• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The issue with the team is Tepper…

Doc Holiday

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's a really fine line between "challenging" and "overbearing".

Plenty of bosses who think they're pushing people to be their best are, in reality, just creating a difficult work environment and making everything harder.

No argument there. 

As far as weekly.meetings, that is far from meddling.  That's just an owner who gives a damn.   Guess we're better off with one that doesn't.  

13 hours ago, Varking said:

Agreeing to disagree trying to lay all the blame on one person. 

Yeah...one person. Happens all the time in pro sports. Daniel Snyder...Frank McCort...Donald Sterling.

I guess your worldview says that guys like Snyder, McCort, Sterling and Tepper are just snakebit. "It's the coach's fault!  "But, Daniel, you hired him." "That doesn't matter. It's his fault."

3 minutes ago, Hogan said:

Yeah...one person. Happens all the time in pro sports. Daniel Snyder...Frank McCort...Donald Sterling.

I guess your worldview says that guys like Snyder, McCort, Sterling and Tepper are just snakebit. "It's the coach's fault!  "But, Daniel, you hired him." "That doesn't matter. It's his fault."

Swing and a miss. We agreed to just disagree and you’re still going. 

Edited by Varking
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Swing and a miss. We agreed to just disagree and you’re still going. 

Actually, that was you who kept it going with the..."Agreeing to disagree trying to lay all the blame on one person."

I guess I misunderstood your post. 

First off, this team will never have a winning season with Tepper as the owner. He is not just a horrible owner, but he is an awful human being. Go look at the turnover in that company. He made his money on Wall Street with his hedge fund. Most of these people are a complete waste to humanity, leeches. 

Early on Tepper started at Goldman Sachs. Supposedly he was killing it there and quickly became the best trader there. He wanted a partner position which he definitely deserved because of his success trading. Almost anyone with that performance would that position. Tepper did not. It was said they didn't give it to him because they couldn't stand him. Said his constant screaming, foul mouth, and horrible personality caused him to be denied. We are talking about some of the most rude, backstabbing, morallass, corrupt people on this planet thought Tepper was too much. 

He also doesn't know football at all. You probably saw Tepper on Camera talking about Young. Saying he is a "point guard" who distributes the ball so he doesn't need any top talent around him. You know, he's like a point guard guys. That right there tells you Tepper traded up and had no problem sending DJ on. You know, it looks like Tepper looked at these coaches and roster and really thought they would make a run in the playoffs. 

Many understand how important it is to have the people at the top know how to set the culture of the entire company. Screaming, degrading, threatening worked with Wall Street traders. I promise you football players have a little difference in personality. Tepper thinks he knows football, wants control, and had this personality. He just creates a bunch of yes men and we all know damn well most good talent will completely avoid this team and owner.

Anyone going to the games saw the change. I've had season tickets since 2012 and try to make most of the games. Obviously 2015 was the peak. It was fun as hell. The players were loose and having fun. They were playing hard as hell too. You should have seen their demeanor first games this season. My group there all saw it before the first snap. They were not havingnfun. You could tell they were all "I'm just doing my job" kind of attitude. No laughing, no Tolbert dancing, no talking to fans, nothing. It looked bad and it was obvious. They knew what the deal was. 

I've seen this before. I saw it happen to Proctor & Gamble plant I visited for work a lot. The place was fun, people happy, and production was good. Plant manager retired and new guy like Tepper came in. Had a rule that the items on people's desks like a stapler, pencil holder, etc all have a specific place on your personal desk it must always be right after you use it. All desks in the cubicles had to look the exact same. Overnight that place became miserable to visit. Everyone on eggshells while there. People would not point out problems unrelated to what they were doing, would hide things, do the bare minimum, backstab each other. The plant production got awful and within a year the plant manager was replaced. Tepper is bringing that environment to Charlotte.

