• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Average time to throw (Spoiler alert: Bryce is 2nd to last)

LinvilleGorge

6 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

It's just obvious we blew the pick... I think the top argument for Bryce was that he was NFL ready day one and an elite processor because of some dumb test he has taken every week since he was like 10... This stat just further shows that Bryce is not NFL ready and possibly not even a good processor of defenses

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

While I agree that Bryce will be linked with Stroud and Richardson at least for a while, my whole thing is this urge that people have had to give up on him already after eight quarters of play.

Bear in mind that Darnold was 3-0 at one point and people everywhere was singing his praises.

Oh, and there were more than a few people (this board included) who were convinced that Lawrence was a bust and Mac Jones was a better pick. How'd that work out?

Bryce by all accounts is a bit of a throwback QB in a lot of ways...if he has a throwback type of rookie season but turns into a Brees/Aikman/P Manning career, we'll forget all about how he did the first two games.

That QLD air bringing out that Australian common sense haha 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's my big concern with Caleb Williams as a prospect. More and more every year this league is becoming about getting the ball out FAST.

"Last season, his 3.24-second average time to throw was the highest among Power Five quarterbacks." That would be good for the second slowest time in the NFL since 2018.

I have noticed that, as well. He tends to stare down his WR's too.

Arguably the most talented prospect but he isn't the shiny gem that some seem to believe. 

8 hours ago, Jaxel said:

Dang, even the Bama fans have turned on Bryce. And that's while having to suffer through the disaster at QB now that he's gone.

Definitely not all the fans. I’m one of the few actually. He is a highly decorated qb at Bama no doubt but I think he owes that to the incredible receivers he had during his time there. Once defenses figured out his inaccuracy down field he was easy to defend. This why his numbers were not as good his 2nd year at Bama IMO and why he didn’t get Bama another national title. But that’s just my opinion 

8 hours ago, Jaxel said:

Dang, even the Bama fans have turned on Bryce. And that's while having to suffer through the disaster at QB now that he's gone.

Oh and one more thing that drove me absolutely crazy about him the entire time is his lack of pure emotion. I get the fact you want a cool and collected qb but sometimes an offense needs an emotional boost or spark from their leader. He is not that guy stone faced all the time I just don’t get it

27 minutes ago, BamaFan said:

Definitely not all the fans. I’m one of the few actually. He is a highly decorated qb at Bama no doubt but I think he owes that to the incredible receivers he had during his time there. Once defenses figured out his inaccuracy down field he was easy to defend. This why his numbers were not as good his 2nd year at Bama IMO and why he didn’t get Bama another national title. But that’s just my opinion 

I would argue that the fact that you have 3 QBs on your roster that can't move the ball against South Florida proves otherwise. But I don't follow Bama so what do I know ha.

28 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I would argue that the fact that you have 3 QBs on your roster that can't move the ball against South Florida proves otherwise. But I don't follow Bama so what do I know ha.

Exactly. Say what you will but us fans that dislike Alabama are glad he is gone and the offense without him looks to be one of the worst they’ve had in a while. 

9 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

It's just obvious we blew the pick... I think the top argument for Bryce was that he was NFL ready day one and an elite processor because of some dumb test he has taken every week since he was like 10... This stat just further shows that Bryce is not NFL ready and possibly not even a good processor of defenses

This post just further demonstrates that your average forum football fan has no idea what is being said when scouts evaluate a prospect’s ability to process and further explains why the only traits that matter to fans are the Height Weight and Stats on ESPN.com

• Pie 2