• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?

Shotgun

If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?

• #2-#5
    • Not in the top 10
    • Not in the first round

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don't think they were "in love" with him.  I think he was their preference, but they weren't willing to part with what we did for him.  DJ Moore on a decent contract was a big selling point for the Bears.  At one point they mentioned the number 2 pick was for sale, but again who knows what is true or not.

Also I don't doubt teams had Young off their boards.  Any team wanting to have their QB under center most of the time or use their QB as a runner shouldn't consider Young.  I just don't think the Texans were one of those teams.  Shefter and Glazer are pretty solid sources IMO.  I don't see one that says the Texans never had Young on their board?

since glazer/shefter have solid sources that tells me the texans could have been playing the game of misinformation in case we took stroud.  They could have been drumming up interest for pick 2.  There was also a report they would pass on a qb last draft.

again the overall point is none of us know how it would have unfolded.  But I do know a qb falls damn near every year. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

If we are basing this off of long term potential and what they have shown for 6 weeks obviously Stroud goes 1, Jalen Carter goes much higher but Richardson needs reps and he might be out for the year. So wasted first season. So after Stroud are you gambling on your coaching staff being able to develop Bryce better than Carolina or are you picking Levis? I think Bryce still is the second off the board. 

Texans could be thinking “if we did this much with CJ let’s see what we can do with somebody more pro ready”. 

More 'pro ready' but unable to make half the throws an NFL QB needs to make.

He'd go third round if they did a re-Draft based on the first 6 weeks of play and that's only cos someone would think they can fix him.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Say what you want about the Bears and their mismanagement over the years but they sniffed around Bryce Young and decided they didn't need the pick if he was the top option.  Like it or not so far they have not been wrong in that assessment.

Bingo 

• Pie 1

#1 Overall.  I hate it here.

Bryce is going to show you why in 2 weeks when he outplays Stroud. 

God we need to win so this place will be more worthwhile to spend some time here...

The past is over... the ink is dry... and we have our QB.  And yet the bitching must go on...

I have been as pissed as any fan about how this season has went, but I am 1000000% ride or die with Bryce.  IMHO, anyone who has watched him play and not been impressed with both his play and composure with this trainwreck of an offense around him, I just don't know.

I'm honestly ready for the Bryce haters to leave so we can move on with the people that are left.

Here's the thing... Hardly anyone here wanted Stroud during the draft.  The people who didn't want Bryce wanted Anthony Richardson, and he's probably out for the year with a shoulder injury.

The revisionist history in this place is like The Twilight Zone.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

9 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

They also had picked & were dedicated to the Justin Fields project.  I don't think this is the smoking gun point you think it is...

As they should have, but you clearly forget or are ommitting that just about everybody was calling them dumb for not keeping the pick because they were convinced fields was a lost cause and a bust. I lot of people on this forum said the same thing so there is your smoking gun...

5 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

As they should have, but you clearly forget or are ommitting that just about everybody was calling them dumb for not keeping the pick because they were convinced fields was a lost cause and a bust. I lot of people on this forum said the same thing so there is your smoking gun...

So you're saying that Fields got a whole two years before the "bust" label? Hmm...

Btw, we really need to stop with the x-ray navel gazing as a fan base and be a bit more level headed in our (justifiable) criticism. The Bears are nationally and even locally known to be a colossally badly-run organization and have been for a long time. People are actually questioning if it's time for the Halas family to give up the team. I get that people are down on Bryce, but down on him to the point of giving kudos to the Bears?

Edited by BrisbanePanther

7 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

So you're saying that Fields got a whole two years before the "bust" label? Hmm...

Btw, we really need to stop with the x-ray navel gazing as a fan base and be a bit more level headed in our (justifiable) criticism. The Bears are nationally and even locally known to be a colossally badly-run organization and have been for a long time. People are actually questioning if it's time for the Halas family to give up the team. I get that people are down on Bryce, but down on him to the point of giving kudos to the Bears?

Well if we are gonna go down that road... i dont even know if you can an even count fields rookie year as a real evaluation considering the bad coaching,  no oline, no receivers, not being a starter yet, and bad roster. Then on to last year the same problems existed and when you think about it, WHAT DO U KNOW...THEY WERE THE SAME THINGS PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT BRYCE NOW AND HIS ABILITY TO SUCCEED. The difference is, fields was actually able to lead the bears to a few wins off his shear talent alone with everything bad around him so the bears felt he was worth the investment. I think thats enough to deserve some kudos.

