• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They Took him Out Twice…

L-TownCat

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Which QB did you want? I thought CJ arm looked very strong, but it's water under the bridge at this point.

CJ - I felt he had all the tools and was so impressed vs Georgia.  Plus, I wanted him because I felt he had a high ceiling but also was generally the guy that was the most likely to have a good career. Both AR and BY were huge risks in completely opposite ways. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

It didn't look to me the CJ and BY had similar arm strength at all, but I'd have to go back and look at what the top scouts had to say.

CJ was definitely above BY, but I read it as CJ being "strong to above average for the NFL", but with incredible accuracy / feel for timing, and not the greatest on the move, and BY being "average for the nfl" but with elasticity to have the same velocity throwing from various angles, off balance, when scrambling, etc. Like top end was below CJs, but not by as much as it definitely seems to be so far...

Edited by mav1234

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

CJ was definitely above BY, but I read it as CJ being "strong to above average for the NFL", but with incredible accuracy / feel for timing, and not the greatest on the move, and BY being "average for the nfl" but with elasticity to have the same velocity throwing from various angles, off balance, when scrambling, etc. Like top end was below CJs, but not by as much as it definitely seems to be so far...

I liked the way CJ could drop the ball in the bucket with nice accurate high arching passes. Young looked like Teddy push passing the ball deep with not much accuracy. More of a game manager.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Just now, pantherj said:

I like the way CJ could drop the ball in the bucket with nice accurate high arching pass. Young looked like Teddy push passing the ball deep with not much accuracy. More of a game manager.

For sure on CJ. He was my preference.  But I got on board with BY in the week kr so before the draft... In college, BY moved around more and was more of a playmaker, it seemed, than a game manager.  And it's not like dudes weren't tell at Alabama or in the SEC... but the arm strength was way more a liability than I expected expected 

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

For sure on CJ. He was my preference.  But I got on board with BY in the week kr so before the draft... In college, BY moved around more and was more of a playmaker, it seemed, than a game manager.  And it's not like dudes weren't tell at Alabama or in the SEC... but the arm strength was way more a liability than I expected expected 

I liked the way he read the field and understood the opposing defense, and he's doing that now as well. The problem is that he needs to make a few deep passes, and he's missing on those. He makes a couple deep passes in this game and we win, and we're 2-0 if he came out of the gate doing that. He misses or doesn't see his deep opportunities. We need the deep ball badly.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I liked the way he read the field and understood the opposing defense, and he's doing that now as well. The problem is that he needs to make a few deep passes, and he's missing on those. He makes a couple deep passes in this game and we win, and we're 2-0 if he came out of the gate doing that. He misses or doesn't see his deep opportunities. We need the deep ball badly.

I do think he could still turn it around, so I'm hoping he can start hitting the deep balls. I'd rather lose because he threw a couple INTs but also connected deep than have a day like today where the game just drags out and he plays so cautiously...

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I do think he could still turn it around, so I'm hoping he can start hitting the deep balls. I'd rather lose because he threw a couple INTs but also connected deep than have a day like today where the game just drags out and he plays so cautiously...

He's got to put arch on the ball and let it come down to the receiver. i actually wouldn't mind if they focused mostly on deep passing with him, he seems to understand the rest.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, KSpan said:

You seem to be completely ignoring the brand new staff, new schemes, entirely new skill position starters, and things of that nature in an attempt to be snarky/edgy but those things factor in too. If other teams have those things too then it's possible either Carolina's staff sucks, the rookies suck, or some combination thereof.

Either way, your comment shines light on problems in Carolina, not with such posters.

Here’s one. Where are the others. 

• Flames 1

I don't think it's dumb at all, look at the team that beat us tonight. Did Derrick Carr run any QB sneaks? No, they put Taysom Hill in there and ran for multiple first downs despite the entire stadium knowing he wasn't throwing the ball.

The real question is why we don't have someone like Hill to sub in on 3rd or 4th and 1