• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many of these plays could Bryce make?

2 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Cam didn't have Jordan Gross for 1 year; he had him for his first 3 years. And it's not just left tackle; Cam had one of the best OLs we've ever assembled in 2015; certainly the best interior OL we've ever had with Turner-Kalil-Norwell, even if the tackles were exposed in the Super Bowl.

I could have sworn Jordan Gross played only 1 or 2 more seasons. My mistake. But I do remember what seemed like a lifetime of watching Byron Bell and Nate Chandler attempt to play left tackle and it was horrendous. Those two make Icky even with his sophmore struggles look like an All-Pro. And I think you and I both know if not for Cam Newton's heroics Ron Rivera would have been on the hot seat in his second season. He was conservative to a fault and he finally grew some balls because Cam had enough of that bs.

At some point through all this adversity we have to see Bryce Young assert himself as the alpha the number one pick and the face of the franchise and show us even an ounce of that Cam Newton swagger. Build on something anything.

17 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I've never seen such hate towards a player before. It's worse than the anti-Cam folks used to be.

Cam had talent. It was his personality that people hated. They just hid that behind talk about his imperfections.

Bryce has nothing really positive enough to talk about on the field and then you look at his competition and it just gets worse. Anyone he has been compared to except Clausen and he looks worse than that QB. It's painful to watch him play. They pushed him as what he clearly isn't. We are close to having spent two #1 (or #1 and a #2) picks on him and he isn't worth a first round pick still at this time. 

It's not rocket science. He is that limited and overhyped. It's crappy football and he is not a good player. 

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

I could have sworn Jordan Gross played only 1 or 2 more seasons. My mistake. But I do remember what seemed like a lifetime of watching Byron Bell and Nate Chandler attempt to play left tackle and it was horrendous. Those two make Icky even with his sophmore struggles look like an All-Pro. And I think you and I both know if not for Cam Newton's heroics Ron Rivera would have been on the hot seat in his second season. He was conservative to a fault and he finally grew some balls because Cam had enough of that bs.

At some point through all this adversity we have to see Bryce Young assert himself as the alpha the number one pick and the face of the franchise and show us even an ounce of that Cam Newton swagger. Build on something anything.

No QB ever has had Cam's swagger. This is what I'm talking about; people want Bryce to be Cam. He's not. He's not a similar personality type or a similar player type, and it has far too many people here seeing red.

Just now, Waldo said:

Cam had talent. It was his personality that people hated. They just hid that behind talk about his imperfections.

Bryce has nothing really positive enough to talk about on the field and then you look at his competition and it just gets worse. Anyone he has been compared to except Clausen and he looks worse than that QB. It's painful to watch him play. They pushed him as what he clearly isn't. We are close to having spent two #1 (or #1 and a #2) picks on him and he isn't worth a first round pick still at this time. 

It's not rocket science. He is that limited and overhyped. It's crappy football and he is not a good player. 

If you think Bryce has looked worse than Clausen you've lost your mind.

Just now, Jay Roosevelt said:

If you think Bryce has looked worse than Clausen you've lost your mind.

I said except Clausen and I stand at better than Clausen/Wilson and worse than Teddy. That is why people are pissed and it shows on the field.

3 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

No QB ever has had Cam's swagger. This is what I'm talking about; people want Bryce to be Cam. He's not. He's not a similar personality type or a similar player type, and it has far too many people here seeing red.

Oh don't be silly. Cam is not entirely unique in that area other QB's have that command of their offense and dog mentality. Bryce could develop it if he's to be the #1 pick we hope for he will have to. If not we picked the wrong guy. It's that simple.

Edited by frankw

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh don't be silly. Cam is not entirely unique in that area other QB's have that command of their offense and dog mentality. Bryce could develop it if he's to be the #1 pick we hope for he will have to. If not we picked the wrong guy. It's that simple.

I'm not talking about command and mentality; I'm talking about swagger. Cam is damn near unequaled in that area.

20 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'm not talking about command and mentality; I'm talking about swagger. Cam is damn near unequaled in that area.

I think we are applying different personal definitions to the term swagger. I am strictly speaking on the field I am aware Bryce Young has a different personality. But to me swagger on the field is being confident in your abilities and your energy feeds into your teammates. There are different reasons for his struggles but Bryce Young is going to have to find that confidence in himself. Even if he turns the ball over forcing passes at least fire off. Show opposing defenses that you will test them. We have almost none of that. Is it all Young? I don't think so. But he does exhibit a tendency to be timid at times out there. If I and other Panthers fans can see it opposing defensive coordinators and players can too. He's going to have to show some kind of spark soon or teams will keep playing him the same way because they have no fear of his arm.

2 hours ago, frankw said:

I believe Gross retired after the 2013 playoff run

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Yeah, Cam was definitely super confident and had swagger for days that was very evident with his brash personality and showmanship tendencies, but every great QB walks that fine line between confident and cocky. You have to. You have to have borderline delusional confidence to make it as a QB in this league because bad things are going to happen. There's no way around it and when they do you gotta be able to lean on that confidence while also being aware enough to realize there's things you can improve on. That's the mindset required to be a great NFL QB.

• Beer 2