• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

Frank9999

On 10/13/2023 at 10:41 AM, Frank9999 said:

The guy has played 4 games and he's honestly had more on his plate than any other rookie QB and has been in the most challenging position of all of them. I watched a lot of film from his last game too and theres a lot of good things there. Panthers have a lot of issues but Bryce is a bright spot. 

This message board has become so damn toxic and negative. I'm glad you actually spoke life over the team and give props to Bryce for dealing with the struggling team. We had a top 10 pick for a reason. We are going to be much better each game. Let's get it!!

• Poo 1

23 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

But that's the whole point. Aren't guys built like Cam Newton suppose to show out early because of their athleticism and more favorable measurables? Bryce doesn't have that to rely on he has everything working against him when it comes to his "physical limitations" so why would we expect him to come into the NFL and set the world on fire right away? Especially with this supporting cast. Just because he isn't dominating doesn't mean he doesn't have any traits, or an NFL arm, or isn't as smart as advertised. He just needs time. He needs exactly what he's getting now. Real NFL action against real NFL defenses. Being smart and a more cerebral person doesn't always mean you are out smarting and out playing people from day 1. It means he has the ability to learn and adapt to his environment and once it finally starts to click for him it will begin to translate onto the field. I truly believe Bryce just needs some time and more experience and he will be just fine.

No one wants Bryce to fail

‘learning and adapting’  is great but a player either has a nfl arm or the movement to tax and stretch a defense or he doesn't.  

i just don’t  see how he succeeds …and without perfect pieces around him, I don’t see how he ever succeeds   

I’m not saying that to be a contrarian.  I am just going by what my eyes tell me 

I believe Parcells was correct in saying  ‘he better walk on water’ and all I’ve seen at the nfl level,  except when the game is already decided, is a whole lot of drowning 

On 10/13/2023 at 10:41 AM, Frank9999 said:

The guy has played 4 games and he's honestly had more on his plate than any other rookie QB and has been in the most challenging position of all of them. I watched a lot of film from his last game too and theres a lot of good things there. Panthers have a lot of issues but Bryce is a bright spot. 

Eh, No.

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

No one wants Bryce to fail

‘learning and adapting’  is great but a player either has a nfl arm or the movement to tax and stretch a defense or he doesn't.  

i just don’t  see how he succeeds …and without perfect pieces around him, I don’t see how he ever succeeds   

I’m not saying that to be a contrarian.  I am just going by what my eyes tell me 

I believe Parcells was correct in saying  ‘he better walk on water’ and all I’ve seen at the nfl level,  except when the game is already decided, is a whole lot of drowning 

It's not that pieces need to be perfect for Bryce to succeed. They just need to not be the worst in the NFL. Look around the league and as a collective who has a worse running game oline and WR group as we do? We don't have a Cam Newton ready to throw to a bunch of JAGs his entire career. We have a QB who is much better in the short to mid game and he needs the weapons to mirror that. Why is it such an asinine thought that Bryce's downfield passing game will get better as the pieces around him get better?

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

It's not that pieces need to be perfect for Bryce to succeed. They just need to not be the worst in the NFL. Look around the league and as a collective who has a worse running game oline and WR group as we do? We don't have a Cam Newton ready to throw to a bunch of JAGs his entire career. We have a QB who is much better in the short to mid game and he needs the weapons to mirror that. Why is it such an asinine thought that Bryce's downfield passing game will get better as the pieces around him get better?

We can agree to disagree

i wish Bryce nothing but success.  Good for him good for the franchise 

I simply believe what my eyes tell me and they tell me he is not a NFL QB 

There is nothing that shows me that in any game, running or passing   

its ok if you see things differently.   I also wouldn’t have drafted him 

Edited by raleigh-panther

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

We can agree to disagree

i wish Bryce nothing but success.  Good for him good for the franchise 

I simply believe what my eyes tell me and they tell me he is not a NFL QB 

There is nothing that shows me that in any game, running or passing   

its ok if you see things differently.   I also wouldn’t have drafted him 

Sure but can you at least answer the question I posed to you though? Which team's QB has less to work with than Bryce currently does?

Just now, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Sure but can you at least answer the question I posed to you though? Which team's QB has less to work with than Bryce currently does?

Not playing that game. ..and it actually proves what I was saying  there is nothing about this kid in the NFL that elevates what he does have  

Too, your question could be made for every team in the league at any point in time either due to poor drafting, free agency or injury or in the Panthers, all of that, with scheme changes added in that dont fit the personnel 

I’m talking on pure talent in the NFL.  The NFL isn’t college and it isn’t a video game  and as likable at dinner  as this young man may be, none of that matters in the nfl  

when he has the opportunity, when it matters, he doesn’t hit it  …don’t care about what he does in garbage time 

I hope it changes for the Panthers sake but I just don’t see it. 

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

Not playing that game. ..and it actually proves what I was saying  there is nothing about this kid in the NFL that elevates what he does have  

Too, your question could be made for every team in the league at any point in time either due to poor drafting, free agency or injury or in the Panthers, all of that, with scheme changes added in that dont fit the personnel 

I’m talking on pure talent in the NFL.  The NFL isn’t college and it isn’t a video game  and as likable at dinner  as this young man may be, none of that matters in the nfl  

when he has the opportunity, when it matters, he doesn’t hit it  …don’t care about what he does in garbage time 

I hope it changes for the Panthers sake but I just don’t see it. 

So you don't believe that a team needs to surround their franchise QB with talent and that they should be able to put up good stats and win games no matter how good the collection of talent is around them? That is what you believe?