• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Sr. Wants You All To Relax

TheCasillas

20 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

that was a decoy to bring the safeties high so they couldnt sit on the crossing route. Look how Chark runs at about 75-80% speed and just moves left and right between both safeties as he goes up field. He even flips his head over his shoulder to see if the ball had been thrown yet... he was not an intended target on that play.

I’ve watched the first 3 quarters. I’m just whipping through our offensive plays quick fast to see if there was anything Bryce missed and so far I feel a lot better about Bryce after watching this. I mean as far as him seeing the game. I will forever question his arm strength until he proves to me he has the strength 

On the drive that he fumbled on id argue on the check down to Chuba at midfield he had Chark on a shallow crosser that was the better option. Chark might have been able to turn the corner and get up field for 10 or so. Nothing game changing

Then on the last series in the 3rd on 3rd down he took a sack. He may have been able to anticipate the 15 and in by Chark but it’s iffy 

As far as making the right reads it’s all there for Bryce. This offense is garbage and yeah, the few times there are deep routes available they’re well covered. Not just well covered 1 on 1 and take a shot and give your WR a chance to make a play I mean there’s literally nothing there. He did give Chark a chance that one play and it looks like he got bumped on the follow through hence the ball being grossly underthrown

I think I’ve seen enough and won’t bother with the 4th quarter 

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No clue. I'm not watching the all 22. All I know is that we threw downfield with Dalton more on one game than we have in three with Bryce and we did it effectively. And all I'm asking is why y'all think that might be? The goalposts of excuses keep moving but our offense keeps looking the same with Bryce.

Week 1 he overthrew a WR (weak ass arm) deep and TMJ gave up on a route that Young laid up deep for him.  He is capable of doing it, he just isn't capable of calling his on plays to do it yet.  Reich is an old school coach that is "developing" a rookie QB.  He stated the quick short passes were intentional due to Flores bringing the blitz regularly.  Not to mention Dalton had to specifically tell Reich to add some deep passes for him.  This tells me the offense was the same until the decade plus old vet requested it be changed.  

8 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Will you quit with the play design crap...unless you have a playbook in that group chat

You don't need a team's playbook to understand route concepts and how they are designed to counter a defense. Man , Cover 3 , Cover 4 , Cover 2 and 0,1 are all countered by specific concepts like flood, mesh, sticks, screens, etc. 

You have clear outs by design to move safeties, you have out routes to hold cover 3 corners (See Dante Jackson blownn coverage against Seahawks), you have underneath routes to bring down the linebackers to free the medium mid. 

Just because you don't understand this stuff.. doesnt mean its crap

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

You don't need a team's playbook to understand route concepts and how they are designed to counter a defense. Man , Cover 3 , Cover 4 , Cover 2 and 0,1 are all countered by specific concepts like flood, mesh, sticks, screens, etc. 

You have clear outs by design to move safeties, you have out routes to hold cover 3 corners (See Dante Jackson blownn coverage against Seahawks), you have underneath routes to bring down the linebackers to free the medium mid. 

Just because you don't understand this stuff.. doesnt mean its crap

You have no idea where it was designed to go only speculation but go on Mr. Know Everything 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I don't think he has a noodle arm but he does definitely look small and lacks physicality out there the other top 2 QB's have shown in this league. You simply cannot deny that unless you are engaging in self deception. It's up to Bryce to make defensive coordinators and defensive backs believe he can and will beat them deep. Nobody cares about college anymore.

Being small and lacking physically don't necessarily go hand in hand. Bottom line: He knows how to throw a ball based upon his football history.

20 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

You have no idea where it was designed to go only speculation but go on Mr. Know Everything 

It's not all speculation... especially after the play was run. As I just shared... you run routes to beat defensive schemes. The Thielen deep cross was a play designed for Thielen to be a cover 3. 

If your route concepts are designed to beat a specific type of defensive scheme.. then you know where the ball is supposed to go... it's literally how QBs are coached.... 

I am not going to go back and forth with you. Go post something about stroud or how Bryce has a noodle arm. This stuff... it's way over your head.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It's not all speculation... especially after the play was run. As I just shared... you run routes to beat defensive schemes. The Thielen deep cross was a play designed for Thielen to be a cover 3. 

If your route concepts are designed to beat a specific type of defensive scheme.. then you know where the ball is supposed to go... it's literally how QBs are coached.... 

I am not going to go back and forth with you. Go post something about stroud or how Bryce has a noodle arm. This stuff... it's way over your head.

Lol you want to be a puss when Linville goes at you but now look at what you're doing. I set a trap for your dumb ass and you fell for it hook line and sinker. Mr sensitive hypocrite.

Edited by PanthersGOATFan336
  • Poo 1

39 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Will you quit with the play design crap...unless you have a playbook in that group chat

he's the only person on this board that has actually taken the time to review the All-22. Until you do that, go find a seat and let the grown ups have a discussion.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1