• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Limit Laviska?

Eric4280

One thing I haven’t grasped too too much, is Laviskas limited usage. Every time he touches the ball, he finds a way forward and he’s shown he’s capable of hitting a home run. I know his route tree is absolute garbage, but he’s so physical and tenacious. He’ll make a lot out of nothing, then get pulled until 2 quarters later for a play or two. Things work when he touches the ball and we insist on forcing bland garbage elsewhere.

33 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

One thing I haven’t grasped too too much, is Laviskas limited usage. Every time he touches the ball, he finds a way forward and he’s shown he’s capable of hitting a home run. I know his route tree is absolute garbage, but he’s so physical and tenacious. He’ll make a lot out of nothing, then get pulled until 2 quarters later for a play or two. Things work when he touches the ball and we insist on forcing bland garbage elsewhere.

Unless you want to transition him to a true RB, he is limited because he's a limited receiver. Laviska has had problems with ball tracking since before he got into the league. Why do you think that the Jags basically traded him for a glorified ham sandwich? Why do you think that most of his receptions are near the LOS? You can't be a legit receiver if you have problems tracking the ball.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Unless you want to transition him to a true RB, he is limited because he's a limited receiver. Laviska has had problems with ball tracking since before he got into the league. Why do you think that the Jags basically traded him for a glorified ham sandwich? Why do you think that most of his receptions are near the LOS? You can't be a legit receiver if you have problems tracking the ball.

Screens, motions, and handoffs alone have resulted in some of our best individual plays this season. Then they just stop happening. I don’t even want him out there being a WR. Just a weapon.

1 minute ago, Eric4280 said:

Screens, motions, and handoffs alone have resulted in some of our best individual plays this season. Then they just stop happening. I don’t even want him out there being a WR. Just a weapon.

Well, maybe. One thing I would say is that if you use him too much, defenses will likely start taking cues and that might lead to less effectiveness and ultimately lead to bad things because it's too predictable. 

22 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Have no idea why we don’t use him like the Falcons used Cordarelle Patterson.

Yep, I said when we tried for him that Patterson was the blueprint for how he should be used. He doesn't have Patterson's pure speed but he has great feel as a runner with good wiggle and RB type running power. Handoffs, end arounds, screens, drag routes, etc. 

Just now, top dawg said:

Well, maybe. One thing I would say is that if you use him too much, defenses will likely start taking cues and that might lead to less effectiveness and ultimately lead to bad things because it's too predictable. 

Less effectiveness than what we're currently doing?

It's all about trying to create matchups and making the defense account for threats. We just don't have much to offer that defenses have to truly worry about.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Less effectiveness than what we're currently doing?

It's all about trying to create matchups and making the defense account for threats. We just don't have much to offer that defenses have to truly worry about.

Yes, I believe that things can get worse.

AT is not the old and slow guy that some had made him out to be. We're not really taking advantage of Chark like we're supposed to. Mingo certainly showed signs of life today. Hurst isn't really being used effectively in my opinion, and Tremble if nothing else can catch passes too. Now, of course you can blame it all on Bryce, but I'd say most of these issues come down to coaching and play calling.