• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st Down Run Game

Proudiddy

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Did Bryce play in week 3?

So, 1 week is a trend?

I dont know what the stats were for 1st down against Seattle, but I know the run game sucked and we barely used Chuba or Viska out of the backfield, which also makes a difference.  And yet, the offense looked the best it has in a full month of football.

I'm pretty sure if we take Seattle out of the equation, the stats aren't much better.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

So, 1 week is a trend?

I dont know what the stats were for 1st down against Seattle, but I know the run game sucked and we barely used Chuba or Viska out of the backfield, which also makes a difference.  And yet, the offense looked the best it has in a full month of football.

I'm pretty sure if we take Seattle out of the equation, the stats aren't much better.

Your post says "I guess it's what you do when you dont trust your super processor."

Which you are eluding to the fact we are running on 1st downs specifically bc of Bryce.. but we did the same thing with Dalton.

Eyes don't lie. We run Sanders up our trash guard's ass every fuggin 1st down. It's infuriating. The same godamn play too. Not motion, no stretch play, no trap blocks, just your basic HB dive right up the fuggin gut. Colts fans laughing their asses off.

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

So, 1 week is a trend?

The offense looked better with a former 10 year starter and strong veteran? You don’t say! 

Your little graphic from Instagram is also an inclination on just how bad the play calling is incapacitating Bryce’s ability to play the position as well as you would like him to. He is constantly put in 3rd and long due to Franks insistence on establishing the running game. Our WRs can’t create separation either due to their own inability or poor situational play calling and design. The “star LT” can’t block a blitzing 34 year old safety on the most pivotal play of the game and the unit itself has been pretty dysfunctional in giving Bryce any type of time to manipulate the pocket which is what he is good at. 

The team is doing Bryce no favors. Poor talent and perhaps the most incompetent display of play-calling currently in the NFL is going a long way to perpetuate this false narrative of Bryce. Stop expecting him to be Cam. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery