• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Root of all the offensive woes

NAS

We don't have the same guards as last season. Our starting LG and RG are injured. That matters. Why? Zavala is a rookie, and as such he has not had enough time in a NFL weight training program. His core strength has not been maxed out. Evidence: Zavala was manhandled badly by the Seattle DT. Further evidence: Zavala's core strength was not an issue against weaker d-linemen earlier in the season.

Sanders is not that good of a RB, and sometimes I think he's confused. You don't pay a RB big money when he got his yards with the previous team extremely easily. Well Fitt doesn't know what he's doing at all. He makes so many dumb decisions that I'm really at a loss for words. DO NOT give a big payday to a RB who had PREMIUM BLOCKING to rack up his stats. Fitt makes me ill and he always has and always will. I can't stand him. From Sam Darnold to all the other mistakes I can't take it anymore.

Booting Rhule has caused, in tandem with Fitt's endless list of mistakes, a Frankenstein's monster hybrid team full of either overpaid role players, or Rhule guys who don't fit Frank and Beans system. Even so, just by default when you have been drafting high for a long time you will have the talent to beat some bad teams usually. That means we'll likely get a few wins as the season painfully drags onward to a draft with no 1st round pick for us.

Edited by pantherj

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Scheme doesn't fit the players. Most of the oline is power football and the Pantherd aren't running power runs. They don't move well enough for Reich offense, especially the backups. 

This is what I've been thinking about since the game was over: what's the difference?

When Wilks was having success, it was because we were bullying people with a run game.  We have a great run blocking LT, Bozeman is better suited to pushing guys, and as we saw today - running the ball with power hides a lot of issues.  Reich's run game isn't that.  Too much RPO, not enough teeing off on a guy.

Frank needs to sit down, look at the film, and start to plan some power run game.  That will help the QB, the defense, and the fan base.  You can hang your hat on power running.  You can't on RPO unless you are flawless at running them.

11 hours ago, NAS said:

This team can’t run the ball

How did we go from putting up monster numbers with virtually the same offensive line and assistant coach. Is there something wrong with the scheme or is it the players not getting the push they need?

No QB can compete in the NFL if you’re forced to be one dimensional.

If Wilks was Head Coach I  promise we would be running the ball and running it well. We wouldn't have overpaid Miles Sanders by about $22 million. 

14 rushing attempts to 58 passing attempts isn't "we can't run the ball". It's a failure of the coaching staff. If you flip those numbers, you're sure that you've won the game. 35 rushing attempts should be the target each week.

And if you want to know why it's failing its because running out of the shotgun is a losing endeavor in the NFL.