• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Mortem: Game 2

Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Casillas did that for week one. Not sure if he's able to do it this week or not because he has some...things coming up.

I just don't get why we aren't running wide-zone concepts, sails, stretching things out and then countering to open the middle of the field.  They also aren't setting anything up in the flat appropriately for quick easy yards.  And not doing this when we have Brown & McNown in house when it's supposedly a collaboration. 

McVay is still slapping at 100 mph, Canales is doing it quite well in TB, Waldron in SEA, Shanahan in SF...it's the modern NFL and we still aren't doing it.  

They hyped us up about a big collaborative offense taking from all the successful modern ones, but it looks like the bad Reich in Indy.  There's more draws than we've seen before in some time and what seems just like a dated scheme with some dated pistol wrinkles.  

Not enjoyable football.

• Pie 1

CJ Stroud just put up 384 and two touchdowns against a divisional opponent with just as much to work with on offense as Bryce.

There really isn’t any other way to spin it. Young has had probably the worst statistical first two games for a number one overall QB in at least 20 years.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, davos said:

I just don't get why we aren't running wide-zone concepts, sails, stretching things out and then countering to open the middle of the field.  They also aren't setting anything up in the flat appropriately for quick easy yards.  And not doing this when we have Brown & McNown in house when it's supposedly a collaboration. 

McVay is still slapping at 100 mph, Canales is doing it quite well in TB, Waldron in SEA, Shanahan in SF...it's the modern NFL and we still aren't doing it.  

They hyped us up about a big collaborative offense taking from all the successful modern ones, but it looks like the bad Reich in Indy.  There's more draws than we've seen before in some time and what seems just like a dated scheme with some dated pistol wrinkles.  

Not enjoyable football.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's as much or more about Young learning then it is about winning.

I'm okay with that. I know some of our more emotional crowd will be, but hey...

5 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Let's be honest, would anyone hate firing Frank and hiring ya boy?

giphy (1).gif

He'll never coach in the NFL

His style and how he is able to motivate players would never work in this league, it works with kids in college, and there is nothing wrong with that.

He's unique and he's going to end up being an elite college coach for as long as he wants to do it.

Just now, Eazy-E said:

CJ Stroud just put up 384 and two touchdowns against a divisional opponent with just as much to work with on offense as Bryce.

There really isn’t any other way to spin it. Young has had probably the worst statistical first two games for a number one overall QB in at least 20 years.

Stroud has skill players but a subpar line.

Bryce has a solid line but not much in the way of skill players.

At this point, I'd rather he be protected. We can get better skill players next year.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

His style and how he is able to motivate players would never work in this league, it works with kids in college, and there is nothing wrong with that.

He's unique and he's going to end up being an elite college coach for as long as he wants to do it.

At least Deion recognizes where his place is. He could be an all time great college head coach. Matt Rhule didn’t understand that. 

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I disagree.  He would definitely need coordinators with a ton of nfl experience but I think he would do well in the NFL as well. The games would be exciting at least. I don't feel like I've had fun watching panthers football since 2017

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

At this point, I'd rather he be protected. We can get better skill players next year.

Who are these skill players you speak of who are so much better then the Panthers?

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Let's be honest, would anyone hate firing Frank and hiring ya boy

I'm gonna guess you're joking, given that firing a coach two games into his stint would make us look like the most ignorant franchise in the league.

Good luck hiring anybody after you pull a dumbass stunt like that.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who is going to bring them in and with what money if burns and brown are going to eat up 50 mil?

• Pie 1