• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?

Shotgun

If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?

• #2-#5
    • Not in the top 10
    • Not in the first round

2 hours ago, Green-Ghost said:

Hmmmm,, this might be an “apples and oranges” kind of question.  This question could easily be reworded as, “if I knew then what I know now.”  The problem is there is no way to know back then.

I do have a question however, I would like to know what factors went into the decision to draft young?  What criteria did they use?in other words, why did they make the decision to draft young in the first place, other than some of the other quarterback talent.

did they take the time and effort to compare young with the other quarterback candidates or did they draft young because he was a product of Alabama.

Nicole thought he was handsome and marketable. Only thing that makes sense.  Nothing about football Says young over stroud

14 hours ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

He wouldn’t be drafted at all.

I don't think that's true. He has too much talent and had too much success at the college level to go undrafted. He has glaring physical limitations, but someone would take a chance on him; I think in the late second or early third. The range where interesting, talented, but somehow less than ideal players SHOULD be drafted.  And there he would be going to a team that:

• A) was more complete already, presumably had skill position players and a stronger line, and he wasn't counted on to be the franchise savior on his own
  • B) would let him earn his starting job either by winning in camp, or riding the bench a few years and learning the ropes behind a vet. In contrast, because we took him #1 overall, we simply HAD TO name him our week 1 started. That was a given, and probably the worst thing that could have ever happened to Bryce Young

I don't have a lot of faith in him to be our franchise star, much less starting QB in a year's time. But I must concede that a competent program would have taken a shot on him before day 3 of the draft, and he'd have been much better off for it.

Edited by Captroop

Just now, Captroop said:

I don't think that's true. He has too much talent and had too much success at the college level to go undrafted. He has glaring physical limitations, but someone would take a change on him; I think in the late second or early third. And there he would be going to a team that:

• A) was more complete already, presumably had skill position players and a stronger line, and he wasn't counted on to be the franchise savior on his own
  • B) would let him earn his starting job either by winning in camp, or riding the bench a few years and learning the ropes behind a vet. In contrast, because we took him #1 overall, we simply HAD TO name him our week 1 started. That was a given, and probably the worst thing that could have ever happened to Bryce Young

I don't have a lot of faith in him to be our franchise star, much less starting QB in a year's time. But I must concede that a competent program would have taken a shot on him before day 3 of the draft, and he'd have been much better off for it.

I keep hearing about all his talent and yet..........

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I keep hearing about all his talent and yet..........

Put Max Verstappen in an AlphaTauri and he'd be a mediocre driver.

Actually that's too generous for us.

Put Max Verstappen in a 1998 Taurus.

Meanwhile, a pass blocking line and Davante Adams made this guy look like Tom Brady on the 2007 Patriots

licensed-image.thumb.jpg.3c15e663cc81e4cce05d7b8ad1bacee8.jpg

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I don't think that's true. He has too much talent and had too much success at the college level to go undrafted. He has glaring physical limitations, but someone would take a chance on him; I think in the late second or early third. The range where interesting, talented, but somehow less than ideal players SHOULD be drafted.  And there he would be going to a team that:

No NFL team beside us would be dumb enough to draft a 5’8 170 pound QB. During pre-draft I was listening to QB room w/ Jordan Palmer and they were surprised Bryce was mocked as high as he was. They said they spoke an NFL GM who didn’t believe the mocks, and said 90% of teams won’t consider a QB Bryce’s size. He doesn’t have a single trait teams normally look for in a QB, let alone a #1 QB. We were the only team who fell for the smoke screen. The quicker people realize this the quicker we can move on.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

No NFL team beside us would be dumb enough to draft a 5’8 170 pound QB. During pre-draft I was listening to QB room w/ Jordan Palmer and they were surprised Bryce was mocked as high as he was. They said they spoke an NFL GM who didn’t believe the mocks, and said 90% of teams won’t consider a QB Bryce’s size. He doesn’t have a single trait teams normally look for in a QB, let alone a #1 QB. We were the only team who fell for the smoke screen. The quicker people realize this the quicker we can move on.

It's a good thing I didn't suggest he would be taken #1 overall, or even in the first round then, huh?

2 hours ago, Captroop said:

Put Max Verstappen in an AlphaTauri and he'd be a mediocre driver.

Actually that's too generous for us.

Put Max Verstappen in a 1998 Taurus.

Meanwhile, a pass blocking line and Davante Adams made this guy look like Tom Brady on the 2007 Patriots

licensed-image.thumb.jpg.3c15e663cc81e4cce05d7b8ad1bacee8.jpg

Damn now that is what I call a homemade haircut. Someone fugged his head up.

6 hours ago, Captroop said:

So Stetson Bennet in the 4th style