• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

37 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I think tomorrow is a bloodbath and Carolina is on the wrong side.

The Boston Massacre all over again.

NJ and Arizona should both be wins, but so we're LA and Minnesota.

The canes have beaten all the top teams in the league this year. All games vs Boston are close. Canes tend to rise up up when playing too talent. 

• Pie 2

14 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Flowers would be the move I make if we have to make it. Low Budget, low cost, high potential. 3.5M rental. If Freddie is out we can take the cap space, mid pick. (No nikishin, Pono or FUS.) 

I could care less about the money. This team is in win now mode. At some point we need to shove some big chips. 

On 1/23/2024 at 10:09 PM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I am not down with sending the 1st round pick with Bunting and KK.  Sure, send the 2nd rounder and players and I guess I would be OK with that. 

One thing as @Harbingerspointed out is how do we make the $$ work?  Maybe that's why a 1st in included in the rumor?  I hate sending a 1st out when this front office/committee has been drafting so well. 

4 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I am not down with sending the 1st round pick with Bunting and KK.  Sure, send the 2nd rounder and players and I guess I would be OK with that. 

One thing as @Harbingerspointed out is how do we make the $$ work?  Maybe that's why a 1st in included in the rumor?  I hate sending a 1st out when this front office/committee has been drafting so well. 

I should also point out bunts has a M-NTC. Not sure which teams but. Also KK’s M-NTC doesn’t come into effect for two years but still not sure who would want to pick up a 7 year contract that goes M-NTC after next season. 

On 1/25/2024 at 3:19 PM, Rocky Davis said:

As far as a trade goes, I'd offload Necas while he's kinda hot.  He is quickly turning iinto Dougie Hamilton. 

Canes under the radar, or, in case you haven't noticed...

• Necas playing defense? Believe it or not, since he's come back from injury, there has been a noticeable effort in his defensive game. Sure, couple brain farts here and there, but maybe he's finally figured out with his speed he's got a great back check. And his quick hands are snatching pucks off opposing sticks lately.
  • Lemieux playing bodyguard? Is it just me or am I hearing his name more and seeing his game more? He has definitely ramped up his physical presence the last several games and has even brought some offense to the ice. He had a couple very good, strong, clean hits on Coyle and McAvoy in the Boston game and exchanged pleasantries with a few of the Devils as well.
  • Chatfield gonna get paid? Guy might be one of the best 3rd pair d-men in the league. He's got the speed to nullify icing calls, make up ground and wins board battles. I love watching this kid play defense. Dude has a $762.5k salary and probably should be making TDA-level money ($1.7M). Question is, will the Canes pony up or will they try to keep Skjei and Pesce and sacrifice Chatty?
  • Bunting moving in? Michael has 31 points and will likely match or exceed his 49 points from last season in Toronto. He may not be putting many pucks in the net with 10 goals, but his assist numbers will easily surpass last year's. He's quietly doing the work and, at the end of the season, I think we'll see a 55+ point season.
  • Noesen playing to stay? Another guy on the roster who is showing up every game and grinding in front of the net and below the goal line more than anyone else not on the Staal line. He, like Chatty, is on the bottom of the salary food chain with his $762.5k salary. Another guy we have to ask- is he going to stay or will he be sacrificed to keep Martinook or Turbo?
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Canes are playing well, special teams outstanding. If we get Svech and Pytor staying healthy through the playoffs I like the team we have now. 

Pulling a full Waddell here lol.

Could do without the break as we are hot. I like what we have, let’s see if something attractive comes along to tempt us….

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Not a good look Nikishin, but I get what’s he suppose to do, tell Putin no? SKA is Putin’s favorite team and Putin would probably revoke his passport and send him to the front if he said no. As long as he doesn’t make any comments on the Russian invasion…