• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Both Fitterer and Reich Be Safer Than We Think?

tukafan21

6 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I hope Tepper has enough patience to stick with Reich and Fitterer through the season. Firing one or both will just set the franchise back even further. 

We are a winless embarrassment.  I don't see how we can be set back further at this point.

However, the current situation should be given the remainder of the season, longer pending results.  There's no point in trying to salvage anything right now.   IMO everyone is playing or coaching for a job right now.

Edited by Newtcase

My biggest issue with Fitts has been misreading the draft and having back to back years with trade up panic picks. First he did it with MC. This year he did it with DJ. Grabbing a LS instead of a day 2 grade guard. It's just one thing after another. But you have zero chance of building a good roster of you're panicking on draft day. 

10 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Is there any evidence that Tepper "forced" the Bryce pick? All the evidence I've seen points to Fitts and Reich making this pick but I'd be open to seeing anything that gives credence to this popular conspiracy theory.

You could look at the offense being designed for a qb with different traits then Young or that they changed the offenses route combinations for Young and we've only seen the actual offense once this season against Seattle. 

Most owners don't show up to the pre draft or interview processes for prospects unless they are directly involved in the decision making process.  Khan, and Jones come to mind over the last few years that have done this. 

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Stop it with the if they were forced. Scott and Frank had a damn love fest for Young. Frank even called it a proposal. They both got interviewed about it and I think it was Scott that said they told each other at the same time after the evaluation and both said Young. They even mentioned that Young was on top at the start and finish of their evaluation.

Here’s one of many articles that basically said everyone wanted Young from the start through the end:

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/.amp/gm-report/what-scott-fitterer-frank-reich-said-about-bryce-young 

The Tepper forced their hand poo is just BS. Reich has sucked as a coach so far and Fitt has sucked as a GM. Simple as that.

That's pr bull and it's easy to tell when former players are calling out the route changes for the backup to the #1 pick. 

This offense isn't designed for Young at all and that's all ya need to know to know that he at least wasn't who Reich wanted. 

Its not looking good for Fit but who knows...dr pepper may have been chomping on his azz to make something happen fast...he tried but the talent never produced on the fliers he took.... it doesn't matter if its Stroud, Richardson, Bryce or Jesus....Talent has to be there in other positions to succeed ...it ain't. Frank the flat head has to be safe...he was just the wrong choice...

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

At the end of the day we really have no idea how the decision making process went, we just know the PR spin of it. A team always portrays their draft picks as consensus picks. Especially picks with this type of investment.

Technically we weren’t in the room but damn if these threads aren’t ignoring the mountain of articles that Frank and Scott did to laud themselves as collaborators and as go getters that moved up to the top pick. This wasn’t PR spin. Frank and Scott basically said we’ve been watching Young for years and that they all agreed he was the guy. Look at this article:

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nc/charlotte/news/2023/04/25/panthers-reach-consensus-on-who-ll-be-no--1-pick-in-draft#:~:text=1 so that nothing would,consensus and we are excited.”

Fans were pretty damn excited that we got the pick because it seemed like we were finally serious about rebuilding around our next Cam (#1 overall pick). Seems like now we have all this spin because Scott and Frank appear to have driven this team into a ditch and both turned around the Chicago Bears and made the 49ers SB contenders.

• Pie 1

I'm telling you this has been the plan from day one.  The plan is 2025.  They drafted a qb 2 years before they go on a spending spree in 2025 with the $151 million in cap to reload the team, and they will have a 1st in 2025, all while giving their young qb much needed experience before they try to reclaim the NFCS.  It's happening. Trust the process.

Below is not typical PR spin. This is from the second link I posted and has Tepper nowhere near the process.

Fitterer said last week he had waited to ask Reich who he preferred at No. 1 so that nothing would cloud either decision-maker’s judgement. But on Monday Fitterer finally walked into Reich’s office and popped the question on who he prefers — and both agreed on the same QB.

“It was kind of like a proposal — and I said yes,” Reich joked Tuesday. “But there is consensus and we are excited.”

I’m not happy with Tepper because he’s made bad choices but damn it’s getting annoying when people are ignoring stuff like this and saying Tepper forced it. I think Tepper was excited like fans and even regurgitated what he was sold and his pissed that we appear to be way worse than Rhule or Wilks.

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Technically we weren’t in the room but damn if these threads aren’t ignoring the mountain of articles that Frank and Scott did to laud themselves as collaborators and as go getters that moved up to the top pick. This wasn’t PR spin. Frank and Scott basically said we’ve been watching Young for years and that they all agreed he was the guy. Look at this article:

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nc/charlotte/news/2023/04/25/panthers-reach-consensus-on-who-ll-be-no--1-pick-in-draft#:~:text=1 so that nothing would,consensus and we are excited.”

Fans were pretty damn excited that we got the pick because it seemed like we were finally serious about rebuilding around our next Cam (#1 overall pick). Seems like now we have all this spin because Scott and Frank appear to have driven this team into a ditch and both turned around the Chicago Bears and made the 49ers SB contenders.

I'm not saying it was Tepper's pick. I'm only stating the obvious that a multi-billion dollar organization absolutely puts a PR spin on these things.

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

That's pr bull and it's easy to tell when former players are calling out the route changes for the backup to the #1 pick. 

This offense isn't designed for Young at all and that's all ya need to know to know that he at least wasn't who Reich wanted. 

Read the article I just posted. It wasn’t just PR spend.

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I hope Tepper has enough patience to stick with Reich and Fitterer through the season. Firing one or both will just set the franchise back even further. 

Totally agree here.  You have to give it time.  Frank may or may not wanted BY...doesn't matter now.  Work with what you got and figure it out best for the best or worst.