• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chark’s playing tonight

JawnyBlaze

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I mean call it what you will but anyone who has played a sport, even at the HS level, can understand that a competitor would rather be playing than sitting out.

Everybody I knew who was a decent athlete growing up, myself included, would play thru pain and injuries as much as humanly possible.  None of those guys are ever 100% healthy and without pain.  It sucks but thats how it is.  I guess it goes back to the whole "are you hurt, or are you injured."

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

Everybody I knew who was a decent athlete growing up, myself included, would play thru pain and injuries as much as humanly possible.  None of those guys are ever 100% healthy and without pain.  It sucks but thats how it is.  I guess it goes back to the whole "are you hurt, or are you injured."

If he tears that hamstring the season is over for him. It’s not exactly an injury that is static. A hamstring injury can and will get worse if it’s not nursed properly.

Just look at Darren Waller, a hamstring injury nearly destroyed his career and he’s still having issues, albeit it has more to do with a nerve rather than the actual muscle.

We aren’t talking about a broken finger here.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Have a feeling he and Bryce are gonna go off tonight to the tune of 130+ yards and over 20 yards per reception

Lets go!  Tired of all the damn doom and gloom around here after 1 fuging week of football.  We absolutely can win this game tonight.  The Saints are not some unbeatable juggernaut.  I think itll be a good, close fought game and we win.

• Pie 4

22 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Can you guys just take a breath and not turn at least 1 thread into something negative?  This is just getting to be too much.  It is hard to wrap my head around how people who are "fans" of a team hate it so much after 1 frigging game.

Will Chark finish this game healthy?  I do not  know, but then I do not know that about any player.  I am just happy that he will be on the field...it is something positive and hopeful. I will be in that space today.  Some of you should try it....just start with a few minutes.

Preach.  Glass is permanently half empty here. 

My counter - Chark gets loose on at least one pass that goes for 40+

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

11 minutes ago, joemac said:

My best friend growing up was also a football teammate up through middle school.

As I recall, he'd had arthroscopic surgery on both knees by the time he was in the eighth grade.

He didn't play high school ball because he just couldn't anymore.

23 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Can you guys just take a breath and not turn at least 1 thread into something negative?  This is just getting to be too much.  It is hard to wrap my head around how people who are "fans" of a team hate it so much after 1 frigging game.

Will Chark finish this game healthy?  I do not  know, but then I do not know that about any player.  I am just happy that he will be on the field...it is something positive and hopeful. I will be in that space today.  Some of you should try it....just start with a few minutes.

Give it to 'em LP.  I agree 100%.  WE have a building team for the long run.  

• Pie 4

43 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

There is no "long term" with DJ Chark. You play him full throttle on the off chance he's actually healthy, because those times are few and far between.

I meant long term for the season, not years down the road. I’d rather he miss the first two or three games and then be good for the rest of the year than miss the first and then go on season ending IR after game five or something. 

33 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I appreciate your posts. This will help people even if they don’t speak up. Thank you. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My best friend growing up was also a football teammate up through middle school.

As I recall, he'd had arthroscopic surgery on both knees by the time he was in the eighth grade.

He didn't play high school ball because he just couldn't anymore.

I mean yeah.  Sports are hell on your body.  I was a pitcher from middle school all the way thru D-1 in college and ended up with a torn labrum, tommy john surgery and a spinal fusion lol. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean yeah.  Sports are hell on your body.  I was a pitcher from middle school all the way thru D-1 in college and ended up with a torn labrum, tommy john surgery and a spinal fusion lol. 

Yep. Did my fair share of damage to myself over the years.

I know a while back we had a thread where we talked about old sports injuries. Seems like a load of us were walking wounded 😆