• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official GameDay Thread

Zod

Just now, Loyalty4Life said:

You can assert it all you want but that doesn't make it true.  I don't know if Bryce is a bust or not because no one knows that yet.

I also know that football is the ultimate team sport and everything affects everything else so it's also difficult to judge Bryce because of all the other problems with the team and coaching.

Maybe go watch some all 22 film and give me something beside what you "see" of a guy you didn't like before he ever took a snap.

Regardless of what I felt about him before we drafted him, once he was the choice, I bought in and wanted to believe.  I even bought into the mincamp and preseason hype and highlights the team shared.  What I'm saying now is based off of evidence.  

Everyone blamed the receivers and as they stated today, Thielen is literally the best slot receiver in the league right now...  so, you can't have it both ways.  

I get it, he's a rookie, but some poo he is lacking is just expected of an NFL QB at baseline, rookie or not.  You can attribute my issues with him to whatever you want, but at the end of the day, it doesn't make it any less true.  What he has shown even in optimal situations sprinkled throughout 6 weeks does not look like a franchise QB.  We can hope that he is, but at the end of the day, it will be what it is...  and it doesn't look good.  It's better to acknowledge a mistake early and fix it then to close your eyes and keep pretending it's not a mistake in the first place.  He deserves the rest of the season, but I just don't see him becoming much more than he is because of his limitations he has demonstrated over and over again.

• Flames 2
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

You can assert it all you want but that doesn't make it true.  I don't know if Bryce is a bust or not because no one knows that yet.

I also know that football is the ultimate team sport and everything affects everything else so it's also difficult to judge Bryce because of all the other problems with the team and coaching.

Maybe go watch some all 22 film and give me something beside what you "see" of a guy you didn't like before he ever took a snap.

Exactly, most of the people complaining about Bryce never played football before and don't know how scheme works. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 2

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Regardless of what I felt about him before we drafted him, once he was the choice, I bought in and wanted to believe.  I even bought into the mincamp and preseason hype and highlights the team shared.  What I'm saying now is based off of evidence.  

Everyone blamed the receivers and as they stated today, Thielen is literally the best slot receiver in the league right now...  so, you can't have it both ways.  

I get it, he's a rookie, but some poo he is lacking is just expected of an NFL QB at baseline, rookie or not.  You can attribute my issues with him to whatever you want, but at the end of the day, it doesn't make it any less true.  What he has shown even in optimal situations sprinkled throughout 6 weeks does not look like a franchise QB.  We can hope that he is, but at the end of the day, it will be what it is...  and it doesn't look good.  It's better to acknowledge a mistake early and fix it then to close your eyes and keep pretending it's not a mistake in the first place.  He deserves the rest of the season, but I just don't see him becoming much more than he is because of his limitations he has demonstrated over and over again.

Evidence of a rookie qb with little weapons, suspect coaching, etc.  I not just a Bryce defender.  I think he has plenty of "possible" issues but don't know if those issue are legit or a product of other things he has not control over.  That is why it takes at least 2 years or longer to really judge a guy.

Thielen being the best slot receiving isnt' having it both ways.  Why is he rated the best slot receiver?  It's because he's the diamond shining on a bad team.  Classic example of how stats can lie.  The fact that you think this is another strike against your skills to accurately analyze what is really happening.

If you've think we've been in any "optimal" situations for Bryce to showcase his skills then I question your eyesight as well as your analytical skill.

You say he's a bust and we need to cut bait and move on which is just stupid on it's face at his point and I'd say that for any rookie QB ever.

I say I've seen improvement and a lot of positive things when looked at in context.  I've also seen tons of mistakes he's made and have called him out on those but I don't know how good or bad a player he will turn out to be because at the end of the day, no one does.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I can see you are new here…just FYI there is an ignore feature that is fabulous.  Check it out 

Naw, I actually not new here.  Started on Charlotte Observer boards, thisboardrocks and huddle.  Just keep losing old accounts because I can only take so much and have to take long breaks to recharge.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Loyalty4Life said:

Naw, I actually not new here.  Started on Charlotte Observer boards, thisboardrocks and huddle.  Just keep losing old accounts because I can only take so much and have to take long breaks to recharge.

People being negative about the terrible team bothers you more than the team being terrible?

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, ickmule said:

He is nothing more than Mr. Dink & Dunk.  

The shaded area in blue is all the defense has to worry about at this stage of his career (ball at the 20).  Not my best artist work, but I'm no Bob Ross.

Anyway, that's a LOT of the field the defense doesn't have to worry about.

image.png.7bba5c48ecb813cec88ac03e0b74527b.png

• Pie 3