• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ladies and Gentlemen... The Maestro is in the building!

Proudiddy

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

lol he threw two, each dropped by the i player in question. Maybe your stream was fuzzy across the pond, should spring for ticket instead of wasting money on soccer games

That's a very strange thing to say - everything ok at home, mate?

Right now Bryce isn't making a difference. His turnovers have come at costly times or shifted the momentum of games. They had a chance to go up at least 16-7, but the game gets flipped on fumble six. Same way with the Saints game, fumbles after the defense turns Carr over inside the Saints' territory. 

I'll be fair and say that the players (Ickey, Ian Thomas, Zavala) and coaches haven't helped in making his transition to the NFL easier. 

I like that he got into rhythm at the end of the game, but he has to limit his mistakes because there isn't an easy button on this offense. Everything has to go well for this offense to score. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, gmonjimbo said:

Right now Bryce isn't making a difference. His turnovers have come at costly times or shifted the momentum of games. They had a chance to go up at least 16-7, but the game gets flipped on fumble six. Same way with the Saints game, fumbles after the defense turns Carr over inside the Saints' territory. 

I'll be fair and say that the players (Ickey, Ian Thomas, Zavala) and coaches haven't helped in making his transition to the NFL easier. 

I like that he got into rhythm at the end of the game, but he has to limit his mistakes because there isn't an easy button on this offense. Everything has to go well for this offense to score. 

Fair and reasoned, non-emotional take...   but the reason he is trending bust is for the bolded part...  he is making a difference, and it results in losing.  You mentioned today and the Saints game, but he also lost the Falcons game with two costly picks.  You draft a guy #1 overall because he makes winning plays, and Bryce does the opposite.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I maybe crazy but I genuinely think he made some steps forward. When it was a fast paced offense and he was throwing some 10 plus yarders he looked solid. I’m not sure he had an incompletion in the second half.

What did concern me is our play calling. That WR bubble screen play is getting frustrating. That’s the play. Quick snap and immediately threw it to TMJ or AT. This doesn’t help Young’s development at all and usually puts us behind the sticks. Then we plow Sanders right up the middle where we have two backup guards playing. Sanders looked way better in space and Hubbard is better up the middle. 

Reich needs to stop slowing the offense down and just let Bryce play. If he throws picks he throws picks. It will help him learn and grow. The most frustrating thing to me was the constant hiking the ball with 1 second left. You might as well just give the defense our snap count if you are doing that most plays. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Fair and reasoned, non-emotional take...   but the reason he is trending bust is for the bolded part...  he is making a difference, and it results in losing.  You mentioned today and the Saints game, but he also lost the Falcons game with two costly picks.  You draft a guy #1 overall because he makes winning plays, and Bryce does the opposite.

I hear you. If this pattern continues after the bye, I'll start to be concerned about Bryce's long-term outlook. 

My biggest concern is the cluster of mistakes from the offense in general. For example, the first Jessie Bates INT, the play prior we have a delay of the game because Frank Reich can't get the play in on time. Putting them in 1st & 15 in an obvious passing situation. Before Young fumbled against the Saints, I believe Jonathan Mingo dropped a first down that would have been inside the red zone. Before today's fumble, Ickey committed an illegal man down the field that negated a first down by Shenault. 

This isn't to excuse Young's play. However, it's everyone on offense that is messing up. Last week with Dalton, 8 false starts.

The Panther's biggest enemy right now is themselves. I see the difference that Evero is making on defense. What difference is Reich, McCown, Brown, and Caldwell doing?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

I hear you. If this pattern continues after the bye, I'll start to be concerned about Bryce's long-term outlook. 

My biggest concern is the cluster of mistakes from the offense in general. For example, the first Jessie Bates INT, the play prior we have a delay of the game because Frank Reich can't get the play in on time. Putting them in 1st & 15 in an obvious passing situation. Before Young fumbled against the Saints, I believe Jonathan Mingo dropped a first down that would have been inside the red zone. Before today's fumble, Ickey committed an illegal man down the field that negated a first down by Shenault. 

This isn't to excuse Young's play. However, it's everyone on offense that is messing up. Last week with Dalton, 8 false starts.

The Panther's biggest enemy right now is themselves. I see the difference that Evero is making on defense. What difference is Reich, McCown, Brown, and Caldwell doing?

Well said. No doubt, I feel like the offense is clearly and very poorly coached.  Bryce looks bad, but the entire unit looks bad...  my concern is that despite being a #1 pick, with Bryce, they look even worse than they would without him.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You don't trade everything for Teddy Bridgewater. We crucified Teddy Bridgewater for this. Bryce basically threw nothing but screens and checkdowns 90% of his drop backs. His one deep ball was badly underthrown despite his receiver being grabbed and slowed down.  The yards per completion are a big problem. We're just not offering anything with Bryce to vertically threaten the defense.

Man this is exactly what we saw at Alabama. I had a handful of friends that agreed with me that the only reason this kid is any good is because of extremely fast first round draft pick receivers. You put him on a mediocre sec team and he would have been a 3rd round pick at best. The media got behind him and pushed him to the top IMO. Great kid just not physically big enough or strong enough for this level of play.

• Flames 1

17 minutes ago, BamaFan said:

Man this is exactly what we saw at Alabama. I had a handful of friends that agreed with me that the only reason this kid is any good is because of extremely fast first round draft pick receivers. You put him on a mediocre sec team and he would have been a 3rd round pick at best. The media got behind him and pushed him to the top IMO. Great kid just not physically big enough or strong enough for this level of play.

He also appears emotionally weak. It’s pretty sad to watch. 

Sorry guys, another shitpost.  Which I'm guessing shitposting is now anything criticizing Bryce Young here. 

All hail Bryce.  May we be lucky enough to one day find ourselves enveloped in the cool, breezy shade of his imposing 5'3" 125 lbs. shadow of pure, unadulterated greatness.

• Poo 2