• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

Frank9999

Just now, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Did Trevor Lawrence show an ability to elevate his team when he went 3-14 his rookie year with a 12 tds to 17 ints? How isn't it possible for a rookie to get better when he is CLEARLY in a bad situation with a lack of talent and the team perpetually under performing? The defense gave up 42 points in back to back weeks. Last week they had the excuse of 2 costly INTs and a terrible fumble. This week Bryce had 0 Turnovers. Still had to scover over 40 to win. How is that realistic expectations at this point in his career? They aren't.

Ok. Again. We see different things 

I hope you are right 

• Beer 1

Did Trevor Lawrence show an ability to elevate his team when he went 3-14 his rookie year with a 12 tds to 17 ints? How isn't it possible for a rookie to get better when he is CLEARLY in a bad situation with a lack of talent and the team perpetually under performing? The defense gave up 42 points in back to back weeks. Last week they had the excuse of 2 costly INTs and a terrible fumble. This week Bryce had 0 Turnovers. Still had to scover over 40 to win. How is that realistic expectations at this point in his career? They aren't.

One of my best friends is a Jags fan. I went to Clemson. I had to tell him that T Law would be good just like I’ve tried to do with people here. Took some time, but now he loves him. Some people just lack foresight man. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, AceBoogie said:

One of my best friends is a Jags fan. I went to Clemson. I had to tell him that T Law would be good just like I’ve tried to do with people here. Took some time, but now he loves him. Some people just lack foresight man. 

Unfortunately there are a lot of mrcompletely11s running around on this board currently. If this team ever starts to win again they will slowly begin to disappear and instead of reading the annoying drivel in every thread it will fade like a soft whisper. Just gotta give it time.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

I've seen a few posts in the other thread that got locked mention Purdy in relation to Young's development and I have to say that's gag worthy. Brock Purdy is not who we should be hoping for our #1 pick to be. If that's best case scenario blow this whole thing up and start over.

Just now, frankw said:

I've seen a few posts in the other thread that got locked mention Purdy in relation to Young's development and I have to say that's gag worthy. Brock Purdy is not who we should be hoping for our #1 pick to be. If that's best case scenario blow this whole thing up and start over.

I mean imagine if Young had that dudes coaching and supporting cast. Would be a whole lot less crying and complaining around here that's forsure

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

I mean imagine if Young had that dudes coaching supporting cast. Would be a whole lot less crying and complaining around here that's forsure

Shanahan is as much responsible for his success as that supporting cast is. There are very few coaches like him out there. Him and Andy Reid are basically in their own league.

• Beer 1

59 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Unlike Lawrence, Bryce needs to develop an arm as well. He has not shown anywhere near Lawrence's physical toolset, and that just makes Bryce's development curve that much steeper and that much more challenging, perhaps even that much less likely.

55 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Unfortunately there are a lot of mrcompletely11s running around on this board currently. If this team ever starts to win again they will slowly begin to disappear and instead of reading the annoying drivel in every thread it will fade like a soft whisper. Just gotta give it time.

No they won't - very few actively want the team to fail. Just like in 2010, if/when the team starts to win then doubts are organically quieted, unlike right now when there really isn't much positive to speak of. Your 'prophecy' is self-fulfilling.

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Unlike Lawrence, Bryce needs to develop an arm as well. He has not shown anywhere near Lawrence's physical toolset, and that just makes Bryce's development curve that much steeper and that much more challenging, perhaps even that much less likely.

No they won't - very few actively want the team to fail. Just like in 2010, if/when the team starts to win then doubts are organically quieted, unlike right now when there really isn't much positive to speak of. Your 'prophecy' is self-fulfilling.

So when Trevor had 9 games of no passing TDs his rookie year and several 100 yard outing losses people were all clamoring about his physical ability to throw the football? I don't believe that to be accurate.

And to your other statement, there is no problem with being upset about the current state of the franchise and voicing your displeasure. You think I'm happy we are 0-6 with Brian Burns still on the roster and no 1st rounder next year? Of course not but I'm not going to poo all over our rookie QB who very clearly needs time to develop and upgrades around him like the poster I referenced does. Like I said earlier there are QBs that are currently playing worse than Bryce but are still winning games. What does that say?

A lot of those people I was talking about make such baseless generalizations and claims and like to "stir the pot" while we are losing only to jump on the bandwagon and act like nothing happened or was said when we start to win. Those are what we call "Fair weather" fans and they are some of the worst fans in all of sports