• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This doesn't help Brian Burns contract talks

CanadianCat

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Burns isn't even our best player.   Luvu is. 

That's not Burns hate.  He just isn't.  Burns is an elite pass rusher.  One of the best in the NFL at that.  But Bosa is more than that.  Which again, simply acknowledging that isn't talking down Burns. 

Luvu is not the best player.

He had a coming out party last year as full-time starter but Burns had been that man and still is.

Burns plays at a much premium position, premier Qb's, and premier pass rushers are always the first to go off draft boards.

Without Burns we don't have a pass rush of any significance and that makes life harder for Luvu, the secondary and everyone else. 

It's also funny how you want to use Bosa's previous stats to justify him being the better player, but want to discount this season's current stats. 

23 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Luvu is not the best player.

He had a coming out party last year as full-time starter but Burns had been that man and still is.

Burns plays at a much premium position, premier Qb's, and premier pass rushers are always the first to go off draft boards.

Without Burns we don't have a pass rush of any significance and that makes life harder for Luvu, the secondary and everyone else. 

It's also funny how you want to use Bosa's previous stats to justify him being the better player, but want to discount this season's current stats. 

Best overall defensive player

start of 2023 - Luvu

2022- Luvu

2021 - Reddick 

2 free agent pickups. 

I mean, you are literally just argued that a sack on a 2pt conversation doesn't matter if you can't point to it on a stat sheet.   Stats aren't the end all be all.   But Bosa and Burns' stats aren't close over the past several years. 

Burns is a great pass rusher.  Love to have him finish the bulks of his career here.  But no, I don't want to drastically overpay Burns.   

People keep trying to turn it into a fraudulent convo.  If you like Burns you should want to overpay him, if you don't want to overpay Burns you are hater.   That's silly.  Carolina has a long history of overpaying.  It becomes really problematic when you are talking about overpaying in the realm some are with Burns.  If it comes down to Bosa-ish money?  Yeah, I'd rather trade Burns.  And that has little to do with Burns.  

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Best overall defensive player

start of 2023 - Luvu

2022- Luvu

2021 - Reddick 

2 free agent pickups. 

I mean, you are literally just argued that a sack on a 2pt conversation doesn't matter if you can't point to it on a stat sheet.   Stats aren't the end all be all.   But Bosa and Burns' stats aren't close over the past several years. 

Burns is a great pass rusher.  Love to have him finish the bulks of his career here.  But no, I don't want to drastically overpay Burns.   

People keep trying to turn it into a fraudulent convo.  If you like Burns you should want to overpay him, if you don't want to overpay Burns you are hater.   That's silly.  Carolina has a long history of overpaying.  It becomes really problematic when you are talking about overpaying in the realm some are with Burns.  If it comes down to Bosa-ish money?  Yeah, I'd rather trade Burns.  And that has little to do with Burns.  

How do you define overpaying Burns?

The market is the market, you don't think there are some teams out there that would pay Burns? Probably have alot better record than the Panthers too for the same reasons. 

Overpaying someone is when you sign them for alot more money than any other team would ie: Marty Hurney extending Jake Delhomme after that playoff debacle.

1 minute ago, Pantherxtreme said:

How do you define overpaying Burns?

The market is the market, you don't think there are some teams out there that would pay Burns? Probably have alot better record than the Panthers too for the same reasons. 

Overpaying someone is when you sign them for alot more money than any other team would ie: Marty Hurney extending Jake Delhomme after that playoff debacle.

How do I define overpaying Burns? By talking about Bosa in the same conversation.   

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

trade him then. he didn't show up monday night, never does when it matters. good dude, let him go win a ring somewhere. tepper doesn't deserve poo but a kick in the ass.

He did force that INT. I can't believe all the anti-Burns talk after 2 games. BTW, I wouldn't trade Burns for anything less than Patrick Sertain. 

1 hour ago, Pantherxtreme said:

At the start of 2023 season they are in the same conversation we will see how the rest of the season goes. 

They've never been in the same conversation. Ask 32 GMs and I guarantee you for the same money it would be Bosa all day long in under a second. They're not in the same category and never have been. 

21 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

They've never been in the same conversation. Ask 32 GMs and I guarantee you for the same money it would be Bosa all day long in under a second. They're not in the same category and never have been. 

Where has it been reported that Burns is asking for 34 million a year since you guys keep bringing up Bosa?

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Burns isn't even our best player.   Luvu is. 

That's not Burns hate.  He just isn't.  Burns is an elite pass rusher.  One of the best in the NFL at that.  But Bosa is more than that.  Which again, simply acknowledging that isn't talking down Burns. 

That's cool, but Burns is not the problem with this team right now.

Hell the defense has looked decent imo.

It's the HC and the offense who needs to be discussed. We look like flat out poop. The only hire that has looked somewhat decent has been Evero.

• Pie 2