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Say what you want about the Bears and their mismanagement over the years but they sniffed around Bryce Young and decided they didn't need the pick if he was the top option.  Like it or not so far they have not been wrong in that assessment.

Maybe but they also decided Stroud wasn't the guy either.  I wonder how they feel about passing up him as their next QB and flipping Fields for picks.  

41 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

#1 Overall.  I hate it here.

Bryce is going to show you why in 2 weeks when he outplays Stroud. 

God we need to win so this place will be more worthwhile to spend some time here...

The past is over... the ink is dry... and we have our QB.  And yet the bitching must go on...

I have been as pissed as any fan about how this season has went, but I am 1000000% ride or die with Bryce.  IMHO, anyone who has watched him play and not been impressed with both his play and composure with this trainwreck of an offense around him, I just don't know.

I'm honestly ready for the Bryce haters to leave so we can move on with the people that are left.

Here's the thing... Hardly anyone here wanted Stroud during the draft.  The people who didn't want Bryce wanted Anthony Richardson, and he's probably out for the year with a shoulder injury.

The revisionist history in this place is like The Twilight Zone.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but Stroud was the Huddle favorite and it wasn't that close.  It was Stroud, Young, and only a couple Richardson fans (most were just intrigued by him but admitted he was a risk).  After Carolina decided we were taking Young the pendulum swung back to Young, but that's just fans being fans.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

If ‘top 10’ were an option, I would have chosen that. 

The question is one thing I am answering a different thing. Where I would feel okay and if it were 9 and he was the best that we could do at 9 I would understand taking him, even if he weren’t my first choice (his limitations are so much easier to deal with at 9).

Where he would be drafted? Do we get 9 back? I wouldn’t take him higher than 9 because that is our pick and I prioritize future assets, but someone might. To whom I would be saying bless your little hearts (thank you for the picks!) See I’d be okay trading out of 9 for someone who wants to take him. 

Hah, now I’m just back to what I would do, not what teams would do. Ours would probably just take him at 1 again if they could get to the pick. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

If ‘top 10’ were an option, I would have chosen that. 

The question is one thing I am answering a different thing. Where I would feel okay and if it were 9 and he was the best that we could do at 9 I would understand taking him, even if he weren’t my first choice (his limitations are so much easier to deal with at 9).

Where he would be drafted? Do we get 9 back? I wouldn’t take him higher than 9 because that is our pick and I prioritize future assets, but someone might. To whom I would be saying bless your little hearts (thank you for the picks!) See I’d be okay trading out of 9 for someone who wants to take him. 

Hah, now I’m just back to what I would do, not what teams would do. Ours would probably just take him at 1 again if they could get to the pick. 

Pre draft I would have been fine taking Young at 9. Now I would pass.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

Why doesn’t the 65 percent of this fanbase…. Just go be Texans fans. It’s that simple. You’re this married to your guys who’s “clearly better and will be better after 5 games”, just go be a Texans fan. I’m sure they’re taking. There are 612 threads that slight Bryce and prop up Stroud. We get it. Strouds played well. Bryce is hard to measure. We’re beating a dead horse with this constant “get a stroud panthers card, where would bryce be taken, Bryce isn’t good at _____”. He’s. Not. Our. Guy. Get over it.

35 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Why doesn’t the 65 percent of this fanbase…. Just go be Texans fans. It’s that simple. You’re this married to your guys who’s “clearly better and will be better after 5 games”, just go be a Texans fan. I’m sure they’re taking. There are 612 threads that slight Bryce and prop up Stroud. We get it. Strouds played well. Bryce is hard to measure. We’re beating a dead horse with this constant “get a stroud panthers card, where would bryce be taken, Bryce isn’t good at _____”. He’s. Not. Our. Guy. Get over it.

You spent weeks before the draft engaging anyone that had even a slight concern about Young as if they were attacking your own child. Now you want people to leave because they aren't towing the company line to your liking because things have gone about as bad as they possibly could. If you dislike it here so much you should seek a different community.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3