• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young performance graph #2

Mr. Scot

I just want somebody to explain to me why Bryce is struggling so much where CJ Stroud is doing great? 

CJ has a second year running back, his entire offensive line is hurt, a defensive minded head coach, the run game is averaging 2.5 yards a carry, his top 3 receivers are a third year player who got 400 yards last year, 67 year old Robert Woods who got 500 yards last year, and a 165 pound rookie named Tank Dell drafted in the third round. All three are over 100 yards now. 12 different players have caught a pass in two games and 7 of them are averaging 10+ yards a catch. 

We have two guys with 9+ yards per catch, we have a second round rookie wr who is physically more imposing than Dell, we have our own old guy in Adam T and we average 5.0 yards per carry… Nobody was supposed to be more pro ready than Bryce. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

I just want somebody to explain to me why Bryce is struggling so much where CJ Stroud is doing great? 

CJ has a second year running back, his entire offensive line is hurt, a defensive minded head coach, the run game is averaging 2.5 yards a carry, his top 3 receivers are a third year player who got 400 yards last year, 67 year old Robert Woods who got 500 yards last year, and a 165 pound rookie named Tank Dell drafted in the third round. All three are over 100 yards now. 12 different players have caught a pass in two games and 7 of them are averaging 10+ yards a catch. 

We have two guys with 9+ yards per catch, we have a second round rookie wr who is physically more imposing than Dell, we have our own old guy in Adam T and we average 5.0 yards per carry… Nobody was supposed to be more pro ready than Bryce. 

This is a question for week 15 not 2

CJ had a tough test vs the ravens but their pass defense has been their Achilles heel and let’s not pretend the colts are world beaters back there.

Are we gonna act like the saints aren’t a good defense and falcons semi good with AJ Terrell and Bates now?

Edited by Panthercougar68

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

This is a question for week 15 not 2

CJ had a tough test vs the ravens but they pass defense has been their Achilles heel and let’s not pretend the colts are world betters back there.

Are we gonna act like the saints aren’t a good defense and falcons semi good with AJ Terrell and Bates now?

Who did the Saints have in week 1? Tannehill? And the Falcons gave up 3 touchdown passes this week to Jordan Love. The other opponent for both of them is…. Us.. so some of their stats may be a bit inflated because of how bad we performed. 

Atlanta gave up the 8th most passing yards per game last year. 

Edited by Varking
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

And he went into halftime down 28-10.

The Colts played prevent defense and their backup quarterback pretty much the entire second half.

• Pie 2

Just now, Varking said:

Who did the Saints have in week 1? Tannehill? And the Falcons gave up 3 touchdown passes this week to Jordan Love. The other opponent for both of them is…. Us.. so some of their stats may be a bit inflated because of how bad we performed. 

The titans are far from a passing team and run the ball. Falcons won their game no? Plus Jordan has been in his system for how many years? CJ was able to get a number of his yards last week in garbage time and people hate that word but his numbers from the 2nd half went up when the colts stopped caring.

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The titans are far from a passing team and run the ball. Falcons won their game no? Plus Jordan has been in his system for how many years? CJ was able to get a number of his yards last week in garbage time and people hate that word but his numbers from the 2nd half went up when the colts stopped caring.

And Bryce gets worse as the game goes on. We have a better running back, better TE, similar receivers and we have a significantly healthier offensive line… CJ hasn’t looked BAD in any period of football. He’s not hurt his team. 

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

CJ hasn’t looked BAD in any period of football. He’s not hurt his team. 

Stroud's sack/fumble set up Richardson's running touchdown that put the Colts up 14-0.

How do you think the Panther fans currently roasting Young would characterize that play if it had been him?

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Stroud's sack/fumble set up Richardson's running touchdown that put the Colts up 14-0.

How forgiving do you think the Panther fans currently roasting Young would be if that had been him?

I mean I haven’t brought up once Bryce’s strip sack he just had either. I can forgive strip sacks. 

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

And Bryce gets worse as the game goes on. We have a better running back, better TE, similar receivers and we have a significantly healthier offensive line… CJ hasn’t looked BAD in any period of football. He’s not hurt his team. 

I’m not knocking CJ at all but to compare two weeks vs a whole season is a different story.

1 hour ago, Moonraker said:

I think the Saints and Falcons are a bit better than they got credit for going into the season. 

Anyone who thought we would actually compete this season was delusional. At best, we'd limp into the playoffs and be promptly obliterated. I'm reserving an absolute meltdown for after the next few games if we still can't get it moving.

That being said, a Nicolas Sparks book would have been more entertaining than our offense the last 2 games.

So you're calling our GM and HC delusional?

Fair enough, to be honest.

59 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The throw to Mingo toward the end of the game was perfect.  He threw it to a spot just before Mingo started his break and put it on the money at 20 plus yards in the air.  And Mingo ran a great route.

Young has a lot of work to do, but I disagree with those who say there are no positive signs. 

Shows how bad it has been I didn’t even remember that throw. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Summary: Despite getting pressured heavily, Young is still managing to make his reads 

or he is scared to throw to his first read.

or his first read is covered.

Loves job is easy based on the fact that he has a high number of drop backs that are unpressured, but he also throws it to his first read a lot.  Maybe this graph is telling us the key to not being pressured is throwing to your first read which makes it more of a WR/QB stat than an OL stat.

• Beer 1

Just now, Varking said:

I mean I haven’t brought up once Bryce’s strip sack he just had either. I can forgive strip sacks. 

You were talking as if Stroud looked like an all pro already. I'm putting it in context, adding in that were not putting Stroud under a microscope here.

FYI: He'll have a chance in a few weeks to face the Falcon and Texan defenses we've faced so far (as well as ours). It won't be a perfect comparison because all teams will be in different spots at that point, but it'll be interesting.