• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

North Carolina MLB?

Harbingers

52 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It would have to be in the PERFECT location for it to happen. MLB is not happy with attendance in a lot of stadiums so it needs to be able to have Raleigh/Durham/CH/Gboro, etc folks be able to get there quickly and easily ... nightly.

Might need to be between Raleigh/Durham then. 

Charlotte is screwed in that scenario. Greensboro will only have to drive an hour if it's around Durham. WS close to the same. 

18 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

Might need to be between Raleigh/Durham then. 

Charlotte is screwed in that scenario. Greensboro will only have to drive an hour if it's around Durham. WS close to the same. 

I could see something going in RDU airport area as a stand alone development. But I feel trying to stay close to downtown Raleigh is what the play is here. I mean we get what 16-18K people for canes games. The average baseball attendance was 26K last year. Which is nearly 20K lower than the average MLB stadium’s capacity. 

Baseball has a huge problem apparently but I don’t think Dundon would be trying if he didn’t see an actual outlet. Either way it definitely needs to be on the west side of Raleigh. 

4 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I could see something going in RDU airport area as a stand alone development. But I feel trying to stay close to downtown Raleigh is what the play is here. I mean we get what 16-18K people for canes games. The average baseball attendance was 26K last year. Which is nearly 20K lower than the average MLB stadium’s capacity. 

Baseball has a huge problem apparently but I don’t think Dundon would be trying if he didn’t see an actual outlet. Either way it definitely needs to be on the west side of Raleigh. 

So much development happening East of GSO with all the factories popping up around Liberty, Burlington etc…..the whole I40 between RDU and GSO is going to be developed in next 10 years. Huge population growth in that corridor.

If I’m the MLB then I’m definitely targeting Dundon and Carolina as an expansion candidate.

After Dundon’s success with the Hurricanes as well as his success with TopGolf, the PGA Tour, and pickleball, I’d think the MLB would be thrilled to add an owner that has proven success in other realms of athletics.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Remember the Minnesota Twins relocation to the Kernersville area back in the early 90s?

As a kid who grew up playing baseball all the way thru American Legion level and getting to see one of Sandy Koufax's no-hitters in person, the game has morphed into an unwatchable exhibition. Much like the NBA, teamwork is non-existent, egos rule the day and fundamentals of the game are afterthoughts.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Remember the Minnesota Twins relocation to the Kernersville area back in the early 90s?

As a kid who grew up playing baseball all the way thru American Legion level and getting to see one of Sandy Koufax's no-hitters in person, the game has morphed into an unwatchable exhibition. Much like the NBA, teamwork is non-existent, egos rule the day and fundamentals of the game are afterthoughts.

• Poo 1