• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Average time to throw (Spoiler alert: Bryce is 2nd to last)

LinvilleGorge

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

I would argue that the fact that you have 3 QBs on your roster that can't move the ball against South Florida proves otherwise. But I don't follow Bama so what do I know ha.

You mean 2 qbs lol? Millroe didn’t play that game would have won by a bigger margin if he would have played. I’m not saying these guys are better than Bryce by any means. Yes we are feeling the effects of not having a good qb right now for sure. Bryce couldn’t win a natty at Alabama with the talent he had there not sure what he will be able to do at Carolina with the talent he has there that’s all

Just now, BamaFan said:

You mean 2 qbs lol? Millroe didn’t play that game would have won by a bigger margin if he would have played. I’m not saying these guys are better than Bryce by any means. Yes we are feeling the effects of not having a good qb right now for sure. Bryce couldn’t win a natty at Alabama with the talent he had there not sure what he will be able to do at Carolina with the talent he has there that’s all

To be fair, nobody has won a natty against Georgia in the last 2 years and that's unlikely to change this year.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah when he had NFL weapons like UGA does he split the series against that historic defense. 

Even when he had backups coming in after everyone got injured he still was a couple dropped passes away from beating them in that championship game.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I mean this was pretty easy to see if you watch bryce tape at Alabama. The concerns were right there, it was all about what will translate to the nfl. The things he did in college that helped him succeed are just not gonna work here unless he makes changes. This is why you cant always trust what evaluators say because they speak from a fandom point of view sometimes more than unbiased analysis. 

Left tackle is more of a concern for me right now than quarterback. Is Icky a bust at left tackle? Do we have to start the search for a left tackle again? It appears this staff did not realize that the reason this offensive line was geared towards a run dominated offense. It would appear this is as big as issue as anything right now. 

e?

• Pie 1

The Bryce Young is a rookie angle is incredibly intellectually dishonest. Everyone knows he is a rookie. He was NEVER billed as just a rookie with a great skillset that needed time and weapons around him. The amount of capital alone, that was used to acquire him, undergirds the Pro Ready, day one original narrative and runs contrary to the more recent, revised narrative being used now. 

Edited by Silent Majority
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

21 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

The Bryce Young is a rookie angle is incredibly intellectually dishonest. Everyone knows he is a rookie. He was NEVER billed as just a rookie with a great skillset that needed time and weapons around him. The amount of capital alone, that was used to acquire him, undergirds the Pro Ready, day one original narrative and runs contrary to the more recent, revised narrative being used now. 

Often if someone says "but this rookie needs time to learn them game" during the draft process, they're talking sitting half or full seasons.  Every single rookie, even "Pentium processors" or whatever it is BY was billed as, will need time to adjust to the NFL game speed. Some do it faster than expected, some slower. 

BY is showing evidence of being NFL ready in changing plays at the line etc.  But he's also shown he isn't yet ready for the speed of defenses.  My bigger concern is if he trusts his arm enough to get the ball into tight windows. With this receiving group, it's just what he'll have to do.

Way too early for me to think he's a bust, though.  There's been glimpses of talent here and there and I suspect we'll get lots more.

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

I agree, it is disappointing that he hasn't lived up to being the most pro-ready guy. I don't think it's the be all end all of his year though, there is a lot of time to still turn things around.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Often if someone says "but this rookie needs time to learn them game" during the draft process, they're talking sitting half or full seasons.  Every single rookie, even "Pentium processors" or whatever it is BY was billed as, will need time to adjust to the NFL game speed. Some do it faster than expected, some slower. 

BY is showing evidence of being NFL ready in changing plays at the line etc.  But he's also shown he isn't yet ready for the speed of defenses.  My bigger concern is if he trusts his arm enough to get the ball into tight windows. With this receiving group, it's just what he'll have to do.

Way too early for me to think he's a bust, though.  There's been glimpses of talent here and there and I suspect we'll get lots more.

Then you have the Andrew Luck, Justin Herberts of the world who are pretty good basically immediately. I don’t think Stroud is on that level with them but he’s performing in the top half of NFL QBs day 1 and lots of folks were trashing him over a preseason game. Bryce was billed as , mentally, on the level of the Lucks who just see the game differently. His only question marks were about his size long term in the NFL. NFL ready mentally and showed during the offseason he processes football on another level compared to others. 

So I was just expecting a bit more early on. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1