• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeudy is NOT a #1 WR

tukafan21

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My man nobody ever said he was a #1.

On this team he's probably our #1 though. Just shows you how bad we need help at WR now.

I'm more puzzled about the rumor of Burns for Jeudy. Like in what world would we entertain that.smh

You must have forgot that we have an absolute retard for our GM... Anything is possible with him sadly

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So CMC....or DJ....oops

No if you remember, CMC is just a runningback and those are a dime a dozen. Easily replaceable. We won that trade. 

And DJ is not a number one and doesn’t play hard. He also can’t score touchdowns and that was his fault. 

-Huddle

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, Mage said:

Jerry Jeudy is definitely better than DJ Chark.

Chark is just tall and fast.  I'm not saying he's a bad receiver, but he should be your #2 or #3 WR.  Jeudy can really do it all.  I do think he's a #1 WR.  He out-produced Sutton last year on fewer targets.  He's been the most productive Broncos receiver (when healthy) since being drafted.  At the very least I'd argue he's as good as Calvin Ridley, who most people would say is a #1 WR.  Ridley's 2020 season is better than anything Jeudy has had statistically, true, but even a 35 year old Matt Ryan is way better than any QB Jeudy has had.

I AM NOT SAYING I WANT US TO TRADE FOR HIM.  However I do think some of you are underrating Jeudy quite a bit.  He's not as good as guys like Jefferson/Chase/Adams, but he's in the same ball-park as Ridley/Moore/Aiyuk

I agree. But for his injury history, he's a good guy to have. At only 24, he hasn't even hit his prime yet. If he can get over the nagging injuries---which I understand is always a question---then he could be an excellent value at least through next season. And I still say he is a top tier route runner. You can easily see it as the second half of last season.

Acquiring Jeudy doesn't necessarily have to do anything with Chark. They both have underperformed relative to their upside. If both can get it together, and stay here, then we'll be good to go. Chark is a legit 4.3 guy with great hands, Jeudy is an excellent route runner with legit 4.4 speed. Mingo is very physical with legit 4.4 speed (just as fast as Jeudy), and also has a lot of upside. That's a good receiving corps with a lot of potential. And I haven't even mentioned the old man Thielen. If a coach can't figure that out and how to put his prized rookie QB into a situation where he can maximize those weapons, and also grow with those weapons, then they don't need to be coaching. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

16 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Again, why can't people learn from things like Two Gloves, Darnold, and Baker?

Trading for players who already haven't worked out and expecting that we're going to be the team to fix them, isn't a winning strategy.

If you do that and it doesn't work out, you then wasted the first 2 years of Bryce's development and all but guarantee his status as a bust of a pick.

I'd rather overpay for Higgins than get Jeudy at a value, he's just not good.

Maybe you just missed it, but you actually listed 3 quarterbacks. Jerry is a wr, just a heads up 

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

Maybe you just missed it, but you actually listed 3 quarterbacks. Jerry is a wr, just a heads up 

I think you just missed the point.

The point was that we kept trying to fix the QB position by overpaying for average or worse players and it only kept making the position worse for us.

My point is that going for Jeudy is the same thing, just a different position

4 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

Jeudy isn’t worth anything more than a 4th.  Runs well but just doesn’t have great hands.  

Panthers being desperate means they will have to over pay for him and prob won’t get as much as they should for Burns. 

The Panthers shouldn't have to pay any draft capital as long as Burns is included in a trade, Denver should be paying us.

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The Panthers shouldn't have to pay any draft capital as long as Burns is included in a trade, Denver should be paying us.

Burns would never be in any deal to get Jeudy, as they're not giving up their first rounder with Jeudy to get Burns and we're not giving them Burns for Jeudy without that first.

I'm afraid we'll make a stupid trade to get Jeudy, but I'm not afraid that we'll include Burns in it, even Fitterer isn't that dumb.

20 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Burns would never be in any deal to get Jeudy, as they're not giving up their first rounder with Jeudy to get Burns and we're not giving them Burns for Jeudy without that first.

I'm afraid we'll make a stupid trade to get Jeudy, but I'm not afraid that we'll include Burns in it, even Fitterer isn't that dumb.

No one else is going to give them anything more. A first and Jeudy is worth Burns. 

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No one else is going to give them anything more. A first and Jeudy is worth Burns. 

They're not giving up a probably Top 5 pick for the right to pay Burns the money he wants, not when they would prefer to draft a new QB and dump Wilson after the season.