• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Assistant Coaches

KatsAzz

With the exception of DC Meeks and OLC Magazu , we've got the most useless collection of assistant coaches in the league. Nobody's knocking down our door to steal these guys, and not one of them is cut out to be a head coach.

A good example is WRC Richard Williamson. How about this resume: Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad, Pat Jeffers, Rocket Ismail, Mark Carrier, Willie Green, Donald Hayes."

Name someone he's developed in the last 6 seasons or so. Only Smith and Muhammad were rookies under Williamson in that list. Also- Pat Jeffers? Rocket Ismail? Donald Hayes? Mediocre at best. We keep feeding this guy 1st and 2nd round picks and he keeps giving us guys that can't run routes or line up properly after 3 years under his tutelage. At some point, you have to start blaming the teacher, not the pupils.

completely disagree - and this goes back to the whole "Fox doesn't have a big coaching tree" argument. Jim Skipper's turned down numerous head coaching jobs in college to stay. Richard Williamson's been a head coach and OC. There's no doubt that Baker and Smith have made a difference at DL and LB, and that's at spots we were already well-coached. Magazu's top notch. Geep Chryst has been an OC and QBs coach - oh, and he invented modern statistical analysis in the league - obviously the mark of a terrible coach - and our TEs have gotten better every year.

Davidson's run offenses have been 12th at worst- his first year with Foster. Since then, top five. Top five is always a good indicator that a coach is terrible.

Jeffers scored 12 TD before he got hurt. Keep in mind - that was one year. 12 TD in a year? Only 12 TD? Guy sucked. I really wish fans would get their head out of their ass and at least attempt to look up what mediocre means.

i have no problem with davidson like most people here seem to. he had an inept QB that made the team 1 dimensional on offense. he had to call passing plays when the team fell behind because passing scores quicker than running. he is not a bad o- coordinator. the only game i felt that he called like crap was the buffalo game, all the other games, I have no problem with.

completely disagree - and this goes back to the whole "Fox doesn't have a big coaching tree" argument. Jim Skipper's turned down numerous head coaching jobs in college to stay. Richard Williamson's been a head coach and OC. There's no doubt that Baker and Smith have made a difference at DL and LB, and that's at spots we were already well-coached. Magazu's top notch. Geep Chryst has been an OC and QBs coach - oh, and he invented modern statistical analysis in the league - obviously the mark of a terrible coach - and our TEs have gotten better every year.

Davidson's run offenses have been 12th at worst- his first year with Foster. Since then, top five. Top five is always a good indicator that a coach is terrible.

Jeffers scored 12 TD before he got hurt. Keep in mind - that was one year. 12 TD in a year? Only 12 TD? Guy sucked. I really wish fans would get their head out of their ass and at least attempt to look up what mediocre means.

What he said.

:cornut:

Would have been nice to hear Davidson-Fox tension brewing over Delhomme. That honestly would have been the best news during our sucky stint

Agree.

For all we know, it could have and may still be going on. The organization is sooo mum about team insider knowledge. It leads us all to this crazy speculation and Scott Fowler writing things. aahhh!!

This thread is a fail. I'll agree that Crossman and Williamson should go, but all the rest deserve to stay.

Skip - Mentoring Four great RB's and a top notch FB. No doubt he'll bring Fiammetta up to speed.

Chryst - We have the most underrated 3-man TE rotation in the league. Any of the three of them could start and thrive.

Gillhamer/Milus - Secondary struggled last year, but improved a TON this year (probably attributable to Meeks)

Magazu - His results speak for themselves. I hope we don't ever lose him.

Smith - We have had a stacked LB core for years, 'nuff said.

Baker - Our D-line was awful last year, improved a lot after he showed up.

Scherer - Too early to tell on him. Jake was too broke to fix. Moore looks good, but who knows if it's because of him? Not any reason to think he can't get the job done.

Both coordinators are aces.

crossman is the only one i think should 100% be replaced this offseason.

williamson...i'm thinking we can and probably should be looking to upgrade there.

everyone else, though...i'm not really crazy about replacing at this point (although i wouldn't be horribly upset at fox leaving as long as everyone else for the most part stayed in place.)

Our special teams have been atrocious for a long time. A much needed upgrade at both the coach and talent level would be appreciated. Especially considering how much we covet field position. Mark Jones was probably the slowest kick returner in the league last year but he got us decent yards which we worked well with.

Archived