• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Average time to throw (Spoiler alert: Bryce is 2nd to last)

LinvilleGorge

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Not in the last two years though.  That defense from 2 years ago was insane.  

When you root for the Gators, we have to dig up the past to find cause for celebration lol 

And yeah that Bulldog defense looked real good in the Philly game last night. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

When you root for the Gators, we have to dig up the past to find cause for celebration lol 

And yeah that Bulldog defense looked real good in the Philly game last night. 

As an Auburn fan I can more than relate to this...  Our offense looks terrible again even with Freeze.

9 minutes ago, Varking said:

Then you have the Andrew Luck, Justin Herberts of the world who are pretty good basically immediately. I don’t think Stroud is on that level with them but he’s performing in the top half of NFL QBs day 1 and lots of folks were trashing him over a preseason game. Bryce was billed as , mentally, on the level of the Lucks who just see the game differently. His only question marks were about his size long term in the NFL. NFL ready mentally and showed during the offseason he processes football on another level compared to others. 

So I was just expecting a bit more early on. 

I don't know that I would call 54% completion with 23 tds and 18 interception great off the bat. Luck really took off his second year.

2 hours ago, BamaFan said:

You mean 2 qbs lol? Millroe didn’t play that game would have won by a bigger margin if he would have played. I’m not saying these guys are better than Bryce by any means. Yes we are feeling the effects of not having a good qb right now for sure. Bryce couldn’t win a natty at Alabama with the talent he had there not sure what he will be able to do at Carolina with the talent he has there that’s all

My biggest concern with Young always boiled down to - if he's a generational QB, why didn't Alabama win the National Title? Georgia were obviously very, very good, but a generational QB overcomes the slight talent advantage they have over Alabama, see Lawrence / Watson at Clemson.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I don't know that I would call 54% completion with 23 tds and 18 interception great off the bat. Luck really took off his second year.

Context is always important. He also drove the ball downfield and racked up 4300 yards as a rookie and lead that team to the playoffs after winning just two games the year before while following in the footsteps of all time great Peyton Manning. They went from 10-6 with Hall of Famer Peyton Manning, to 2-14 without to 11-5 in his first year. 

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

My biggest concern with Young always boiled down to - if he's a generational QB, why didn't Alabama win the National Title? Georgia were obviously very, very good, but a generational QB overcomes the slight talent advantage they have over Alabama, see Lawrence / Watson at Clemson.

It wasn't even that gap of a recruitment difference. 

2018 was UGA 323.31 to BAMA 289.94

2019 was BAMA 317.52 class grade to UGA 309.48

2020 was UGA 313.16 class grade to BAMA 310.24

2021 was BAMA 327.80 to UGA 294.80

2022 was BAMA 322.25 to UGA 318.34

So if you look 2 years before Bryce got there, plus his three years, BAMA actually had better recruiting grades than UGA. I would add 2017 and 2016 but they also heavily favor BAMA over UGA. UGA only out-recruited BAMA 2 times in the last 7 classes during the before and during Bryce Young's time there. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Silent Majority said:

The Bryce Young is a rookie angle is incredibly intellectually dishonest. Everyone knows he is a rookie. He was NEVER billed as just a rookie with a great skillset that needed time and weapons around him. The amount of capital alone, that was used to acquire him, undergirds the Pro Ready, day one original narrative and runs contrary to the more recent, revised narrative being used now. 

That's what I am saying... Every Bryce fanboy and "supposed" pundit regarded him as a day one bonfide NFL star because of his "elite" processing skills and IQ of defenses. Not only has he not been elite at either, I'd argue he has been the complete opposite and looks borderline lost. Now it's gone from he is day 1 ready to "oh, he's just a rookie - give him a year or 2 and he will be great". So... when he is equally as terrible at the start of next season, do we just say "oh, give him 4-5 years and he will be great"... Pretty sure that's what the Jets said about Darnold and Wilson.

• Pie 2

36 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Hrs almost did, go rewatch that game, Georgia was on pins and needles and was saved by two or three dropped passes that were dots by Bryce.

18 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

That's what I am saying... Every Bryce fanboy and "supposed" pundit regarded him as a day one bonfide NFL star because of his "elite" processing skills and IQ of defenses. Not only has he not been elite at either, I'd argue he has been the complete opposite and looks borderline lost. Now it's gone from he is day 1 ready to "oh, he's just a rookie - give him a year or 2 and he will be great". So... when he is equally as terrible at the start of next season, do we just say "oh, give him 4-5 years and he will be great"... Pretty sure that's what the Jets said about Darnold and Wilson.

I agree because if he is 2-3 years away we were better off just taking Richardson in which those ended up being the exact sentiments against taking Richardson. 2-3 years away, team can win now, raw propsect. Etc. Funny how those things have shifted bryce when he was supposed to be the guy to come in a play right away. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I agree because if he is 2-3 years away we were better off just taking Richardson in which those ended up being the exact sentiments against taking Richardson. 2-3 years away, team can win now, raw propsect. Etc. Funny how those things have shifted bryce when he was supposed to be the guy to come in a play right away. 

I wanted Stroud for the "right now" and wanted Richardson for the "if we are going to take a few years to develop somebody". Bryce was advertised as pro ready so my expectations for the beginning of this season were too high.