• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Saints at Panthers MNF thread

Zod

2 hours ago, frankw said:

When I look at how hard some folks are coping with what happened last night I'm reminded this same lot was once Matt Rhule believers and also thought we could salvage Sam Darnold.

Trading a high 2nd round pick plus change for a known bust was his biggest mistake cause he was a starter for most of his 3 years as a pro and admitted to seeing ghost. I was shocked when the trade went down. Would have been much better recently to trade a 4th round pick for Trey who was still an unknown with raw talent that just needed playing experience to determine if he is a bust or not.

• Beer 1

We honestly to do a better job of getting everyone involved on offense. I don't care who gets us going. 

But yes, given our struggles throwing beyond the LOS, our most dangerous guy with the ball in his hands would be a good person to focus on. I don't know why you're running screens to Thielen when you have a guy like Shenault.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was a gift of a call that I'd be pissed about if the tables were turned. That ball wasn't catchable.

Good things happen when you throw it deep.  Chark was definitely unable to complete his route due to the Saints CB grabbing him and directing him out of bounds way past 5 yards deep.  Chark sold it well too.  It probably wasn't catchable, but he wasn't able to jump and make an attempt to see if it was.  

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We honestly to do a better job of getting everyone involved on offense. I don't care who gets us going. 

But yes, given our struggles throwing beyond the LOS, our most dangerous guy with the ball in his hands would be a good person to focus on. I don't know why you're running screens to Thielen when you have a guy like Shenault.

The screen pass to Thielen needs to be completely removed from our offense.  Sprinkle some of that to Shenault  like you are saying and I'm good with it.   Forcing Sanders up the middle into the strength of their defense with 2 backup OGs wasn't a very good call either.   I feel like those 2 plays were 50% of our offensive calls.  

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Well..

And heading into this season Reich was one of the leading coaches who used the QB sneak almost to a fault on his part. Either he is a complete idiot or he didn't have full say on the pick. The more we dig into this season the more I get the sense all this stuff about our all star coaching staff and front office making the pick as a collaborative effort was smoke and mirrors. It really does look like Mr. and Mrs. Tepper made the call.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, frankw said:

And heading into this season Reich was one of the leading coaches who used the QB sneak almost to a fault on his part. Either he is a complete idiot or he didn't have full say on the pick. The more we dig into this season the more I get the sense all this stuff about our all star coaching staff and front office making the pick as a collaborative effort was smoke and mirrors. It really does look like Mr. and Mrs. Tepper made the call.

I honestly have no idea. Either way, you have to sell it as a consensus decision. Kinda like how every draft pick was the "best player on our board". I mean, you can't exactly admit that "Look at our roster guys! Cmon! We were desperate so we made a huge reach and we're praying it'll pay off despite the long history of huge reaches saying it almost certainly won't." That was the DJ Johnson pick.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, frankw said:

Remember Tepper said in the press conference he already talked to the bryce during the college season and told him panthers needed a qb like him. He also said he was the one who pushed for the trade to number 1 as fitt was comfortable waiting for a phone call to move up to 3. Tepper tells on himself.

• Beer 1