• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Tarik look ready?

TheCasillas

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah we are only allowed to call Burns overpaid. The Huddle way.

Burns isn't overpaid yet.  $30 million plus might be overpayment.  My only thing is we have too many holes to dedicate that much money to a pass rusher.  Extend Brown (equally as important) for much less money and trade Burns for some assets 1st round plus is ideal IMO.  

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Burns isn't overpaid yet.  $30 million plus might be overpayment.  My only thing is we have too many holes to dedicate that much money to a pass rusher.  Extend Brown (equally as important) for much less money and trade Burns for some assets 1st round plus is ideal IMO.  

I have come around to trading Burns. 

But I honestly wouldn't trust Fitt with that 1st round pick. I rather trade for a established player and get a 2nd or 3rd round pick with said player.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

7th largest cap hit next year amongst all RBs.  When you talk about a bad contract, it generally isn’t structured to show up in the first year. 

Maybe it’s better to wait until next year to see if it’s still 7th… I’d be willing to bet it’s not even top 10.  It’s just not how the nfl salary cap works.

also, going year by year and choosing when it is its highest.. is not the best way to evaluate a contract total cost. You want to do TCV over MS .. not YOY cap hit 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1