• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many of these plays could Bryce make?

16 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I think we should sit Young until next year then let him play the entire season and get us a top pick. At least if he’s terrible it will be easier to move on from him. 

The fact that option is a legitimate option is proof of how bad this entire situation really is in Teppers' house.

Or trade him for a 5th or less, let Dalton get a few wins, take a shot at a Purdy in 24, probably miss, have more hope & fun while still picking top of the draft in 25.

There isn't anything to develop with Bryce. Either he is going to start taking hits and still toss the ball like an NFL QB or he is always going to be a very limited player that could easily be replaced as far as roster spot goes.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

The one thing I'll say is both were dealing with mediocre at best coaching. But Newton had the clear phsyical intangibles you seek in a #1 overall pick that allowed him to overcome a great many obstacles including poor coaching at times. We took who we thought was the QB equivalent of Professor Xavier while passing on other QB's with traits that could be making a difference right now.

This Panthers team has one of the greatest coaching staffs ever assembled. Dream team.

Edited by Car123
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. If we were 0-4 right now but Bryce was showing flashes of the talent needed to be elite we'd be frustrated about being 0-4 but excited about the future. Right now, the 0-4 record is way less of a concern to me than the future because I just don't think Bryce has the prerequisite talent and if that's the case we are likely doomed to another season, possibly two of simply not being able to compete.

This. This. This. Throw on top of it that we don't have a 1st next year and the future looks very ugly. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Lafell the best receiver on this team right now?? Lol  Come on now....stop it. This the over exaggeration that i keep seeing a lot. Lafell was never that guy, if you think route running, speed, and catching is a problem now you shouldnt dare bring up lafells now. Good lord relax lol

It would be close.  We have a roster of guys that ideally are #3 WRs.  That’s LaFell. 

LaFell was flat out better overall WR than present day Mingo, TMJ, Shenault and Chark at WR.  Old Thielen is still better.  But it’s not that wild to say.  It’s wrong because of Theilen but I’m not sure the gap is that massive.  If you forced feed LaFell on easy routes he would have yards at this point too. 

• Poo 1

45 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Lafell the best receiver on this team right now?? Lol  Come on now....stop it. This the over exaggeration that i keep seeing a lot. Lafell was never that guy, if you think route running, speed, and catching is a problem now you shouldnt dare bring up lafells now. Good lord relax lol

Dalton already proved that the WRs were not getting the same production with Young. The oline is playing poorly but Dalton could score 2 TDs on an offense that scored more than 20.

But he is a vet backup well past his prime and the other is a rookie #1 pick and that makes it allright? BS

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Now folks are saying the Panthers surrounded Cam with weapons throughout his career to prop up Bryce Young's very underwhelming start to his rookie season lol

Cam had Jordan Gross for one season then the best he got for the next decade was Michael Oher for one season. Wack ass comparison.

Cam didn't have Jordan Gross for 1 year; he had him for his first 3 years. And it's not just left tackle; Cam had one of the best OLs we've ever assembled in 2015; certainly the best interior OL we've ever had with Turner-Kalil-Norwell, even if the tackles were exposed in the Super Bowl.

Obviously Cam had times when he was surrounded by little talent (particularly WR) but there's no comparison to what Cam had to work with as a rookie and what Bryce has now. And that's without even touching the coaching/playcalling.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, if a QB simply can't physically make the throws offense becomes practically impossible. It's what we're watching right now with Bryce.

Again, this is just plain wrong. Bryce has a plenty good enough arm to make NFL throws. All you have to do is watch him at Alabama; arm strength is about the only thing you can translate almost directly from college to the pros just by watching a QB play. I guarantee you they did not draft a QB #1 overall who can't throw past 10 yards. You think we were the only team that had Bryce as QB1? He was projected as a top-3 QB by practically everyone; you think that happens if his arm is so weak he can only throw screen passes? That's insanity.

You guys are mistaking Reich's shitty conservative playcalling for Bryce having a weak arm. Again, is it Cam's arm? No. Josh Allen's arm? Clearly not. But those guys are anomalies and it's not common - nor is it required - for a top NFL QB to have that type of arm strength.

14 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Dalton already proved that the WRs were not getting the same production with Young. The oline is playing poorly but Dalton could score 2 TDs on an offense that scored more than 20.

But he is a vet backup well past his prime and the other is a rookie #1 pick and that makes it allright? BS

Dalton threw the ball 58 times in Seattle; Bryce threw it 32 times against the Vikings and had a higher YPC. And Reich clearly opened the playbook up for Dalton while trying to continue to handcuff Bryce. 

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Dalton threw the ball 58 times in Seattle; Bryce threw it 32 times against the Vikings and had a higher YPC. And Reich clearly opened the playbook up for Dalton while trying to continue to handcuff Bryce. 

And Bryce would need 4 more quarters to get that kind of meaningful production. Vikings at home vs Seachickens in their house? The fact is Bryce looks a lot worse than a washed Dalton anyway you try and spin it.

Edited by Waldo

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Whos he better than?  Theilen?  Thats the bar?  We still had 3 HoFers in 89, 88 and Shockey on top of that.  Thats the point. 

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

And Bryce would need 4 more quarters to get that kind of meaningful production. Vikings at home vs Seachickens in their house? The fact is Bryce looks a lot worse than a washed Dalton anyway you try and spin it.

No, he really didn't. You guys act like Dalton looked like prime Peyton Manning. Bryce could put up 500 yards + 4 TDs and you guys are going to hate him regardless because he's not Cam Newton.

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

No, he really didn't. You guys act like Dalton looked like prime Peyton Manning. Bryce could put up 500 yards + 4 TDs and you guys are going to hate him regardless because he's not Cam Newton.

Dalton really didn't. Bryce just looks that bad.

Bryce couldn't put up 500 yards and +4 TDs. Hell 300 and 2 TDs is still a long reach.

18 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Whos he better than?  Theilen?  Thats the bar?  We still had 3 HoFers in 89, 88 and Shockey on top of that.  Thats the point. 

Yes to theilen, and You can make a legitimate Case chark is better when healthy. We talking about lafell compared to this current group. I dont know what bringing up 89, 88 and shockey does. 

Even so, how can you be convinced bryce can get the ball to any of those other guys?  If bryce played against Seattle,  theilen doesn't go for 145 on 10 catches..... thats my belief. Hell, he missed him again on a couple opportunities in the vikings game. Prove that you can succed with lesser talent before its a given you will against the top talent. All truly great qbs can do this. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Yes to theilen, and You can make a legitimate Case chark is better when healthy. We talking about lafell compared to this current group. I dont know what bringing up 89, 88 and shockey does. 

Even so, how can you be convinced bryce can get the ball to any of those other guys?  If bryce played against Seattle,  theilen doesn't go for 145 on 10 catches..... thats my belief. Hell, he missed him again on a couple opportunities in the vikings game. Prove that you can succed with lesser talent before its a given you will against the top talent. All truly great qbs can do this. 

Read the thread.