• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Passing Chart against NO

Cdparr7

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Both. Young looks like a washed Ryan and Frank is a dud all around. His days as a QB guru in Philly look like where he peaked in his career.

More of the same from Dalton is what I am expecting. I do expect a shot or 2 deep that Young couldn't or wouldn't take, even if his arm is limited at this point on his career. Young has completed what 1 pass over 20 yards? Like the guys said 'walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...'.

maybe the QB guru in Philly was Doug Pederson, the dude calling the plays and setting up the QB for success.  Same play caller who just took the worst team in the NFL.....to the playoffs in his first season after taking over.   

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

maybe the QB guru in Philly was Doug Pederson, the dude calling the plays and setting up the QB for success.  Same play caller who just took the worst team in the NFL.....to the playoffs in his first season after taking over.   

100%. Reich already proved he was a dud in Indy. The hype build up for him was not deserved in any way.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

100%. Reich already proved he was a dud in Indy. The hype build up for him was not deserved in any way.

as is normal in the Tepper window, Rhule should of never sniffed a year 3.  Just another mistake in the countless sea of them in the Tepper era.  Pederson would have been a great hire if you wanted to go the retread route. 

• Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

as is normal in the Tepper window, Rhule should of never sniffed a year 3.  Just another mistake in the countless sea of them in the Tepper era.  Pederson would have been a great hire if you wanted to go the retread route. 

It was always the most likely outcome given the Rhule debocle, a 180 to a washed up retred that sold him on a future that wouldn't be delivered again.

Pederson messed up big time in Philly at the end. Good for him turning that around but it wasn't a guaranteed turnaround when Jax hired him.

Just now, Newtcase said:

This dumb poo again.  Below is Ryan Leaf's first season.  Does it have anything to do with how Bryce will turn out?  NO and neither do these ridiculous comparisons to anyone else.

image.png.ed676d61abc076f523da35f7fbec7fe6.png

Hey look Ryan won a game or three.  BTW I think youre helping making my point.

The point is that after two games you dont, you cant know poo.

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It was always the most likely outcome given the Rhule debocle, a 180 to a washed up retred that sold him on a future that wouldn't be delivered again.

Pederson messed up big time in Philly at the end. Good for him turning that around but it wasn't a guaranteed turnaround when Jax hired him.

yeah, I'm must talking about in the world of retreads though.  Which isn't the path I generally would argue for.  Unless the Steelers happened to fire Mike Tomlin or something like that.   Which would be a version of KC landing Andy Reid.  I can handle those retreads. 

I think in today's NFL.  You should try to go the route the Rams, Phins, 49ers etc went. Young offensive minds.   I like those gambles better than going after failed HCs.   Especially older ones. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

Hey look Ryan won a game or three.  BTW I think youre helping making my point.

The point is that after two games you dont, you cant know poo.

Then just make your point, two games is indicative of nothing.  Stop propping a valid point up with a pointless comparison.  

Just now, CRA said:

yeah, I'm must talking about in the world of retreads though.  Which isn't the path I generally would argue for.  Unless the Steelers happened to fire Mike Tomlin type or something.   Which would be a version of KC landing Andy Reid.  I can handle those retreads. 

I think in today's NFL.  You should try to go the route the Rams, Phins, 49ers etc went. Young offensive minds.   I like those gambles better than going after failed HCs.   Especially older ones. 

Raid did the overcoming himself and a long HC stint stagnation. That was impressive and best case scenario. Reich never had that upside. I'm with you on retreds. There are some situations where a retred has traction situationally but this was just more flailing by Tepper.

I wanted one of the 2 OCs. The one with the Lions still looks like the best catch out there.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, I'm must talking about in the world of retreads though.  Which isn't the path I generally would argue for.  Unless the Steelers happened to fire Mike Tomlin type or something.   Which would be a version of KC landing Andy Reid.  I can handle those retreads. 

I wanted McCarthy after Ron was let go and I still stand by that. We are going to be through 2 HCs before McCarthy is out of Dallas. 80% of retreads are that for a reason but 20% or so learn from mistakes or come out of a bad situation. (Belichick, Dungy, Pederson, Fox, Carroll, Reid) but most are garbage.

Edited by Cdparr7

12 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The tendency for knee jerk opposite reaction mistakes under Tepper is becoming an alarming trend. Teddy sucked. He was smart but physically limited. So we trade for Darnold who has all the physical tools you want but can't read a field. That ended predictably. Rhule sucked and he had virtually zero NFL experience with a staff that lacked NFL experience. We replace him with a retread.

It just feels like every mistake under Tepper leads to a reaction in the polar opposite direction. Well, that sucked so obviously the opposite extreme will yield guaranteed success, right?

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

49ers offense looks good because Kittle, Samuel, and McCaffery can all get separation against man coverage. Purdy just has to deliver the ball. I haven't seen one Panther yet get any separation from a DB unless it was a crossing route to Theilen. He is too old to be our WR1. Scheme and Playmaking sucks here in Carolina.