• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young performance graph #2

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the whole selling point on Bryce was how mentally ready he was and how smart he was and how he'd be outsmarting defenses left and right. Because his physical toolset was always marginal.

And I've seen no reason to believe that isn't still valid.

It never should have been translated into thinking that he'd play like a ten year veteran from his first snap though.

• Pie 1

Just now, hepcat said:

Keep this stat and let’s compare it to the stats after the season. Without improvement I will be concerned. Honestly they should be trying to trade for a WR.

They should be giving up future assets to fix a problem right now in a season that was always going to have a learning curve anyway?

You really think that makes sense? 🤔

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I just wish I could see some semblance of downfield accuracy. 

The throw to Mingo toward the end of the game was perfect.  He threw it to a spot just before Mingo started his break and put it on the money at 20 plus yards in the air.  And Mingo ran a great route.

Young has a lot of work to do, but I disagree with those who say there are no positive signs. 

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The throw to Mingo toward the end of the game was perfect.  He threw it to a spot just before Mingo started his break and put it on the money at 20 plus yards in the air.  And Mingo ran a great route.

Young has a lot of work to do, but I disagree with those who say there are no positi

Edited by mrcompletely11

13 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Bullshit, he’s escaped tackles with nfl level players in the sec. It’s not gospel but counts for something.

Yea... I hate this argument regardless of the player/position.

The "well they did this against NFL level players in the SEC" is the most flawed argument ever.

The SEC had 62 players drafted this year.  From that, 20 of them came from Alabama and Georgia (10 each) with another 12 coming from Florida and LSU (6 each), with Auburn, Tennessee, and South Carolina having 5 each.

I'm not going to go through each team and count out how many players were defensive, but obviously you can assume about half the players drafted were on offense, give or take.  Then consider that there are a few more players who aren't NFL draft eligible yet and are already that good, plus others who will be good enough in a few years but aren't there yet.

So realistically, outside of 2 or maybe a 3rd team in the SEC each season, most teams have either none or at most 1-3 NFL quality level players on their defense in a given season, and even then, it's what, maybe a 25% chance that they're even a player who would be a pass rusher?  (when talking about Bryce "escaping tackles from NFL level players in college")

Yes, the SEC is by far and away the best conference in college football and yes, it prepares you for the NFL better than others.  

But the "they did this against NFL level players in the SEC" is just a fallacy as they really aren't performing against NFL level players most of the time, just really good college players.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They should be giving up future assets to fix a problem right now in a season that was always going to have a learning curve anyway?

You really think that makes sense? 🤔

Well if Bryce is getting hurt because he has to hold the ball and take hits because no one is getting open then yea it makes sense