• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMAC

Frank9999

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Fitterer got 4 picks in return and traded CMC to SF. I believe we had an offer from the Rams too and a smart GM would have likely realized that CMC in SF was going to help turn SF around and that Stafford started off 2022 hurt and the Rams would likely get worse. Instead our SF picks got worse and worse and the Rams second got better and better.

The problem was still that we didn’t evaluate well and make good pics.

The team also let it get to the point where CMC asked for a trade which killed some leverage so the picks were themselves very underwhelming well before they wasted those picks.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was onboard with trading CMC. We didn't need a huge money RB and we did need roster building assets and he was one of our few players we could trade for premium assets.

We just have a helluva trend of turning gold into coal. The trade? Good. What we did with the assets acquired? Trash.

Dead cap says we still have a highly paid running back.  He's just scoring a td in 13 straight games for another team

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I was onboard with trading CMC. We didn't need a huge money RB and we did need roster building assets and he was one of our few players we could trade for premium assets.

We just have a helluva trend of turning gold into coal. The trade? Good. What we did with the assets acquired? Trash.

The other reason some of us and maybe you were OK with the CMC trade is that we thought we were rebuilding so we’d sacrifice near term play for draft capital. Unfortunately, the team couldn’t figure out what they wanted and didn’t trade Burns. We also decided to go all in on a QB, possibly the wrong one, and not realize that CMC and Moore were far more important to that QB’s development than Burns.

Seeing us say we need to trade for a WR1 while DJ Moore is on pace for his best year ever (1200+ and 8TDs+) with a  QB that isn’t a huge passer, really does hit you in the nuts again. It’s the same Rhule start where we should have rebuilt the right way and decided we were good enough to compete. Newsflash, we weren’t then and we aren’t now 4 years later.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The team also let it get to the point where CMC asked for a trade which killed some leverage so the picks were themselves very underwhelming well before they wasted those picks.

According to CMC he didn’t ask for a trade. I don’t recall any articles or tweets from him saying he asked for a trade. We just heard that he was on the block and his mom’s comments came after we already had gotten an offer from the Rams and CMC was already on the block.

12 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

According to CMC he didn’t ask for a trade. I don’t recall any articles or tweets from him saying he asked for a trade. We just heard that he was on the block and his mom’s comments came after we already had gotten an offer from the Rams and CMC was already on the block.

That's even worse for the trade value then.

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

That's even worse for the trade value then.

SF was probably ecstatic to get a weapon like that for what ended up as 1 mid 2nd round pick value. They knew they’d be picking late after getting a healthy CMC and they were right.

SF is 16-1 including playoffs since CMC was their starting RB with the only loss being Philly in the NFC championship when CMC almost had to play QB. I think they are happy with the results of the trade.

Edited by WhoKnows

27 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

SF was probably ecstatic to get a weapon like that for what ended up as 1 mid 2nd round pick value. They knew they’d be picking late after getting a healthy CMC and they were right.

SF is 16-1 including playoffs since CMC was their starting RB with the only loss being Philly in the NFC championship when CMC almost had to play QB. I think they are happy with the results of the trade.

They are probably still laughing

5 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Almost like we saved them from the Trey Lance embarrassment.

They had a playoff team before and after Lance, had playable QBs the entire time and lucked into Purdy. CMC is just a cheap cherry on top for them. They get to laugh about blowing a wad on a bust while feeling no real pain for it and they will be in the playoffs again this year.