The stadium experience has gotten worse. The sound system sucked, insanely loud between plays, announcer sounded garbled and bad, you couldn't understand him a lot. The timer/scoreboard was constantly wrong. The field went artificial and 99% of the team on IR or career ended. But really though, injuries were horrible. Look at McCaffrey here and then now. We had things like Olsen happen. Look at now. I have no proof but injuries seemed to stack up once real turf was removed. A lot of non contact injuries like both guys above had happened. Noone dare questions it probably b/c that's what Tepper wants. Keep that head down and just do the bare minimum to avoid getting disciplined. Just say what you think Tepper wants to hear. 

And like Cam said, the locker room environment is one of the most important aspects. The guys have to gel and get along. Had to be willing to talk or critique others without hating each other. It had to be fun and relaxed at some points in time. I guarantee the locker room now is like high school detention now lol. Silent a lot, lots of arguments/fights, Tepper yelling, just horrible. These guys aren't immune to this atmosphere. I promise some are losing sleep. Thinking way too much on the field. Just an absolute mess. You can see it. 

Sorry for the super long rant but I had to get that out. I've loved this team even during the crappy years every other year. But this is the lowest of the low. Worst team in the league from my perspective, and no freaking draft picks that were traded. An awful roster and coach. You know this team will regress this year as it goes on. They are going to end up getting our tiny quarterback severely injured because the line will keep regressing. And you see Tepper do even crazier things because he knows absolutely nothing about football and will refuse to acknowledge this season is already a wask. You just need to try to develop the young guys like Young and Icky.

But Tepper has too much of an ego to backoff. He will constantly throw his weight around. His fingerprints are everywhere. But it sucks to say, this team WILL NOT have a winning season with Tepper as the owner. You can talk a out the play calling, replacing bad coaches, drafting better, whatever. But doing all of that, getting the best, will at most get the Panthers 6/7 wins with Tepper as the owner. Lots of top talent will avoid us like the plague. Tepper would have turned 2015 into a losing season, I swear. Anyone who goes to these games will understand. That swagger they had in 2015 that helped in those tight games would have been destroyed with Tepper there.

People need to get vocal about Tepper. He needs to know that the fans can't stand him and this his team is a joke. Hold up signs at the game (probably be removed from the stadium though). He has yo know everyone wants him gone. People on here will say it's not Tepper, its the GM/coaches. Ok, they can suck too. But good ones will get maybe 2 additional wins if Tepper IA owner. The ones defending him are defending losing seasons year after year. The Panthers will be awful if Tepper does not completely remove himself from ALL football operations. I think this needs to be constantly discussed. I don't any other way to run him off. And it's a very very slim chance he sells anytime soon. Judging by his past, he is just an all around awful person. I want nothing to do with him, he destroyed this team. How many years have you gave him?

• Pie 2

It is also telling when a guy has what he has been searching for in the palm of his hand and can’t see it because it doesn’t fit the picture he has created in his head of what his coach is going to be or look like. The offensive mastermind grass is greener than the great leader grass. You Can have both, I believe. Great leader hires great offensive mind and they go to work. 

In a copycat league, Tepper wanted to be 7th, or 10th, to copy. I look at that and think there has always been a response to the NFL trend or craze or model, and there will be for the latest too. Don’t be chasing trends. Sound football practices and talent will get you where you want to go. 

1 hour ago, ThrillzforthePils said:

Tepper deserves blame for sure, but certainly not all of it.  It’s telling when an intern coach can completely shift a team midseason ala Wilks.

Reich is the main issue 

Tepper hired Rhule .

Hired Fitterer.

Fired Wiles after he turned the team around.

Hired this coaching staff after taking advice from Fitterer.

I have been a fan since the day the franchise was announced,  and this is the first time i can't be assed to watch games .

The Panthers will be the amongst the worst teams in the NFL whilst Tepper is here.

• Beer 1

On 10/11/2023 at 9:18 PM, Doc Holiday said:

Sorry guys, the one and only person we can’t get rid of and fire is David Tepper. 

Franks presser says it all and Dan Patrick’s take on it is spot on, we have a meddling owner who doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing, overriding the Football people who are telling him otherwise. Frank wanted Stound(who I also wanted) Tepper want Young and that’s why we are in this mess!

There is no basis or evidence to the “Frank wanted CJ but Tepper forced him to take Young”. Please stop spreading fake news