• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have a wide receiver problem

Verge

Are we sure it even matters who the WR’s are as long as Bryce Young is the QB because I’m not sure it does .. a true blue #1 WR here w/ Bryce is probably pouting on the sidelines yelling at Bryce because he was open but Bryce couldn't get him the ball

10 hours ago, CRA said:

Theilen is the only legit route runner and he is slow.  He should be #3 on a good roster.  Our Ricky Prohel. 

Mingo, TMJ, Shenault are just potential.  Chark is a niche fast guy. Relying on that was just poor management going into a season. 

I think the post season review is going to reveal that Scott Fitterer is on the hot seat with the overwhelming majority of the fanbase. 

That's my prediction.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Are our wide receivers doing a good job, no. Is the coaching staff scheming them open, also no.

There’s a reason Puka Nacua has stepped in to the role of Cooper Kupp and is performing at the same level Kupp does… it’s because McVay can get guys open. Up to this point, Reich has not shown the ability to scheme our guys open.

Additionally, this isn’t new for a Reich coached team. The Colts were having the same problems in preseason last year that we did this year.

https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/colts/colts-notebook-wide-receivers-struggle-to-get-separation-in-2022-debut/article_ef417846-1c23-11ed-91e3-7bc2d589354e.html

His playbook sucks. His play calling sucks. No nice way to say it

• Pie 3

19 hours ago, Mage said:

He really can't.  There is a reason Minnesota chose to move on from him.  He's not getting separation like he was 3 years ago.

Thielen would be decent as a #2, but we need one of Chark, Marshall, or Mingo to step up.  It really needs to be Chark, too soon to ask that out of Mingo.

And we know it’s not going to be Marshall. 

Well Andy Dalton is past his prime by 5 years but what if he comes out and the results are vastly different?

he has been around several types of systems 

It should be an interesting post Sunday conversation is it qb, oline, play calling or receivers.

I suspect the end result will be the same…just the piece parts might come more into focus