• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No team in the NFC south is averaging more than 19 points per game

GoobyPls

It's not surprising. I think going into the season if you were objectively looking at the NFL you would've circled the NFC South as having both the worst QB situation and the worst overall offensive situation.

I mean, if you had an open NFL draft, how many NFC South offensive players would be drafted in say the top 100 picks? 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not surprising. I think going into the season if you were objectively looking at the NFL you would've circled the NFC South as having both the worst QB situation and the worst overall offensive situation.

I mean, if you had an open NFL draft, how many NFC South offensive players would be drafted in say the top 100 picks? 

Olave, Theilen (because hes a reception machine), Evans,  Pitts, London, BRob and maybe Godwin. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ain't no way a 33 year old WR gets drafted among the top 100 picks in an open draft.

All depends on your goals I guess. How many teams would be thrilled to have a possession receiver that constantly finds a way to get open as a WR2? That's not easy to find anywhere in the NFL except for a few teams. If he played another 2-3 years, that's about what you'd get out of a WR from the 3rd round average anyway. 

Our D has been an absolute disaster. As bad as the O has been, D has been the biggest issue by far. Our O is 10th worst in the league, bad for sure but nowhere near as bad as the Giants, Patriots... Meanwhile our D is 2nd worst, only better than Denver... I know we've had injuries but man Evero has been really disappointing for how hyped he was in the offseason and all the HC interviews he got

• Pie 1

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

All depends on your goals I guess. How many teams would be thrilled to have a possession receiver that constantly finds a way to get open as a WR2? That's not easy to find anywhere in the NFL except for a few teams. If he played another 2-3 years, that's about what you'd get out of a WR from the 3rd round average anyway. 

I'm talking about an open draft of current NFL players if you just took everyone and threw them in the pot and started the league over with an open draft.

There's no way in hell Adam Thielen gets taken in the top 100 picks. Zero chance. Hell, there would probably only be about 10 WRs taken total in the top 100 picks because teams are gonna be taking a lot of QBs, OTs, pass rushers, and CBs too. You're talking the elite to very good #1 WRs.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm talking about an open draft of current NFL players if you just took everyone and threw them in the pot and started the league over with an open draft.

There's no way in hell Adam Thielen gets taken in the top 100 picks. Zero chance. Hell, there would probably only be about 10 WRs taken total in the top 100 picks because teams are gonna be taking a lot of QBs, OTs, pass rushers, and CBs too. You're talking the elite to very good #1 WRs.

It's too damn early and I haven't had my coffee yet. I was thinking of just offensive players. Yeah you're right about 100 overall

• Beer 1

NFC South is gonna be the pit of mediocrity combined with the stench of sucking for a while. 
Losing Brees, Ryan, Cam and whoever the Bucs had at the time turned this division into the division of meh. 
Falcons have no QB, they would be good if they did. 
Saints are just the Raiders now. 
Bucs are, honestly I don’t know, with a good QB they’d probably be ahead of everyone. 
Panthers are just how you don’t build a football team.