• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers expect Bryce Young to miss 1-2 games (Athletic)

Samppson

35 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Then the QB he went all in on was the issue. It’s not a win for him if Dalton looks much better. I don’t understand why people don’t see this?

We don't know what actually went on behind the scenes in settling on Bryce Young. If Reich went hard for him, then no it isn't. If Reich was more hesitant, then yeah it is.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We don't know what actually went on behind the scenes in settling on Bryce Young. If Reich went hard for him, then no it isn't. If Reich was more hesitant, then yeah it is.

Regardless he signed off on Young and is directly tied to the success of Young. Everything he has been saying is he was the guy all along and they are infatuated with him. If he is feeding us all BS and it’s really just what Fitt or Tepper wanted he won’t last here anyway. There really isn’t much to gain for Dalton looking much better. For the record I don’t think he will look that much better. To me it’s why Young is more that likely banged up/injured. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

yep, and it's always doubtful there is true consensus agreement on something like a #1 overall pick in most years.  Some people are going to have a bigger say in the end than others.  And then the job is to accept the direction and support it. And we rarely find out those realities until way down the road if they were to come out. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Regardless he signed off on Young and is directly tied to the success of Young. Everything he has been saying is he was the guy all along and they are infatuated with him. If he is feeding us all BS and it’s really just what Fitt or Tepper wanted he won’t last here anyway. There really isn’t much to gain for Dalton looking much better. For the record I don’t think he will look that much better. To me it’s why Young is more that likely banged up/injured. 

That's literally everyone's job in the end.   To sing that song.   I mean, someone could of hated a pick.   But after it's made, the job is to promote and support it. 

Just now, CRA said:

yep, and it's always doubtful there is true consensus agreement on something like a #1 overall pick in most years.  Some people are going to have a bigger say in the end than others.  And then the job is to accept the direction and support it. And we rarely find out those realities until way down the road if they were to come out. 

True. Just seems like quite a gamble to take Young at his unprecedented size. I mean did they ever consider if Stroud could eventually acquire the mental side of it like Bryce has? Young literally has to be damn near HOF worthy to make it worth it. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Injured or not I don't see a win for anyone.

And Reich absolutely loved Young. I don't see how that can be questioned. He didn't just support him, he raved passionately about him. The whole QB guru thing was always BS and he hit gold 1 time in Philly. Ron did it with 2 QBs, that make him a QB guru also?

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

That's literally everyone's job in the end.   To sing that song.   I mean, someone could have hated a pick.   But after it's made, the job is to promote and support it. 

Correct and if the pick fails HE fails. Reich is tied to Young. He was describing Young with the point guard comment from the beginning and mentioned size wasn’t as big of a concern. If he was truly AGAINST the pick he would be letting Brown handle the play calling as well. He wants Young running HIS offense because he wanted Young. 

• Beer 1

So let me try to understand again. Everything Reich has said about his ideal QB described Young. Young was also the top QB in this draft by a majority of analysts, BUT Reich really wanted another player and is now benching Young intentionally to show his good he (a seasoned HC with plenty of experience) is without Young????

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Correct and if the pick fails HE fails. Reich is tied to Young. He was describing Young with the point guard comment from the beginning and mentioned size wasn’t as big of a concern. If he was truly AGAINST the pick he would be letting Brown handle the play calling as well. He wants Young running HIS offense because he wanted Young. 

I don't see why if his preference was A and got B instead.....that somehow means Frank would suddenly not be Frank.   They couldn't pry the playcalling from him at Indy.  Whoever he got, he was going to be Frank.   And he was going to come into this thing calling plays.  Which I think he addressed before the draft if I am not mistaken. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't see why if his preference was A and got B instead.....that somehow means Frank would suddenly not be Frank.   They couldn't pry the playcalling from him at Indy.  Whoever he got, he was going to be Frank.   And he was going to come into this thing calling plays.  Which I think he addressed before the draft if I am not mistaken. 

Yeah and everything he indicated before the draft showed that Young was his choice.  Wait that doesn't count though because he was just doing what he was told??

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Who knows if he "signed off" on him or not? If he doesn't have roster control in his contract it ultimately doesn't matter. Hell, it wouldn't even matter then if Tepper wanted something else badly enough. After the fact, what is he to do if he maybe wasn't sold on Young. You gotta put up the front.

If this thing all blows up we may or may not ultimately get the truth of the matter. All I know right now is that it sure feels like anything football related under David Tepper turns into dog poo. As we continue to look like a floundering clown show he's rapidly becoming the only constant.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All I know right now is that it sure feels like anything football related under David Tepper turns into dog poo. As we continue to look like a floundering clown show he's rapidly becoming the only constant.

Facts. The only constant in all of our issues since he took over is David Tepper.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah and everything he indicated before the draft showed that Young was his choice.  Wait that doesn't count though because he was just doing what he was told??

all we got is the rumor mill.  It always suggested Frank likely preferred a Frank size QB.  Young was a Tepper guy.   No one knows though.  But everyone was going to shift language around the guy the team was going to end up picking.   There were 3 very different QBs.  Doubtful many had the same order of them in any organization in the NFL.  

But I don't buy this narrative Frank would have called plays for one and not the other.   They could not pry it from his old boring hands no matter how bad it got in Indy and he always said he would call plays here......very early on.  Way before it appeared they figured out who they wanted.  And it clearly seemed like they weren't positive who they wanted when they initially made the move up. 

• Pie 1