• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young performance graph #2

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Cam didn't usually avoid; he ran over people.  That might be why he didn't last as long as those that learned to just get rid of it.  

That's not just Newton. A lot of big quarterbacks aren't afraid of contact.

But it's also valid their careers might last a little longer if they were just a little afraid.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again, two games...but that brings up a point.

Some have suggested that the staff might have some training wheels on Young. Because of this, they've complained that he needs to be free to throw it around as much as he wants, even if it means throwing interceptions.

I disagree.

If there's one thing I've seen in a load of quarterbacks, it's that bad habits which get built early on don't go away. They especially have a very unfortunate tendency to show up in later games when said quarterback is under duress.

So if they think limiting him or holding him back can serve as a way to keep from those bad habits ever showing up in the first place, I'm all for it.

I just wish I could see some semblance of downfield accuracy. 

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

please explain the one handed sack then

That’s getting overhyped on here. I’ve seen him duck out if many tackles, he simply lost his balance from the DL yanking the back of his jersey and stumbled over himself trying to over correct it. I mean he is clearly no Cam or Allen but he doesn’t have trouble escaping pressure. Plenty of things to critique but that really isn’t one IMO.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

I hated the trade no matter who was picked. And I got LIT. UP. over it in here, by many of the people who *now *hate it.

But Bryce is here, he's an insanely likable dude and he played better than I expected on Monday. I was expecting several picks (and the "well he almost got picked" crowd is telling on themselves) and a 30-6 beatdown. I like some of the throws he's made, I really like his awareness and I think he needs to run more and learn how to slide. I'd like to see some deep completions as well, but I also see his targets and realize that coupling their inability to get separation with his downfield struggles and just God-awful route concepts, that those things aren't realistic. Plus, Reich likes his short throws.

Well first, I can guarantee I'm not one of those people who only now hate the trade, I'm not going to bother trying to search for old posts of mine, but I guarantee you won't find a single post I ever made about being happy with it, I despised it from day 1.

I can only think of one throw off the top of my head of his that really impressed me, it was the one this week where he was rolling out to his left near our own end zone and then quickly flipped his hips open to throw around the defender to the open WR, it was a really nice throw on the move and it stood out right away.

I don't hate the kid or think he's a garbage player, I just never saw him as a high level NFL QB with today's game and where it's continuing to move towards.  Everything keeps getting bigger, faster, stronger, which in itself does allow for more QB's like Bryce to come into the league, smaller mobile QB's who can make things happen outside the pocket.  My issue with him has always been his size/strength as the smaller QB's who have been successful in this league are just built entirely different than Young.  Guys like Brees, Wilson, Kyler, Hurts, etc, are all thick, stocky, strong, well built players, particularly their lower body, while Bryce just isn't built that way, he's just small.

But all of that is why I hated the trade so much then and am just angrier now after my pre-draft Bryce concerns are showing, because I always felt the cost vs risk was so horrible and now that risk is looking even riskier.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

That’s getting overhyped on here. I’ve seen him duck out if many tackles, he simply lost his balance from the DL yanking the back of his jersey and stumbled over himself trying to over correct it. I mean he is clearly no Cam or Allen but he doesn’t have trouble escaping pressure. Plenty of things to critique but that really isn’t one IMO.

He’s got film doing it before at Bama but none of that counts apparently.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Well first, I can guarantee I'm not one of those people who only now hate the trade, I'm not going to bother trying to search for old posts of mine, but I guarantee you won't find a single post I ever made about being happy with it, I despised it from day 1.

I can only think of one throw off the top of my head of his that really impressed me, it was the one this week where he was rolling out to his left near our own end zone and then quickly flipped his hips open to throw around the defender to the open WR, it was a really nice throw on the move and it stood out right away.

I'd like to add the third-down throw over the middle to Mingo that bounced off his hands, the out to Thielen, the deep throw to Mingo as well. There's some good and some bad. Anyone who only sees one or the other has a confirmation bias. But when you lose, everyone jumps on the QB.

• Pie 2