• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Sr. Wants You All To Relax

TheCasillas

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

The first two games Bryce was actually overthrowing WRs deep. You’ve turned into one of the worst posters over your hate for Bryce. It’s embarrassing. 

Do you have anything to add to a conversation or are you just going to continue to complain about other people posting?

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MechaZain said:

Look I love him but he's on the payroll now. One the best things Tepper's done here was making a pointed effort to rebuild that bridge. Smith's not going to throw his guy under the bus.

He's also not the hothead he was twenty years ago. The folks who can't see past the man he was twenty years ago are telling on themselves. 

He was just calling out how bad Baker was last year immediately after their loss to the Ravens. Call him a “three legged donkey” and rambled about how bad they looked on offense. Smith doesn’t really care. 

I don't think anyone here hates Bryce save for one or two people on the extreme end of the spectrum. If you are so dug in on your position because he was your favorite prospect and you don't want to be wrong that you are manufacturing enemies because they are acknowledging his rookie season is going poorly it is probably a sign you should unplug some.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

I don't think anyone here hates Bryce save for one or two people on the extreme end of the spectrum. If you are so dug in on your position because he was your favorite prospect and you don't want to be wrong that you are manufacturing enemies because they are acknowledging his rookie season is going poorly it is probably a sign you should unplug some.

I would imagine everyone wants him to succeed, however our concerns about him when he was drafted have shown up on the field

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He was just calling out how bad Baker was last year immediately after their loss to the Ravens. Call him a “three legged donkey” and rambled about how bad they looked on offense. Smith doesn’t really care. 

I don't think he's incapable of criticitizing the team but that's a far cry from bashing Tepper. He starts the video off mocking fans for blaming Tepper. The staff and Bryce are a direct reflection of Tepper.

I'm just saying he's biased. You're not going to get an honest opinion when Tepper's a big donor to Steve's orgs and they have a personal relationship.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll love to be wrong. All I can go off of is what I'm seeing though. I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and act like everything is just fine. But you do you.

LG not gonna lie man. You are getting pretty bad here. You are “sticking your head in the sand” when prettty good cases are made. 

im not sure what’s going on with you lately, but your posts are getting troll worthy. Just giving you honest feedback. I tried dm’ing you but it says I’m not allowed to message you.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I don't think he's incapable of criticitizing the team but that's a far cry from bashing Tepper. He starts the video off mocking fans for blaming Tepper. The staff and Bryce are a direct reflection of Tepper.

I'm just saying he's biased. You're not going to get an honest opinion when Tepper's a big donor to Steve's orgs and they have a personal relationship.

He just did last year when Baker was playing though. That’s my point. 

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2022/11/22/23473111/steve-smith-baker-mayfield-three-legged-donkey-panthers-nfl

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

LG not gonna lie man. You are getting pretty bad here. You are “sticking your head in the sand” when prettty good cases are made. 

im not sure what’s going on with you lately, but your posts are getting troll worthy. Just giving you honest feedback. I tried dm’ing you but it says I’m not allowed to message you.

That dude is not making any cases.

Keep being positive. I don't agree but I legitimately appreciate it different takes. Feel free to use the ignore feature on the forum if you need.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

The first two games Bryce was actually overthrowing WRs deep. You’ve turned into one of the worst posters over your hate for Bryce. It’s embarrassing. 

This are his Week 1 and Week 2 charts - what 'deep overthrows' are you talking about? Despite what the NFL says 20 yards is not a deep throw, as it's barely longer than where the safeties line up. There is one throw of 40 yards but that's Drew Brees-deadarm depth.

wendvlsy3mnb1.jpg

pass-chart_YOU124763_2023-REG-2_1695091095159.jpeg

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

He starts the video off mocking fans for blaming Tepper.

I don't get why current and former Panthers think this is the move. Yes some of the reaction is over the top because it's the internet. But the track record under this ownership speaks loudly. Like megaphone loud. The criticism has been earned and then some. Mocking your fans is only going to accelerate the decline.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

This are his Week 1 and Week 2 charts - what 'deep overthrows' are you talking about? Despite what the NFL says 20 yards is not a deep throw, as it's barely longer than where the safeties line up.

wendvlsy3mnb1.jpg

pass-chart_YOU124763_2023-REG-2_1695091095159.jpeg

The one I distinctly recall was the ball from our opponents' goal line to an open streaking Mingo. It should've been a 99 yard TD but it was probably only thrown about 20 yards past the LOS.

• Pie 1