• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker

RumHam

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Your timeline is way off, dude. Gettleman was fired in 2017. Newton was still around until Rhule was hired.

No real guarantee of that given Newton's playing style.

Nor does it really matter anymore. And no, it doesn't mean anybody "deserves" to suffer for it.

This is football, not justice.

Nah, timeline isn't off, Scot.  I'm saying Cam's career went downhill after that first shoulder injury.  That's undisputed.  And the pieces involved in that injury were all Gettleman constructed...  and not just the shoulder injury, buy the beating he took cumulatively before that played a role in how quickly he disintegrated.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Nah, timeline isn't off, Scot.  I'm saying Cam's career went downhill after that first shoulder injury.  That's undisputed.  And the pieces involved in that injury were all Gettleman constructed...  and not just the shoulder injury, buy the beating he took cumulatively before that played a role in how quickly he disintegrated.

Yeah, that's a pretty big reach.

The best O-Line we had was in 2015. And putting the blame for all of Cam's issues on Benjamin is a silly argument that we've discussed many a time.

If you want to fix blame on somebody for Newton's issues, Ron Rivera makes a lot more sense. But realistically, it's not all on any one person. Nor is Newton himself completely blameless.

That may not be what the "feels" tell you, but letting your emotions rule your logic isn't a good practice anyway.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You referring to us or the Packers? 🤔

They lost by a point and their QB put up 3 passing touchdowns. They are just as if not more competitive without Rodgers. If we lay an egg Monday night we might as well be in a different league even from the Packers.

Edited by frankw

1 minute ago, frankw said:

They lost by a point and their QB put up 3 passing touchdowns. They are just as if not more competitive without Rodgers. If we lay an egg Monday night we might as well be in a different league even from the Packers.

The Packers were almost a playoff team last year, and had been for several seasons before that. We're already in a different league from the Packers.

As to tomorrow night, neither a wind nor will us is going to say anything definitive about what kind of team we are, regardless of people's confirmation bias.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Packers were almost a playoff team last year, and had been for several seasons before that. We're already in a different league from the Packers.

As to tomorrow night, neither a wind nor will us is going to say anything definitive about what kind of team we are, regardless of people's confirmation bias.

Our Panthers could only wish to have a head coach like LaFleur. Trade away both your hall of fame QB and one of the league's most electric wide receivers and still be competitive in close games? I've seen so much nonsense as a Panthers fan I can't even imagine what that feels like. But our head coaching vacancy came down between two previously fired head coaches. It was always going to be this way.

Just now, frankw said:

Our Panthers could only wish to have a head coach like LaFleur. Trade away both your hall of fame QB and one of the league's most electric wide receivers and still be competitive in close games? I've seen so much nonsense as a Panthers fan I can't even imagine what that feels like. But our head coaching vacancy came down between two previously fired head coaches. It was always going to be this way.

We're just two games into LaFleur without Aaron Rodgers too.