• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is fine. The Panthers are fine.

AceBoogie

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When the majority of your throws are screens or checkdowns you should have a very high completion percentage. Let's be honest. When he got sacked there on the last possession in the redzone putting us in a bad down and distance situation we all pretty much knew it was as good as over. That's what it feels like to know your QB can't throw the ball down the field.

I always thought you were smarter than to say something so ignorant.

Just now, Jay Roosevelt said:

Not as a rookie he doesn't.  This isn't Madden. The fact that he's playing as well as he is with so much garbage around him is, frankly, a miracle.

There is absolutely nothing to date after 4 games that you can point to that says "Yeah man, that dude is absolutely worthy of being the #1 pick of the draft" and that is even before considering what we gave up for him.

How the fug are both AR and stroud light years ahead of him?  The kid is obviously in his own head and way overthinking things couple that with the fact the staff doesnt trust him to throw downfield and thats a fuging problem.  Now I am sure you are going to make more excuses for him but thats the reality.  He doesnt throw past 10ish yards

45 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean his completion percentage today was amazing. 80% + lol. He just poo the bed multiple times when it counted

Congratulations we drafted a midget teddy Bridgwater #1 overall and paid DJ Moore a 2nd rounder and 2 firsts one of which is looking like next year's #1

3 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

That Bryce doesn't have the arm to throw into the endzone from the 18-yard line. That's pure ignorance.

BTW, can y'all please do something about these damn ads that cover the entire page?

Effectively into redzone defense? Honestly, no he doesn't. Our chances in that situation almost entirely hinged on a defensive gaffe. A blown coverage, a missed tackle, a penalty. 

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

what do those have to do with his internal clock or having "it"? Specifically. 

yeah, no

If you want to die on the "bryce young isnt the problem hill" so be it but anyone with a brain can tell you he looks like a 3rd rounder and not the overall pick in the draft

He looks overwhelmed, timid and just clueless in general.  Blame the play calling, blame it on him being a rookie, blame it on I dont give a fug but he is not playing like the #1 pick and more importantly he is not out playing his peers from the top 5.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is absolutely nothing to date after 4 games that you can point to that says "Yeah man, that dude is absolutely worthy of being the #1 pick of the draft" and that is even before considering what we gave up for him.

How the fug are both AR and stroud light years ahead of him?  The kid is obviously in his own head and way overthinking things couple that with the fact the staff doesnt trust him to throw downfield and thats a fuging problem.  Now I am sure you are going to make more excuses for him but thats the reality.  He doesnt throw past 10ish yards

You're right, it IS a problem that the coaching staff doesn't trust him to throw the ball down the field. Because he CAN throw it downfield.

The coaching staff is handling him with kid gloves and there's no reason for it. THAT'S the biggest difference between him and Stroud/Richardson.

All we heard about all offseason was how Bryce wasn't limited in running the offense. We saw him in camp routinely make throws downfield (remember all the D.J. Chark hype?) and then as soon as the games start everything is dink and dunk and they don't trust him to throw downfield?

I call bullshit on that.

• Pie 1

I have no idea how someone can watch the shitshow that is this team over the preseason and now a quarter way through the regular season and say with a straight face that our number 1 pick QB that we mortgaged the farm for is fine and the Panthers as an organization is fine.  Just mind numbingly unperceptive.

Its like Stockholm syndrome for the sports world.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

yeah, no

If you want to die on the "bryce young isnt the problem hill" so be it but anyone with a brain can tell you he looks like a 3rd rounder and not the overall pick in the draft

He looks overwhelmed, timid and just clueless in general.  Blame the play calling, blame it on him being a rookie, blame it on I dont give a fug but he is not playing like the #1 pick and more importantly he is not out playing his peers from the top 5.

I already wrote my breakdown of BY's in this thread, with contructive observations. What you are saying are meerily just subjective observations from your perspective.  I just asked for some specifics to understand that perspective... but i get it... its a rough day bc of another loss. 

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Effectively into redzone defense? Honestly, no he doesn't. Our chances in that situation almost entirely hinged on a defensive gaffe. A blown coverage, a missed tackle, a penalty. 

Basically, that scenario calls for someone that can make a play out of nothing.  The Panthers don’t have anyone like that on this roster offensively.