• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young Won the Job at the Pro Day Dinner

Towelboy

40 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

The real answer is that Bryce won the job once Reich and Fitterer decided they weren't concerned about his size and being able to hold up long term.

When it's all said and done, history will reflect that Bryce was one of the all-time great, short, QB's.  I watched him play at Bama and he is the real deal.  

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Bu Bu Bu But I thought Josh McCown said “when you move to Carolina” with Riech and Tepper standing to the side with a sh!T eating grin on their face.

this place and their conspiracies.

I wish we could get back to winning because this place has become a toxic dump the last few years.  It wasn’t even nearly this bad in 2009-2010 through the Pickle year.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

It’s sad. It really is. 

35 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Bu Bu Bu But I thought Josh McCown said “when you move to Carolina” with Riech and Tepper standing to the side with a sh!T eating grin on their face.

this place and their conspiracies.

I wish we could get back to winning because this place has become a toxic dump the last few years.  It wasn’t even nearly this bad in 2009-2010 through the Pickle year.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Oh yeah Tepper looks so excited here

• The D 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Good God dude are you related to the teppers?

No, I just haven't seen a single piece of evidence that even remotely says they had any actual impact on the decision.  Them going to the pro days and pictures of them hugging are the furthest thing from any proof.

You also have to remember that I'm not a Bryce fan, I never wanted to trade up and once we did, I was 100% in the Stroud camp up until our pick was announced.

I'm not trying to defend the pick, I hated it and I still do (but still desperately hope I'm wrong in the end), but I'm not going to just start blaming the Tepper's without even the slightest thread of evidence of them "forcing this pick on the staff who didn't want him."

Everyone keeps pointing to pictures of them hugging and saying "I think Tepper forced the pick" and saying "what owner goes to the pro days" but none of that is even the start of an inkling of him inserting himself into the decision, not one bit.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

We picked the QB that most charts had as the top QB in the draft. Yes most of us including myself preferred Stroud, but most analysts had Young as QB1. It wasn’t some shocking reach when it was announced. Fitt and Reich have both said it was Young from the beginning. He is why they traded up and his interviews just confirmed what they thought 

Now a DL landing on our QB’s ankle (which there is footage of) caused an injury and we aren’t going to try to force a rookie QB to play through it. He will sit until the medical team clears him for play as stated over and over again. I know it’s nothing exciting but it’s what is happening. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

no their not, they are being gifted 2 top 5 picks to the new regime

I don't know, they've pretty much never had a legit top tier QB in their looooong franchise history. Probably not much they wouldn't give up to secure one and so far CJ has looked the part. No one would care that we're 0-3 of Bryce was playing like that. Then again, we wouldn't be 0-3 if that was the case.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Chicago is probably wishing they had traded Fields and taken Young, Stroud, or Richardson.  Chicago was supposed to be improved but instead they're even worse, but I guess that's another thread.  

If I was a Bears fan, I’d be ecstatic at the thought of two top-5 picks next year. Not sure they are any better than us at the moment, only they have hope in next year’s draft. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We picked the QB that most charts had as the top QB in the draft. Yes most of us including myself preferred Stroud, but most analysts had Young as QB1. It wasn’t some shocking reach when it was announced. Fitt and Reich have both said it was Young from the beginning. He is why they traded up and his interviews just confirmed what they thought 

Now a DL landing on our QB’s ankle (which there is footage of) caused an injury and we aren’t going to try to force a rookie QB to play through it. He will sit until the medical team clears him for play as stated over and over again. I know it’s nothing exciting but it’s what is happening. 

^^^ The voice of reason.  

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Having the owner's backing and the owner making the decision himself are two completely different things, literally not in the same universe as there isn't a GM/HC in the league who would (or even could) make a move that significant without having the owner's backing and approval.

I also think that was equally on Rhule going after him because he felt that Watson was a QB that could help him save his job.

When you're talking about the face of a billion dollar business, that decision isn't being pushed without the owner. You said there wasn't a whisper of Tepper putting any influence into that. I'm calling BS. There's no way in hell I allow a man accused of 24 counts of sexual misconduct to be the face of my business, especially when every other owner is sitting quiet, without being heavily involved and influencing that decision. All this was happening before the settlement agreements. He was willing to do this without knowing what the outcome was going to be. Do you know what that would do to the image of this franchise and its value? I don't give a poo how good the meatballs are, no way Tepper is letting Rhule cost him potentially billions without being heavily involved in the decision making process. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1