• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are YOU ready for the Bryce Young vs CJ Stroud showdown in 2 weeks?

3 hours ago, Varking said:

I’m not sure where you are getting the run game being effective in Houston. 

They are 7th in the NFL in passing yards per game. They have the 9th worst rushing yards per game at 88. Carolina averages 10 more rushing yards per game. 

Pierce for the Texans averages 2.9 a carry. Miles Sanders averages 3.1. Pierces season long is 15 yards. Miles Sanders long is 15 yards. Chuba has a long of 21 and averages like 4.5 a carry. 

Their run game has been less effective than ours. Our team even has 2 “big” runs of over 20+ yards and 2 rushing TDs. Houston has 0 big runs and 1 rushing TD. 

Again, the stats aren't telling the full story - at least not from what I watched yesterday. You can't watch the stat line and highlights to get the full story. 

There was a huge lean on the run on their scoring drives. Like they moved the ball down the field mostly from 5-10+ yards runs. May have been bad runs in places to give them a low average (didn't score alot), but they moved the ball on a few drives primarily from running it. Then, gave Stroud a chance to get it in the endzone once they were close. I watched the games simultaneously with the Sunday Ticket. It's really obvious when you watch both games at the same time. 

Stroud is really good for a rookie. I am not denying that. Never did. But he makes mistakes. He misses easy throws too. His timing is off at timeswhen the protection breaks down. But he's a rookie so that is to be expected. But the team picks him up all the time. He's throwing to guys that are actually open - alot. Not just NFL open, but OPEN OPEN. Watch the game. Just the scoring drives if you don't have much time. And tell me what you think about weapons and playcalling compared to what's here in Carolina. 

16 hours ago, Navy_football said:

The game will be eye opening to anyone without an agenda. If you watch the Texans play, you'll easily notice that Stroud isn't asked to carry the team like Bryce is. If you just look at highlights and stats, then you don't really see how effective their run game is. You don't see how many gimme's CJ misses. You don't see the degree of separation his targets get, particularly compared to Carolina's receivers. They are in 2 completely different situations. I mean it's really not remotely the same, and an unfair comparison. 

lol

11 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Again, the stats aren't telling the full story - at least not from what I watched yesterday. You can't watch the stat line and highlights to get the full story. 

There was a huge lean on the run on their scoring drives. Like they moved the ball down the field mostly from 5-10+ yards runs. May have been bad runs in places to give them a low average (didn't score alot), but they moved the ball on a few drives primarily from running it. Then, gave Stroud a chance to get it in the endzone once they were close. I watched the games simultaneously with the Sunday Ticket. It's really obvious when you watch both games at the same time. 

Stroud is really good for a rookie. I am not denying that. Never did. But he makes mistakes. He misses easy throws too. His timing is off at timeswhen the protection breaks down. But he's a rookie so that is to be expected. But the team picks him up all the time. He's throwing to guys that are actually open - alot. Not just NFL open, but OPEN OPEN. Watch the game. Just the scoring drives if you don't have much time. And tell me what you think about weapons and playcalling compared to what's here in Carolina. 

there is lol funny and then there is goddamn hilarious and this post is the latter 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I did, Ive seen just about every snap from stroud

shout out youtube tv

Bruh...

How can I say this to get through to some of yall? Watch the game. The flow of the game. The timeliness of playcalling and big runs. Pass protection. Separation of receivers. It's different when you WATCH the game! Watch the game. Not the highlights and stat line. Watch the game! The game has a different feel than when you're just watching his throws or his highlights. If you WATCH the GAME!

Just now, Navy_football said:

Bruh...

How can I say this to get through to some of yall? Watch the game. The flow of the game. The timeliness of playcalling and big runs. Pass protection. Separation of receivers. It's different when you WATCH the game! Watch the game. Not the highlights and stat line. Watch the game! The game has a different feel than when you're just watching his throws or his highlights. If you WATCH the GAME!

are you saying I didnt watch? 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

are you saying I didnt watch? 

I'm going by what you said. You said you watched his snaps from YT. 

I'm not trying to win an argument. I'm just offering a different POV based on what I saw watching the games. You can choose to stay in Bryce is horrible mode if that's your choice. Stroud can be better than Bryce and Bryce can still be good. Those two things can be true at the same time. Just like Bryce could be just as good as Stroud but Bryce doesn't win any games. They can both exist at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I'm going by what you said. You said you watched his snaps from YT. 

I'm not trying to win an argument. I'm just offering a different POV based on what I saw watching the games. You can choose to stay in Bryce is horrible mode if that's your choice. Stroud can be better than Bryce and Bryce can still be good. Those two things can be true at the same time. Just like Bryce could be just as good as Stroud but Bryce doesn't win any games. They can both exist at the same time. 

bro I was watching on youtubetv nfl package, sorry if it wasnt clear

You can basically watch every game with multiple tvs

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

bro I was watching on youtubetv nfl package, sorry if it wasnt clear

You can basically watch every game with multiple tvs

Yes! or 4 games at once, which is what I was doing. I can't give a full 3 hours to just Carolina right now. It's just demoralizing and makes football not fun. 

So you watched both games and came away thinking Stroud looked better then Bryce? Please explain. Seriously. I'm curious. What did Stroud do that looked better than Young to you? No judgment or response from me on your opinion.