• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the game being broadcast on a local Charlotte channel?

Zod

1 minute ago, PantherRN said:

It’s on WAXN 64 in the Charlotte area tonight. You should be able to get it over the air with an HD antenna. 

I just find it amazing amusing this peeing match between spectrum and Disney has brought back antenna TV. I can’t remember which basketball team but one of them is literally giving away HD antenna to anyone who asks so when the season starts up fans can watch. Tepper should take a hint. 

5 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

You can keep it for a few days....maybe even 2 weeks depending on the service.

I'll forget. Whenever I do a trial I cancel right away. You still get the seven days or whatever, but if I don't do it right away I'll forget 

39 minutes ago, Zod said:

On my TV it shows the browns game being played on our abc affiliate? I don't have ESPN. 

To answer your thread title question:  yes it is.

ESPN games will ALWAYS be aired on a local broadcast partner in the local participating team's market. If ABC isn't available for whatever reason, than a different station will be utilized.  In this case, WAXN is owned by WSOC, so it's natural for that station to be the partner

If the station is not available on the pay-tv service of your choice, then it's still available - for free - via an antenna

WAXN is considered a "strong" signal by the FCC

image.png.2e804b283dd00492c19dcd87e3852f45.png