• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wilks is a better coach than Frank Reich. And it's not even close.

Dorian Gray

Just now, KillerKat said:

No goal post moving here. You just dont understand or refusing to understand. What has Rivera done in Washington? Using your logic, why hasnt he put together good players? Again look at the overall resume to see who has been carried. I think doing jack poo since prime Cam is enough evidence, but continue being silly.

Rivera's been bad in Washington. And they've had a bad roster. That's on him, no doubt. But he did a good job here until the end, found a franchise QB, and put together a solid defense. 

You need great players and a coach they believe in. It was clear our locker room bought into Wilks. They didn't Rhule. They haven't Reich. And Wilks was doing this AFTER Fitt traded away our best player and with a QB room of Sam Darnold and PJ Walker. 

Look, I appreciate your passion and I apologize for calling you an idiot. This season sucks and I'm hot. We both want this team to be good. Respect.

39 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

Absolutely no way of knowing that. He wasn't even given an offseason. He had to repair Rhule's disaster on the fly.

He literally had an opportunity to get to the playoffs by beating Tampa... His conservative play calling cost is that game... So can we please put the "Should've kept Wilks" argument to a rest... He isn't a great HC. Period.

• Pie 1

Just now, methodtoll said:

He literally had an opportunity to get to the playoffs by beating Tampa... His conservative play calling cost is that game... So can we please put the "Should've kept Wilks" argument to a rest... He isn't a great HC. Period.

Better than the garbage on the field right now.  Not even close either 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Dorian Gray said:

Rivera's been bad in Washington. And they've had a bad roster. That's on him, no doubt. But he did a good job here until the end, found a franchise QB, and put together a solid defense. 

You need great players and a coach they believe in. It was clear our locker room bought into Wilks. They didn't Rhule. They haven't Reich. And Wilks was doing this AFTER Fitt traded away our best player and with a QB room of Sam Darnold and PJ Walker. 

Look, I appreciate your passion and I apologize for calling you an idiot. This season sucks and I'm hot. We both want this team to be good. Respect.

Finding the QB wasnt that hard after Luck decided to go back to college and Cam was already rated the 2nd best behind Luck.  Rivera was not good his whole tenure here. He was almost fired in 2014 and then decided to do better. Then came 2015, which was Cam entering his prime. After that year he continued to ride Cam, giving him no oline and no WRs or any other help, until Cam broke down and Rivera couldnt do anything. 

Ill leave it at that.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

Punting to Tom Brady when his HC career was on the line was all I needed to see from Wilks. .500 Foxball was his ceiling. 

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Finding the QB wasnt that hard after Luck decided to go back to college and Cam was already rated the 2nd best behind Luck.  Rivera was not good his whole tenure here. He was almost fired in 2014 and then decided to do better. Then came 2015, which was Cam entering his prime. After that year he continued to ride Cam, giving him no oline and no WRs or any other help, until Cam broke down and Rivera couldnt do anything. 

Ill leave it at that.

Cam was not rated #2, most have Blaine Gabbert above him. 

I think the only one that had him rated super high was nfl's own website. 

There was a ton of grief about that pick during that draft year on this board. 

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

Cam was not rated #2, most have Blaine Gabbert above him. 

People forget there was literally a SI cover asking who should be #1 between Cam, Blaine Gabbert, and Jake Locker. It was not the slam dunk hindsight people want to believe. Those of us old enough to remember... do. 

• Flames 2

1 minute ago, methodtoll said:

You know that for a fact?? Because I am pretty certain Tepper and Co would have a say in that and I think the result would be the same.

Ftr, I don't think it is all on Bryce.

Look at the Seattle game, I keep saying this. 

The route combinations were different on the same play calls that they use with Bryce in at qb.

Steve Smith also noticed it and said something about it on his podcast. 

It's the QB. 100%.