• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam/Allen/Hieneke/Bridgewater/Darnold/Baker win any of these games if they started instead of Bryce?

Hoenheim

Any other QBs win any of these games?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Any other QBs win any of these games?

• Yes
    • NO

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Don't need these hypotheticals. I watched Andy Dalton push the ball downfield and get in the end zone with these same weapons and he's washed AF.

I'm hoping Bryce is very motivated by all this and doesn't falter in the face of some very tough adversity. But I just don't know that he has the physical tools to do it in the NFL.

Against the Chandler Zavala and Cade Mays of secondaries playing prevent defense

context matters

Just now, ncfan said:

What you call coping other’s call pointing out things to delusional people.

Delusional is believing our QB has performed up to the standards of a #1 pick. The team and the coaches around him all could be a lot better. But Bryce Young himself also could be a lot better. Some of you want to treat him like a newborn baby and protect him from all the bad in the world and the league but I'm sorry the rest of the NFL knows what's up now and defenses have all the film they need. He is either going to work out the kinks this season and salvage his rookie campaign with some wow plays like anyone would expect from a top pick or he is going to enter next season with the word no one wants to hear looming behind him.

• Flames 4

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Delusional is believing our QB has performed up to the standards of a #1 pick. The team and the coaches around him all could be a lot better. But Bryce Young himself also could be a lot better. Some of you want to treat him like a newborn baby and protect him from all the bad in the world and the league but I'm sorry the rest of the NFL knows what's up now and defenses have all the film they need. He is either going to work out the kinks this season and salvage his rookie campaign with some wow plays like anyone would expect from a top pick or he is going to enter next season with the word no one wants to hear looming behind him.

You are correct

statistically hasn’t performed to the number 1 pick after a 3 game sample size.

But delusion is ignoring the factors around him that is a large cause for these stats.

Delusion is ignoring what all the national media people are pointing out.  And panicking instead.

Delusion is being so apathetic over all the losing this franchise has done, that you care more about your QB pre draft evaluation that you got off a :30 YouTube clip or a dap up at a pro day (which some seriously do)

Theres a lot of improvements and worries on this team.  But honestly he’s not even in the top 3 problems we got on this team right now.

Edited by ncfan

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Turning the ball over and not reaching the end zone at home says otherwise.

OL that’s statistically worse than anything we’ve had as a franchise including guys like Michael Jordan, Cam Erving, Matt Kalil says other wise

TEs who the closest thing they can get to a catch is when Bryce puts it off his facemask says otherwise

RBs avg 1 yard a carry running into blockers says otherwise.

A run Defense that still can’t figure out how to stop anyone says others wise.

WRs who can’t beat anyone unless they’re in a soft zone. Says otherwise.

btw

the fumble was costly.  But he still has half the fumbles on the season as Lamar Jackson and Tua

IMG_6691.jpeg

IMG_6679.jpeg

IMG_6693.jpeg

IMG_6690.jpeg

Edited by ncfan

4 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Y’all Bryce defenders are going to be really disappointed when he doesn’t turn out to be anything but below average.  He lacks NFL level physical ability.  

If he doesn’t turn out.  Everyone should be disappointed.  He’s our QB.

but I’m not jumping ship on him after 3 games with one of the worst situations around him in the NFL, as a rookie.

Edited by ncfan

3 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Y’all Bryce defenders are going to be really disappointed when he doesn’t turn out to be anything but below average.  He lacks NFL level physical ability.  

I think he can be a good QB

But his size and arm flat out limit what he can do at this level vs others.  He always had the lowest ceiling of any top QB in the draft for that reason.  He can be an elite game manager on a good team.  But there will always be limitation.  Lack of extending plays and throws that simply aren’t on the table but would be for others 

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

If he doesn’t turn out.  Everyone should be disappointed.  He’s our QB.

but I’m not jumping ship on him after 3 games with one of the worst situations around him in the NFL, as a rookie.

No one should have had hopes he would be great. He 100% lacks the physical tools to be great and it’s apparent he can’t process as well as we were sold. 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Football doesn’t work that way. Just because you score more doesn’t mean the other team won’t. Bryce gave you the points needed against the Vikings. Other guys didn’t make the plays. 

Bryce didn't score any points. In fact he contributed -7 points from that fumble 6. 

Cousins had 2 picks but threw 2 TDs.

My main problem with Bryce isn't really he's making ton of mistakes its the lack of overall production.  We have a good enough defense that he doesn't have to throw 5 tds a game but the fact that he either gets 0 or 1 td a game is a problem. Theres a correlation  between the low offensive production and Bryce being on the field.

And if YOU want to do that hypothetical horse poo about one of his TDs being dropped, his dumb ass had a pick 6 dropped earlier in the game too. That's almost -14 points on your QB alone. 

Edited by Hoenheim