• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Booo hooo its not FAIIIR to Compare Cam to Bryce rookie seasons.

Pantha-kun

I call horse shi.t.  Yes the players , coaches, front office, owners were different. But you know WHAT??? Bryce apologists?!?

Cam's rookie year, i had hope bc he was bringing that energy and explosive plays even when we were losing. Im not seeing any of that from Bryce. Not even a fraction of it. I was yelling at my TV in college, jumping around, shouting for joy. Running around my dorm like a crazy person because Cam was killing it man. Despite the loses and the bad team. 

But this guy? Bryce? No fuging energy. No explosiveness whatsover. Same with Reich. The team adopts the personality and energy of the HC and QB. and Reich/young both have the mliktoast low energy non chalant attitude that upsets me. There is no DOG IN THESE MEN. 

Cam mentioned at least once when he came back to play for us the last time and I heard him say it again last week in a podcast . The panthers are missing Players that truly understand what it means to be a Panther. Players that actually care about what is going on and keep themselves accountable. There's no foolproof way for me to know that isn't going on. But I have a feeling it is. And it all starts out with the HC/QB. 

Thats why Im so down in the dumps right now about this team. I feel like I have no god damn hope.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

The funny part is so many people on this board Cam’s rookie season were criticizing him “because his stats are pretty but he’s just not a leader and doesn’t win games like te bow and dalton”. 

I am glad people finally are appreciating what we had back then

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Cams rookie year was a weird one because the lockout that happened so vets weren’t doing their normal offseason routines. It’s part of the reason I believe he threw for 2 400 yard games to start his career. 

Cam did a lot more his rookie  year than just throw for 800 his first 2 games. He was making NFL vets look FOOLISH on the field. Running and passing. 

Edited by Pantha-kun
  • Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

I call horse shi.t.  Yes the players , coaches, front office, owners were different. But you know WHAT??? Bryce apologists?!?

Cam's rookie year, i had hope bc he was bringing that energy and explosive plays even when we were losing. Im not seeing any of that from Bryce. Not even a fraction of it. I was yelling at my TV in college, jumping around, shouting for joy. Running around my dorm like a crazy person because Cam was killing it man. Despite the loses and the bad team. 

But this guy? Bryce? No fuging energy. No explosiveness whatsover. Same with Reich. The team adopts the personality and energy of the HC and QB. and Reich/young both have the mliktoast low energy non chalant attitude that upsets me. There is no DOG IN THESE MEN. 

Cam mentioned at least once when he came back to play for us the last time and I heard him say it again last week in a podcast . The panthers are missing Players that truly understand what it means to be a Panther. Players that actually care about what is going on and keep themselves accountable. There's no foolproof way for me to know that isn't going on. But I have a feeling it is. And it all starts out with the HC/QB. 

Thats why Im so down in the dumps right now about this team. I feel like I have no god damn hope.

I mentioned the same in the gameday thread and got poo`d. It pisses me off that we gave up so much for Young, way more than for Cam, yet he shows no fire and no leadership as well as not even a single moment that he deserves what we gave up for him. He looks just like every other QB we have brought in since 2019 and just going through the motions.

God I miss Cam so much 😥

He was the epitome of Keep Pounding (other than Sam Mills of course). He injected Charlotte with CRAZY energy that will never be replicated. I still remember going to that game against the Saints where he had a walk off TD to Domenik Hixon to clinch the division. That place was fuggin ROCKIN!!! So much joy, so much hope, so much energy, so much passion. Now? This franchise is the epitome of lifeless.

• Pie 5

My main point here. Not Trolling.

My Main point is we can be critical of Bryce and still be passionate FANS of this team. Bryce has the ability to change to be a decent or good QB? Maybe. But I have not seen it on the field. 

If he does show something eventually? Ill cheer him on just as loudly as i did cam. But until then I will poo on him as hard as i did Teddy, Kyle Allen, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, and PJ Walker.

Edited by Pantha-kun
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

We knew immediately we had a that dude. A QB with legit MVP potential. Now we're trying to grasp at straws to convince ourselves that Bryce might not be a bust and might eventually work out if we can put all the ideal pieces around him in the perfect system. That's not what you want #1 overall. Definitely not what you want in a massive trade up to #1.

• Pie 8

5 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

Cam did a lot more his rookie  year than just throw for 800 his first 2 games. He was making NFL vets look FOOLISH on the field. Running and passing. 

For sure but he went from back to back 400 yard passing performances to 3 of the first four games being over 300 yards passing to… none after that. His next three seasons combined he had basically 2 300 yard games per season. It was more running threat than passing until 2015 when he went super nova on the NFL. The only real knock Cam had was he wasn’t the most consistent passer. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We knew immediately we had a that dude. A QB with legit MVP potential. Now we're trying to grasp at straws to convince ourselves that Bryce might not be a bust and might eventually work out if we can put all the ideal pieces around him in the perfect system. That's not what you want #1 overall. Definitely not what you want in a massive trade up to #1.

that is a huge part of my point. You dont do all this poo for a QB that needs to be in a perfect situation to be productive. Or even mediocre. I dont even think Bryce has been good enough to be called mediocre.  0-1 TDS a game and at least 1 game breaking turnover for most games is not even backup level production.  Andy Dalton showed you what a high quality backup QB should do vs Seattle.

Edited by Pantha-kun
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

Cam was in a spread offense. After Chud left even he couldn’t match his own rookie passing numbers lol

Exactly. That Chud offense with two TE (including Shockey) played to his strengths and was awesome. Can't believe we literally never even attempted to get that going for him again.

• Pie 2

Cam had Jordan Gross and Ryan Kali protecting him; had J-Stew/D-Will to hand it off to; and Smitty, Greg Olsen, and Jeremy Shockey to throw the ball to.

Any comparison without the attempt to contextualize is just silly. 

Edited by MGH1989
  • Pie 1