• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brock Purdy and Bryce Young

tukafan21

How do you noobs think that Purdy would look in our offense and Bryce in theirs? 

It would not be pretty for Brock and Bryce would look more like a 1st round pick. 

I wanted Stroud over young, so I'm not a fan boy of his, but don't compare Vienna sausage to a sirloin steak 

Edited by PootieNunu

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Watch the game last night and honestly try to argue that all Purdy did was throw to wide open targets.

Yeah, their scheme is way better than ours. Yeah, their weapons are way better than ours. But Purdy made at least 10 high level throws with elite anticipation and ball placement. The type of throws that Bryce has been just a hair late on or the ball has been just off enough on to allow the defender to make a play. Not bad throws, just not quite good enough.

The best way to describe it is he hasn’t been perfect. In this scheme, with this offense, anticipation doesn’t matter if guys aren’t where they’re supposed to be. It’s a reason why AT gets all of the targets after being ran out of Minnesota. 

How much adversity did Purdy face last night? 

Just now, AceBoogie said:

The best way to describe it is he hasn’t been perfect. In this scheme, with this offense, anticipation doesn’t matter if guys aren’t where they’re supposed to be. It’s a reason why AT gets all of the targets after being ran out of Minnesota. 

How much adversity did Purdy face last night? 

I'd describe it as he hasn't been good, much less perfect.

I'm not at all convinced that Bryce would look much better in SF. Lance didn't and he had a ton more potential than Bryce ever will. Bryce's issues are he isn't an NFL talent. Too little physically and too little physical talent. It all shows on game day.

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

He hasn’t played above his situation. But I ask you when is the last time a QB has looked good with Frank as the HC?

It's hard to argue with people that already have their minds made up that young is a bust after 4 games. I'd prefer to wait and give him a chance because that's way better for the team than him being a bust 

Edited by uncfan888
  • Beer 1

Just now, AceBoogie said:

He hasn’t played above his situation. 

Which is a HUGE problem when you make a massive trade up to take a guy #1 overall. You're making that move for an elite talent who can elevate the guys around him. Bryce looks like his ceiling is probably a JAG. He's going to be as good or as bad as the situation around him.

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

It's hard to argue with people that already have their minds made up that young is a bust after 4 games. I'd prefer to wait and give him a chance because that's way better for the team than him being a bust 

I'm perfectly happy to be wrong. Hell, I HOPE that I'm wrong. But I'm not going to delude myself and twist and turn to try to paint a rosy picture. The picture is what it is. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Which is a HUGE problem when you make a massive trade up to take a guy #1 overall. You're making that move for an elite talent who can elevate the guys around him. Bryce looks like his ceiling is probably a JAG. He's going to be as good or as bad as the situation around him.

Every single QB in this league is as good or as bad as the situation around them. What rookie QB has ever come in and put a bad team on their back? You know there are college QBs older than Bryce? Enjoy the ride man. 

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Every single QB in this league is as good or as bad as the situation around them. What rookie QB has ever come in and put a bad team on their back? You know there are college QBs older than Bryce? Enjoy the ride man. 

Think back to Cam's rookie year. How many games would we have won with a D that was simply not atrocious. That guy went out there and gave us a fighting chance. Bruce just can't do that or at least hasn't shown that he can do far. Bryce needs the team to give him a fighting chance. That's the difference between a dude and a JAG.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Think back to Cam's rookie year. How many games would we have won with a D that was simply not atrocious. That guy went out there and gave us a fighting chance. Bruce just can't do that or at least hasn't shown that he can do far. Bryce needs the team to give him a fighting chance. That's the difference between a dude and a JAG.

Cam came into a very good offensive situation. From Chudd to the OL to the TEs to the WRs to the RBs. That team was tiers better at every single position. No one on today's Panthers offense would start on that team. Maybe Moton. Maybe.

4 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Cam came into a very good offensive situation. From Chudd to the OL to the TEs to the WRs to the RBs. That team was tiers better at every single position. No one on today's Panthers offense would start on that team. Maybe Moton. Maybe.

They were especially tiers better at the QB position.

If they switched places Young would be doing just as well as Purdy and Purdy would probably be doing worse here than Bryce has been. That Shanahan system with all that elite talent is a QB's dream. I like Purdy, solid player, but purely a game manager within that system, something plenty of other QBs could do just as effectively.