be X.  I mean, they said it.  Everyone isn't going to buy that team narrative 100% like you do.  It's ok for some us not to. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol. 

Frank on Tepper and them going to get the #1

His analysis (Tepper) of those options, I thought, was spot on—kinda helped push us to the right decision to get up to No. 1 and to make that decision and to be in control.”

More Frank on Tepper in regards to the QB selection.

He’s (Tepper) intimately involved . This quarterback that we pick will be the face of our franchise. And so, obviously he has to be comfortable with that."

NFL insider Adam Schefter

“There’s a belief that David Tepper loves Bryce Young, [and] Frank Reich likes CJ Stroud,” 

NFL teams are mom and pop shops.  Tepper is a billionaire owner.  And AGAIN, he told you in his own words this type decision would be the type he would inject himself into.    He was specific about the type dealings where he thought he would need to be in and not in.  This was literally an example he used in terms of the type decisions he wouldn't stay out of. 

Schefter's rumor was based on the narrative that Reich wouldn't take a talk short quarterback. It was proven wrong, especially if you look at the respective timelines.

Also, here's some of the parts you skipped...

Panthers general manager Scott Fitterer, head coach Frank Reich, and owner David Tepper talked about the process that led to Bryce Young, when they said they went in with an open mind, that's the truth.

Tepper was watching Reich when Young was breaking down his process of identifying opponent tendencies.

"Just the reaction around the table," Tepper recalled. "Frank's eyes go wide; it's like holy s---."

If they had conviction before that dinner, it might have been cemented that night.

A whole long description of the process, none of which describes David Tepper as making the decision, only being asked if he was "comfortable with it".

There's also the bit about Nicole Tepper really hitting it off with CJ Stroud to the point of him calling her "Mama Tepp"

But hey... 😄

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, it's all picking and choosing.  Go listen to any NFL org the day after the draft.  They are doing PR.  That's why all 32 teams got the #1 guy on their board the entire draft.  They were just praying the 10 teams in front of them would be foolish enough to pass on. They weren't thinking of anyone else. And everyone is high fiving in complete agreement on every single pick, on all 32 teams.   Every time. 

I mean, you want to find guys selling bologna.  Go listen to all 32 teams sell their fanbase on how awesome every single draft has gone. 

Ah yes, the ever present "if it doesn't fit my narrative it must be fake" defense 😄

Quick Hint: We actually did get the number one guy on our board, no PR necessary.

Look dude, I get that you like to defend stupid takes, and I'm indulging you on that here, but there comes a point where you start to sound like you're believing your own bullsh-t. And that's when you actually start to look dumb.

FYI: You're past that point now.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Schefter's rumor was based on the narrative that Reich wouldn't take a talk short quarterback. It was proven wrong, especially if you look at the respective timelines.

Also, here's some of the parts you skipped...

Panthers general manager Scott Fitterer, head coach Frank Reich, and owner David Tepper talked about the process that led to Bryce Young, when they said they went in with an open mind, that's the truth.

Tepper was watching Reich when Young was breaking down his process of identifying opponent tendencies.

"Just the reaction around the table," Tepper recalled. "Frank's eyes go wide; it's like holy s---."

If they had conviction before that dinner, it might have been cemented that night.

A whole long description of the process, none of which describes David Tepper as making the decision, only being asked if he was "comfortable with it".

There's also the bit about Nicole Tepper really hitting it off with CJ Stroud to the point of him calling her "Mama Tepp"

But hey... 😄

I didn't skip over that part.  You skipped to after the draft.  When they were then in sell our decision to the fanbase mode.  Which you keep acting like is the ultimate truth that everyone just has to believe.  But those sales jobs are always the same.  Doesn't matter the team. 

18 hours ago, csx said:

Really should have drafted Howell. He was there for the taking and we would still have all those picks and Moore.

I hope Howell works out for Washington. Sam Howell was pick #144 in the 5th round of the 2022 draft. Yes, the Panthers passed on him, but so did other teams, multiple times. After Michael Trubisky was the 2nd pick of the Bears in 2017 most teams may have backed away from Anyone from Carolina, who knows. What is a fact is that in his last season at Carolina his production dropped. His 2 running backs and 2 receivers he depended on moved on. This hurt him without a doubt. 

To be fair, if Sam Howell turns into an all pro it will not be on Fitterer, but Fitterer and 31 other General Managers. It is still mighty early to come to any conclusions about the success of these young quarterbacks.